IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with how Football incidents are viewed treated , in a disproportional way - but after that you've lost me  

do you think a Judge is likely to be Reading OTiB posts to gauge a flavour / opinion ?

Yes, frankly.  Judges are not something out of Dickens' novels, they even have computers these days, and I happen to know two magistrates who are entirely ordinary people.

I give you Exhibit A:

A judge who sat at Canterbury Crown Court has been sacked after he posted abusive comments on KentOnline about cases he was involved in.

Jason Dunn-Shaw used a pseudonym to brand website visitors “donkeys” and “trolls”, accused them of being “narrow-minded and bigoted” and complained “lots of warty fingers at work here” when faced with comments he disapproved of.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/judge-sacked-for-making-abusive-123834/

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with how Football incidents are viewed treated , in a disproportional way - but after that you've lost me  

do you think a Judge is likely to be Reading OTiB posts to gauge a flavour / opinion ?

Only if he's a City fan....Any circuit/Crown Judges on here??!

Just now, Robert the bruce said:

Only if he's a City fan....Any circuit/Crown Judges on here??!

I am amazed by the naivete on here.

There is a serving police officer posting on this thread; any relevant transcripts will be printed off and provided as part of building the police case.  It is far easier to read a forum / Facebook than to go round knocking upon doors and asking if anybody knows anything.

I haven't spotted anything hugely incriminating or i woudl have reported it for deletion; although I haven't read the whole thread.

Here's a recent example of an interested party going after forum posters.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/30/mumsnet_plastic_surgeon_court_order_user_id_messages/

35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There is a serving police officer posting on this thread; any relevant transcripts will be printed off and provided as part of building the police case.

It is far easier to read a forum / Facebook than to go round knocking upon doors and asking if anybody knows anything.

I haven't spotted anything hugely incriminating or i woudl have reported it for deletion; although I haven't read the whole thread.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/30/mumsnet_plastic_surgeon_court_order_user_id_messages/

You make some reasonable points , but sorry that is simply nonsense I assure you 

Only a confession by a poster may be relevant or possibly account of a witness that may show he / she has been consistent / inconsistent in their account

The poster is neither ,and merely passing on hearsay which is valueless

1 hour ago, phantom said:

By the sounds of things has already happened

Haven't trawled through the whole thing but fair enough if people are being identified, otherwise it's not prejudicial. No one's in danger of being charged though, no arrests/warrants so there's nothing to prejudice.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You make some reasonable points , but sorry that is simply nonsense I assure you 

Only a confession by a poster may be relevant or possibly account of a witness that may show he / she has been consistent / inconsistent in their account

The poster is neither ,and merely passing on hearsay which is valueless

Simply put: yes.

It does however provide a background of rumour and hearsay which colours the trial.  If people didn't post those lurid tales of what their mate saw on here then it is less of big deal.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There is a serving police officer posting on this thread; any relevant transcripts will be printed off and provided as part of building the police case.  It is far easier to read a forum / Facebook than to go round knocking upon doors and asking if anybody knows anything.

I think you can be rest assured that nothing from this forum will ever be printed off and used to build a case.

we use evidence direct from the witness of what they saw, heard, felt or touched not hearsay evidence via this forum.

. I came on here at the request of the mods to answer any relevant questions or queries, I continue to do so until people no longer want me to.

Just now, JulieH said:

I think you can be rest assured that nothing from this forum will ever be printed off and used to build a case.

we use evidence direct from the witness of what they saw, heard, felt or touched not hearsay evidence via this forum.

. I came on here at the request of the mods to answer any relevant questions or queries, I continue to do so until people no longer want me to.

Don't go Julie !!  I love a girl in uniform :wub:

psst: please don't tell Dolly

51 minutes ago, JulieH said:

That's very fair of you to say so Julie; thank you for clarifying.

And, as with Mark Kelly from the club, it is very welcome that you are on the forum in order to directly interact with the fans.

