IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

12 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

But there were also assaults on City fans by Wolves fans last weekend also, but with no serious injury. Why is that not reported on here?

Generally quite a well thought out post mate. Let me address the issue you've raised above;

My guess would be that these assaults would generally go unreported to police. And, if A&S were to release to press every single assault that occurred then the media (& public) would soon become fed up with such releases and would thus render the times when 'we' do really need public help less effective. 

It's pretty difficult to get an independent member of the public to give a statement in relation to something that ordinarily would have little to do with them. It takes a certain type of person, one with a really good moralistic stance. Sadly talk of 'grassing' and 'snitching' on this thread it pretty pathetic really... something I'd more associate with teenagers. It's not difficult to spot the CRO!

Football is unlike any other sport. I can't name another game when you'd get such a large proportion of attendees turning up with the primary objective being to make hand gestures to opposition supporters and 'offer them outside', rather than just watch the game. 

Anyway I digress. I'd just ask all to just have a think before getting involved in any type of violence.  I've seen more people die by one 'unlucky' punch than I care to think about. Such luck ruins lives, and what for...?

Wolves fan in peace here.

I appreciate the variety of views on here, they mirror-image the variety of posts we saw on Molineux Mix when the poor Watford fan got injured at Molineux last season. You feel ashamed, but it isn't you doing it. That incident gained massive press, due to his brain injury, which was actually a result of banging his head on a wall when he fell after being punched.

I think what disturbs people here is the level of savagery once the lads were put down. The one lad I gather, was certainly lucky to not be brain-damaged. I don't have access to precise detail or updates, and like many of you, some may be Chinese whispers. But I think both are now back home.

The picture of the YYA group is I am led to believe irrelevant to this incident, they were not present I am informed when this incident happened, though they themselves are not exactly hard core and run a coach to literally every away game. Perhaps they can be equated to Palace's ultra-type group. But not really hard core trouble-makers. The Police are well on top of things at Molineux and any violence usually involves around twenty kids, yes kids. Two of the group who were charged with the attack on the Watford fan were aged 12 at the time. Scary thought!

A lot of Wolves fans were mingling very happily with City fans around the Spotted Cow before the game, I think everyone more or less got on OK, but I know Bristol can be a dangerous place if you meet the wrong group, no different to anywhere else perhaps? So I am not knocking it. 

From what I can gather, there were Wolves fans walking back that way after the game, perhaps to their parked cars, but again as far as I know they were in a small group, or there were perhaps dribs and drabs of Wolves fans. Did they provoke anything?  Did they say anything? I really don't know. It certainly is not beyond Wolves fans to be mouthy or gobby, I know. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew. Perhaps they were easy targets in reality. Maybe a bit of both. Either way, it is the sheer savagery of the attacks that make this stand out. When someone is down, they are down, but it seems the attacks carried on, and on.

Just like the vast majority of Wolves fans, I know City fans are just ordinary people, who abhor any of these incidents, but who have had to live alongside such behaviour in Bristol and Wolverhampton for many years.

I am sure justice will be done, well I hope so. Very impressed with the Bristol Police's approach to updating your fans too. Light-years ahead of WMP, who hung the Wolves kids out to dry prior to any hearing with their comments after the Watford incident, perhaps deserved but nevertheless prejudicial to any fair trial.

Anyway, its a sad incident. There has been some occasional trouble over the past 30 years between our clubs, but nothing too bad unless you go back to the 70s.

Good luck in staying up, we are not statistically safe yet actually, and I won't count my chickens.

Best wishes and have a good summer. 99% of us (Wolves nor City fans, including so-called lads) wouldn't dream of doing what happened here, lets remember that when we generalise about each other in future.

I'm obviously too old Mr GasD and you're too young to remember a chant which involved crows or in this case a singular Chris Crow!

Eastville was great for the speedway on a Friday night though. The attendances far exceeded the Rovers the following day. 

