IGNORED

Two more wins should do it

Major Isewater

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Two more wins for us would mean that  Blackburn need to win four of their last five to overtake us . 

We can do this .

We could be safe by Monday week .:fingerscrossed:

1 more win and not lose Vs Blackburn, should be enough now. 

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Two more wins for us would mean that  Blackburn need to win four of their last five to overtake us . 

We can do this .

Could even get away with just one.... If it's the Blackburn game! That'd put us 7 points above them with 9 other points available to play for...

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

Could even get away with just one.... If it's the Blackburn game! That'd put us 7 points above them with 9 other points available to play for...

You're presuming we win our next. What if we lose and they win next weekend. Pretty sure we'd still be 4 points clear with 9 to play IF we beat them.. and one of those games is Brighton away.

Still some work to do yet 

Just now, Tomarse said:

You're presuming we win our next. What if we lose and they win next weekend. Pretty sure we'd still be 4 points clear with 9 to play IF we beat them.. and one of those games is Brighton away.

Still some work to do yet 

Or match what they do Friday...

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We can do this .

Winning the next match at home v QPR will be key and pile pressure on Blackburn.

I honestly think five points now will do the job..if we can't achieve that with the remaining five fixtures then we deserve our fate.

We will stay up now with no issue, Blackburn have been terrible for most of the season and our home form is very strong.

We could collect maximum points from QPR, Barnsley and Birmingham.  And I'd expect at least a point back from Ewood Park.

God, things always look so much better after a decent win.

Just now, reddogkev said:

We will stay up now with no issue, Blackburn have been terrible for most of the season and our home form is very strong.

We could collect maximum points from QPR, Barnsley and Birmingham.  And I'd expect at least a point back from Ewood Park.

You seem to have come down with a nasty case of over optimism, starts in the heart and can bite you in the bum. Cured by a visit to Preston .

I'm optimistic now but by Jove old fruit , I'll have some of what you're on. 

I'm not sure why everyone / anyone is so optimistic - we have managed 12 shots on target in 270 minutes of football, one win against a very poor Woves outfit, who clearly had little to play for, doesn't give me any hope we have turned a corner and can expect to beat QPR / Blackburn or Barnsley. We were an excellent Frank Fielding save away from going one down and probably losing yesterday.

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bl***y true. Even the missus looks half decent :whistle:

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

I'm not sure why everyone / anyone is so optimistic - we have managed 12 shots on target in 270 minutes of football, one win against a very poor Woves outfit, who clearly had little to play for, doesn't give me any hope we have turned a corner and can expect to beat QPR / Blackburn or Barnsley. We were an excellent Frank Fielding save away from going one down and probably losing yesterday.

A very poor Wolves side that just won 5 games in a row?

Who peed on your fireworks!?! ;)

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

City 4 - 0 Huddersfield

City 3 - 1 Wolves

These are the reasons I'm optimistic.  Preston was a strange, surreal, embarrassing blip.  But look at Reading yesterday, these things can happen.

Blackburn are dreadful.  We are not actually that bad a football team.

And the point about FF is a strange one, he is our keeper, so he is there to make those excellent saves for us.  That's his job.

Do you think Wolves would have beaten any team in this division if they played like that yesterday?

Chatting to the Wolves fans afterwards, they agreed - said they have been so much better recently (didn't see that performance coming) and couldn't understand it except to say best player was missing.

Yep a win Friday and draw gainst Blackburn and it feels like job done. However knowing City it'll never be straightforward, before today I was pretty much accepting relegation after the last 2 performances, now I'm thinking we could be safe by Easter Monday. Funny old game I do question my sanity sometimes following City, it is meant to be for enjoyment, when Wolves got one back today it certainly wasn't enjoyable. I thought here we go again. 

City 4 - 0 Huddersfield

City 3 - 1 Wolves

These are the reasons I'm optimistic.  Preston was a strange, surreal, embarrassing blip.  But look at Reading yesterday, these things can happen.

Blackburn are dreadful.  We are not actually that bad a football team.

And the point about FF is a strange one, he is our keeper, so he is there to make those excellent saves for us.  That's his job.

It was a brilliant save but you have to say you expect the striker to score - I'm more interested in how the chance was created, it was the usual dithering city midfield and out of position defence.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You seem to have come down with a nasty case of over optimism, starts in the heart and can bite you in the bum. Cured by a visit to Preston .

I'm optimistic now but by Jove old fruit , I'll have some of what you're on. 

I'll bottle it and send it over to you ... thank God we don't have to go to Preston again this season.  And even if Brighton beat us 6-0, we'll still be alright!

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Inclined to agree. 

I've said for weeks that the run of games from Wolves h to Barnsley h will determine our fate. 

We have three very winnable home games left. 

I think if we win on Friday survival is pretty much a done deal.

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Just as well we have games against poor QPR , Blackburn and Brum sides to feed any optimism then :cool:

Seriously , the win has lifted spirits a little and if we drew all 5 games we could survive. We all know anyone could still have good or bad runs and any one of 4 or 5 teams could join Rovrum and Wigan (allowing for a miracle ) , but with every point dropped by Blackburn the job gets more achievable .

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hopefully the players arent as complacent as some fans! 

Can we not just enjoy a good win for a while? Complacent? I'd rather call it positivity....

Right. Enough now.... Johnson out!!!!

That's better

:whistle:

32 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Getting a bit carried away ain't you. Great result yesterday but for large parts of it we couldn't string two passes together . We are nowhere near safe yet. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

With this side I'll be happier when we roll out a similar committed performance next time out 

Have a feeling we will thankfully - whatever the reason - stung by Weds backlash ? The players look as if they've decided to switch on again thankfully

Stung by Weds backlash and Uncle Steve being in town I reckon. 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Getting a bit carried away ain't you. Great result yesterday but for large parts of it we couldn't string two passes together . We are nowhere near safe yet. 

Disagree, we are quite close to safety - a 4 point cushion and better goal difference over a woeful opponent is close to it.

I do like to get a bit carried away every once in a while.

Disagree, we are quite close to safety - a 4 point cushion and better goal difference over a woeful opponent is close to it.

Nice one Kev, it is how a Bristol City supporter should feel, cos that is how it is following the Robins, I felt it in the the 60's 70's 80's 90's 00's and even now. Its a sunny sunday and we won yesterday.....................enjoy

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Anyone who's watched football for any length of time avoids rash statements such as

We all know how quickly things can change

Plenty of work still to do

I see Danny Graham came off bench yesterday and injured after six mins - all helps our cause and Reading their Forum most think they're stuffed

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The way this season is going we could well lose Friday and Blackburn win. This is the championship the most unpredictable league going. I'm normally optimistic when it comes to city but Johnson has ruined that this season. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We can do this .

Blackburn game absolutely massive in that context. 

Archived