IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Lanterne Rouge

I think most if us had him down as MOTM.

What a breath of fresh air.

Today was a funny day in that I didn't look at the team sheet and groan, and the inclusion of Jamie P was one of the positive things Johnson did to help us bounce back.

Just now, gloucester robin said:

I thought Patterson had a great game but also thought that Taylor had a good game as well

We were saying round us that Tammy has so much more space with Taylor on the pitch. Wolves`s back four couldn`t cope with MT, Jamie, Josh B and at times, Joe B & Korey buzzing around all over the place

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Paterson today was everything we come to expect from Lee Tomlin. Definitely earned a start for Friday and tbh didn't deserve to sit as long as he did. He wasn't perfect early in the season but it's taken too long to come back in the side. 

I think he's been unlucky not to get more time on the pitch...

i was really pleased to see him on the team sheet today as he is all action and makes thing happen and wondered why he has not featured more this season and sometimes not even on the bench surely he is someone who if not playing should be able to come on and change a game.

Funny one today. Had a pub crawl and didn't look at the team until 5 minutes in.Never surprised now so just accepted it. But although I thought we should play this sort of team away, it worked well. JP's goal was , as a Bristolian , lush ! I thought he and Brownhill did ok, not sure Korey was up to speed , and Wolves wren't great but have to give the payers credit.

5 minutes ago, gloucester robin said:

I thought Patterson had a great game but also thought that Taylor had a good game as well

Noticeable too that after MT went off, Danny Batth started to man mark Tammy and he barely had a kick after that. It changed a bit when COD came on and I think he would have scored if their defender hadn`t clotheslined him which the ref missed.

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

I think he's been unlucky not to get more time on the pitch...

To be evenhanded there's been many posts in the past expressing understanding why Forest let him go .

He evidently is young and lacks consistency but when on form he is unplayable.

Well done for today and keep up the good work .

Just now, Major Isewater said:

To be evenhanded there's been many posts in the past expressing understanding why Forest let him go .

He evidently is young and lacks consistency but when on form he is unplayable.

Well done for today and keep up the good work .

Inconsistent yes. But great on his day...

Just needs more minutes on the pitch to get that consistency.

59 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Great to hear he played well today...heard Taylor played well from many does anyone think Taylor can cut it at this level?

Yes i do, he kept there backline occupied with his movement alone and makes loads more space for tammy to do his thing. I hope djuric is back soon as i have a feeling they could have quite a partnership with enough game time together.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Great to hear he played well today...heard Taylor played well from many does anyone think Taylor can cut it at this level?

I think so, yes. He`s still a bit raw and needs to sharpen up his first touch - you can get away with that in league 1 but not at this level - but with the right coaching (I know, I know), I believe he can make it.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think most if us had him down as MOTM.

What a breath of fresh air.

Today was a funny day in that I didn't look at the team sheet and groan, and the inclusion of Jamie P was one of the positive things Johnson did to help us bounce back.

:laugh: I went with Pack as MOM but all of front 3 good. Taylor worked hard to create space

I don't do reports on home games as most will have seen it, but glad this thread is here and must add to it. What a stunning performance. Should have been MoM and for me the best performance in a City shirt by any player this season. Simply brilliant. I actually think we might not have got anything from the match without him on the pitch, his running and ability changed the game single-handedly, from the word go he was doing things NO City player has done all season and that is get the ball in midfield and go at defenders, and do it with confidence and control, putting defenders on the back foot and allowing City to push up. Not just that, but in the second half in particular he chased every cause, including their forward balls, broke up play, he was just a very controlled source of positive energy that ran at everything and with the ball was classy. An absolute revelation and a 10/10 performance for sure.

39 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Thought Taylor wasn't great. In fact, thought he was below average. Funny how we all see it. 

Well played Paterson though. Breath of fresh air in the first half at least. 

Me too.

Baffled by the Taylor love in (though winning 3-1 probably helps), has a dodgy first touch, stopped a couple of time to turn round and moan to team mates, I still didn't see anything that made me think he is any better than Agard.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

Baffled by the Taylor love in (though winning 3-1 probably helps), has a dodgy first touch, stopped a couple of time to turn round and moan to team mates, I still didn't see anything that made me think he is any better than Agard.

I wouldnt go so far as a love in, but I saw enough from a player who has so far had a bit part upfront in his first season in the championship, good movement and workrate which occupied there back line, we know he can finish, needs more games to show what he's about imo.

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

Taylor was a publicity stunt. Not a championship player as long as I have a hole in my arse. 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I don't do reports on home games as most will have seen it, but glad this thread is here and must add to it. What a stunning performance. Should have been MoM and for me the best performance in a City shirt by any player this season. Simply brilliant. I actually think we might not have got anything from the match without him on the pitch, his running and ability changed the game single-handedly, from the word go he was doing things NO City player has done all season and that is get the ball in midfield and go at defenders, and do it with confidence and control, putting defenders on the back foot and allowing City to push up. Not just that, but in the second half in particular he chased every cause, including their forward balls, broke up play, he was just a very controlled source of positive energy that ran at everything and with the ball was classy. An absolute revelation and a 10/10 performance for sure.

This, all day long. He must of beat a man 50 times today and was always driving us forward. Gave wolves something to think about and you could see wolves players start to recognise his threat and be drawn to him. Creating space for others. Long may it continue 

15 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Taylor was a publicity stunt. Not a championship player as long as I have a hole in my arse. 

Thought he looked totally out of his depth today. We paid about the same for him as we got for Luke Freeman who,imho, is in a different class to MT as a footballer. Poor business I feel.

Archived