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Generally quite a well thought out post mate. Let me address the issue you've raised above;

My guess would be that these assaults would generally go unreported to police. And, if A&S were to release to press every single assault that occurred then the media (& public) would soon become fed up with such releases and would thus render the times when 'we' do really need public help less effective. 

It's pretty difficult to get an independent member of the public to give a statement in relation to something that ordinarily would have little to do with them. It takes a certain type of person, one with a really good moralistic stance. Sadly talk of 'grassing' and 'snitching' on this thread it pretty pathetic really... something I'd more associate with teenagers. It's not difficult to spot the CRO!

Football is unlike any other sport. I can't name another game when you'd get such a large proportion of attendees turning up with the primary objective being to make hand gestures to opposition supporters and 'offer them outside', rather than just watch the game. 

Anyway I digress. I'd just ask all to just have a think before getting involved in any type of violence.  I've seen more people die by one 'unlucky' punch than I care to think about. Such luck ruins lives, and what for...?

Good common sense post Fordy...

just one thing what's a Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope (CRO) got to do with it? :) 

cathode%20ray%20oscilloscope.jpg

(ps .. can't think what a CRO (or for that matter what a cathode-ray oscilloscope) is.. :dunno: )

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I'm obviously too old Mr GasD and you're too young to remember a chant which involved crows or in this case a singular Chris Crow!

Eastville was great for the speedway on a Friday night though. The attendances far exceeded the Rovers the following day. 

& 'the dogs' and the Sunday Market.

28 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Good common sense post Fordy...

just one thing what's a Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope (CRO) got to do with it? :) 

cathode%20ray%20oscilloscope.jpg

(ps .. can't think what a CRO (or for that matter what a cathode-ray oscilloscope) is.. :dunno: )

Haha. It stands for 'criminal records office' a number you become that way inclined. 

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:39, richwwtk said:

Or, you could actually try and assist in catching the scum that did this so that they can be convicted.

All you seem to be doing is trying to antagonise the police. If you've got nothing to offer that might help then best stay quiet.

And it also doesn't matter what the Wolves fans were doing, if they were somehow provoking things then they are idiots, but it still doesn't excuse the response they got.

no censorship on OTIB, an asshole and opinion are the same thing - everyone has one

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 13:01, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, frankly.  Judges are not something out of Dickens' novels, they even have computers these days, and I happen to know two magistrates who are entirely ordinary people.

I give you Exhibit A:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/judge-sacked-for-making-abusive-123834/

That sounds like one of our posters.....guess who? 

The uberWUM.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:45, daored said:

I detest football violence, I don't understand why people want to get involved , but that's another argument.

There has been numerous comments on here about the way our fans have been treated. The travel to Cardiff, the many incidents with WMP. Now as a football fan, who travels the country to watch my team , I'm impacted to an extent by this. The comments that fans of our club have done this, with no proof at this time, being stated by the police, and also the local media has an impact on Bristol City fans, who travel away.

Reputation goes before every club, and it's difficult to shake of a negative reputation.

I will add that if the two guys are fans of our club, I hope Bristol City Football Club acts and bans them for life following any punishment imposed by the courts.

I know of a convicted drug dealer who attends matches as a season ticket holder, Should he be banned?

The incident happened around 6pm, on a public pavement on North street, it has nothing to do with the club

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:50, Loon plage said:

I guess the club has total discretion on that point but fairly difficult to prove absolutely that the violence was football related,even though it is likely to be the case.

there was an incident last year at a horse racing track between Cardiff and Swansea supporters (videos on youtube) Were they banned from attending their teams games?

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:09, SuperDziek said:

I'm ITK on this.  The pub in question is called The Rock.  Old Bill closed it down after a few of their lot went undercover and became top boys.  One went native though and was last seen shacked up with someone called Linda.  Not sure what happened to Bob, the landlord, but as Phantom says, he must now be running somewhere else in BS3.  Maybe Trev is involved as well?

And before you ask for my source, it's a lad I work in a factory with, packing jars of pickles into boxes.  I ******* love him.

I love you Gumbo !!