On 4/11/2017 at 00:22, RaspberryRed said:

Yes and then went on to justify why!! The rest of the sentence is just disingenuous after your OP

you have to fill in blanks there because I'm not getting it. To clarify - I am not a hooligan, at the same time i have no problem with those who scrap for city. No problem whatsoever. They're lesser fans because of why?? And despite of others telling me off, I think for city to be telling tales on each other is fundamentally wrong. 

On 4/11/2017 at 14:39, CyderInACan said:

So the police shouldn't use the largest Bristol City forum to appeal for information about a very 2 serious assaults that were allegedly perpetrated by Bristol City fans? Is that really what you're saying? 

I'd suggest that the police would be negligent in not so doing. Have a word with yourself. 

honestly, I bet that you could go to BS3 tomorrow and find out in about 20 minutes who did what and what happened. If Bristol plod don't know, then I can't even begin to reason with you. It's a sad day when you can't talk freely on a BCFC page because everyone is being urged to tell stories on other city fans. 

26 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

you have to fill in blanks there because I'm not getting it. To clarify - I am not a hooligan, at the same time i have no problem with those who scrap for city. No problem whatsoever. They're lesser fans because of why?? And despite of others telling me off, I think for city to be telling tales on each other is fundamentally wrong. 

Just to add, some away fans are also intimidating decent City fans around AG on a Saturday, there was a mob of well known Wolves firm  looking for trouble last Saturday, and that may have inflamed the atmosphere potentially,. Many so called "thugs" will defend there own when this happens. I am not supporting thuggery but as mentioned by several on here, unless you know the full details of the Wolves fans incident, it is not right to cast dispersions on people.

For example, If you see a member of your club/family being attacked what woukd you do? (yes, we are a family at AG, some strong long lasting friendships exist from meeting guys you have known through football circles for years). Infact, I for one have made good friends with people who I only see at football. And if I saw a City fan being attacked by a group of away fans, I would help him out.

Yes, Bristol City do have a nasty element attached to the club, that is a fact. Can't deny that. But most clubs do. It is only the policing that prevents trouble.

In general, the OB police AG pretty well nowadays (and I am told there was a high OB presence at the game v Wolves), so the incident like the Wolves game is fairly rare.

But there were also assaults on City fans by Wolves fans last weekend also, but with no serious injury. Why is that not reported on here?

But giving two Wolves fans a good hiding isn't right neither.

30 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

So you openly condone violence then. You do realise that "scrapping for city" as you so romantically relate to it as, is complete and utter bellendedness of the highest order? The reason why football fans are STILL treated like second class citizens at games? The reason innocent bystanders get injured? The reason there are bubble matches? 

I could go on, but I fear that common-sense and decency might be lost on you. Sadly. 

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

So you openly condone violence then. You do realise that "scrapping for city" as you so romantically relate to it as, is complete and utter bellendedness of the highest order? The reason why football fans are STILL treated like second class citizens at games? The reason innocent bystanders get injured? The reason there are bubble matches? 

I could go on, but I fear that common-sense and decency might be lost on you. Sadly. 

no, I think you've missed my point. I've certainly missed yours. But life goes on :) 

On 4/11/2017 at 14:39, CyderInACan said:

So the police shouldn't use the largest Bristol City forum to appeal for information about a very 2 serious assaults that were allegedly perpetrated by Bristol City fans? Is that really what you're saying? 

I'd suggest that the police would be negligent in not so doing. Have a word with yourself. 

I'd certainly hope that the police have far more sophisticated methods of gathering evidence than logging onto a web forum? but it appears not. 

As an aside - my away days were the 90s with city, and had many a close shave and all that. It was never the police who rescued me. It was never the home fans, either. but at bolton or millwall or swansea, etc., some city would always be around to look after their own. I appreciate that. 

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

Sorry but you are wrong, what is fundamentally wrong is someone stamping on someone else's head - the further we can get people like that from our football club the better and if that is done by telling the police anything you know then for the love of City tell the police.