19 minutes ago, Head in the clouds said:

I know of a convicted drug dealer who attends matches as a season ticket holder, Should he be banned?

The incident happened around 6pm, on a public pavement on North street, it has nothing to do with the club

If someone has attacked away fans because they are away fans I think the club should exercise their right to ban them.

If you publicly demonstrate you have a violent short fuse within spitting distance of AG then you shouldn't be welcome. The majority would agree, I'm sure. 

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:29, JulieH said:

I am able to confirm the injuries are as reported on the wolves forum. These are the 2 males that were injured and subsequently 2 Bristol based males arrested and bailed

hence why the road was closed for a number of hours, and crime scene persons present 

unfortunately the initial press release was done by our media team who were not kept fully up to date with the injuries over the weekend, for that I can only apologise. 

the media team attended the same Creative wrighting course as beat officers then !!

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

If someone has attacked away fans because they are away fans I think the club should exercise their right to ban them.

If you publicly demonstrate you have a violent short fuse within spitting distance of AG then you shouldn't be welcome. The majority would agree, I'm sure. 

As an update the club have banned both males who were arrested for this assault from further home games until the matter is resolved. We are awaiting further cctv images to be examined 

they are Bristol city fans and the injured males are wolves fans . 

1 minute ago, JulieH said:

As an update the club have banned both males who were arrested for this assault from further home games until the matter is resolved. We are awaiting further cctv images to be examined 

Any update on the injuries, not heard anything since so hoping this is better news?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Any update on the injuries, not heard anything since so hoping this is better news?

I understand the male with the badly broken leg has been released after an operation and is recovering at home, in a fair bit of pain but hopefully full recovery.

the male with the head injury had been readmiited to hospital with some complications but is now home and recovering slowly.

6 minutes ago, JulieH said:

So what's happened to being innocent until proven guilty?

Just now, harrys said:

A fair point. But it's normal protocol these days in so many situations. 

You're accused of something at work, you are suspended etc.

Guilt or otherwise is not being handed down yet.  

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Get the sentiment of the statement completely, but I suppose the club aren't bound by these rules.

You'd like to think that if the arrested were found not guilty and they were season ticket holders the club would be looking to refund them for the missed games.

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:30, Chris_Brown said:

You're sidestepping my question though. If it happened to a member of your family you'd want the perpetrator(s) caught and enough evidence collected to bring them to justice, surely?

Whether it happened at a pub in Wolverhampton or over a pork pie in the reduced section at tesco is irrelevant. It is still a pretty horrible assault by the sounds of things.

10 pages in and no eye witness accounts, just hear say.

Get the bandwagon out, I'm ready to jump on !!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get the sentiment of the statement completely, but I suppose the club aren't bound by these rules.

You'd like to think that if the arrested were found not guilty and they were season ticket holders the club would be looking to refund them for the missed games.

no refund, I got nicked at Liverpool for jumping around on a seat after Tinman scored and the club laughed at me when I asked for a refund on the remaining games, Was not charged with an offence, sat in a cell for 10 minutes before they released me but still banned for the rest of the season by the club

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

It is normal protocol for the club to do this for this type of incident.

Normal protocol? Well that's alright then, good old British justice showing its hand again, if found guilty fair enough but as of yet they are guilty of nothing 

22 minutes ago, harrys said:

Normal protocol? Well that's alright then, good old British justice showing its hand again, if found guilty fair enough but as of yet they are guilty of nothing 

It's not like the police have said the lads have got to be banned.

From my possition the lads are currently under investigation for what sounds like a serious incident and the club's position on it is to ban anyone under investigation for a serious incident that may be related to football.

They haven't been found guilty yet and as such they are not being treated differently by the state but any privately held entity can do what it wants (within the law) within any agreed contract or agree not get into a contract - in this instance the club are either not getting into a contract to allow the lads to watch a game of football or unless they have already paid and in which case part of that probably says the club withhold the right to withdraw tickets for any reason they deem necessary.

The club doesn't owe them a right to watch football.

Archived