Some may call it snitching, I call it being a good citizen and helping to find justice for the stamped upon and there family.

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Sorry but you are wrong, what is fundamentally wrong is someone stamping on someone else's head - the further we can get people like that from our football club the better and if that is done by telling the police anything you know then for the love of City tell the police.

Some may call it snitching, I call it being a good citizen and helping to find justice for the stamped upon and there family.

I think from my very first post on the subject I have made it really very clear where I stand on stamping on peoples heads!? - and if you haven't understood that, then I have to question your literacy. Of course, carry on if you must and make the thread suit your narrative... 

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I think from my very first post on the subject I have made it really very clear where I stand on stamping on peoples heads!? - and if you haven't understood that, then I have to question your literacy. Of course, carry on if you must and make the thread suit your narrative... 

You say you have made your point clear yet you repeatedly present opposition to the police using every possible avenue to identify the offenders/get information from witnesses. 

Presumably if this had been done to you or a member of your family you would want the offenders caught no?

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Sorry but you are wrong, what is fundamentally wrong is someone stamping on someone else's head 

Surely by this stage of this thread we've acknowledged Chinese Whispers are bad. Nobody actually saw anyone get stamped on? 

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

You say you have made your point clear yet you repeatedly present opposition to the police using every possible avenue to identify the offenders. 

Presumably if this had been done to you or a member of your family you would want the offenders caught no?

I don't think my family would ever be caught up hanging around a pub in wolverhampton that's notorious for its football 'element'. As an aside, I have no problem with the police. They do a grand and unsung job. What I have a problem with is the police who do football. 

As for other - yes, have had my head stamped on. Didn't report. i guess that makes me a bad citizen :( 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Just to add, some away fans are also intimidating decent City fans around AG on a Saturday, there was a mob of well known Wolves firm  looking for trouble last Saturday, and that may have inflamed the atmosphere potentially,. Many so called "thugs" will defend there own when this happens. I am not supporting thuggery but as mentioned by several on here, unless you know the full details of the Wolves fans incident, it is not right to cast dispersions on people.

For example, If you see a member of your club/family being attacked what woukd you do? (yes, we are a family at AG, some strong long lasting friendships exist from meeting guys you have known through football circles for years). Infact, I for one have made good friends with people who I only see at football. And if I saw a City fan being attacked by a group of away fans, I would help him out.

Yes, Bristol City do have a nasty element attached to the club, that is a fact. Can't deny that. But most clubs do. It is only the policing that prevents trouble.

In general, the OB police AG pretty well nowadays (and I am told there was a high OB presence at the game v Wolves), so the incident like the Wolves game is fairly rare.

But there were also assaults on City fans by Wolves fans last weekend also, but with no serious injury. Why is that not reported on here?

But giving two Wolves fans a good hiding isn't right neither.

So very true. Unfortunate for the wolves fans . But it could of happened to city fans . Not right either way . But plenty of wolves pricks around 

18 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I don't think my family would ever be caught up hanging around a pub in wolverhampton that's notorious for its football 'element'. As an aside, I have no problem with the police. They do a grand and unsung job. What I have a problem with is the police who do football. 

As for other - yes, have had my head stamped on. Didn't report. i guess that makes me a bad citizen :( 

You're sidestepping my question though. If it happened to a member of your family you'd want the perpetrator(s) caught and enough evidence collected to bring them to justice, surely?

Whether it happened at a pub in Wolverhampton or over a pork pie in the reduced section at tesco is irrelevant. It is still a pretty horrible assault by the sounds of things.

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

You're sidestepping my question though. If it happened to a member of your family you'd want the perpetrator(s) caught and enough evidence collected to bring them to justice, surely?

Whether it happened at a pub in Wolverhampton or over a pork pie in the reduced section at tesco is irrelevant. It is still a pretty horrible assault by the sounds of things.

If a member of my family went mob handed to take a pork pie and the Tesco staff fought back then I would say wast expect 

Archived