IGNORED

Good Friday ideal result scenario

22A

OK, still infused with yesterday's euphoria, let's look ahead to Friday's games and ideal results.

Obviously a City win which would give us 47 points.

Forest (45 points) v Blackburn an away win or at worst a draw there please.

Rotherham v Brum (46 points) - a Rotherham win or again at worst a draw as Brum have a far worse goal diff than City.

Burton (45 points) v Ipswich (47 points). I'd prefer a draw as (provided City win) Burton will be below us and Ipswich only one above us by one point.

Dreamer - maybe, but mid table obscurity is still achievable which, given City's position just a few weeks ago, will be satisfactory.

One other ideal set of results for Friday; Somerset Rebels speedway play Poole H&A, so a league double will be the icing on the cake if the above results occur. The match at Poole starts at 11.00am and the home match at Oakhill at 7.30pm.

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, still infused with yesterday's euphoria, let's look ahead to Friday's games and ideal results.

Rotherham v Brum (46 points) - a Rotherham win or again at worst a draw as Brum have a far worse goal diff than City.

Burton (45 points) v Ipswich (47 points). I'd prefer a draw as (provided City win) Burton will be below us and Ipswich only one above us by one point.

Dreamer - maybe, but mid table obscurity is still achievable which, given City's position just a few weeks ago, will be satisfactory.

One other ideal set of results for Friday; Somerset Rebels speedway play Poole H&A, so a league double will be the icing on the cake if the above results occur. The match at Poole starts at 11.00am and the home match at Oakhill at 7.30pm.

We only need worry about Blackburn and us . Therefore a Blackburn loss and à City win leaves them needing promotion form to overtake us , Not impossible but improbable. 

See my thread of today .

Just now, Major Isewater said:

We only need worry about Blackburn and us . Therefore a Blackburn loss and à City win leaves them needing promotion form to overtake us , Not impossible but improbable. 

See my thread of today .

totally Major. The Blackburn game is absolutely key. We have 4 more points then them atm (it'd just as well be 5 with Goal Difference). Blackburn will be a nervy affair and has got "do not lose" plastered all over it. The pressure from the crowd at Ewood Park may make them crack....they need to win. We don't. All we need to do is match their results and we'll be safe

Our destiny is still in our hands.

A win against QPR on Good Friday and a away win at Blackburn which we are capable of could see us safe.

What worries me is just how unpredictable with been all season.  I didn't think we would get anything out of yesterday game against an inform Wolves.

Now heading into the QPR I like others have renewed confidence but every time we have expected City to deliver they have come up well short.

29 minutes ago, Tiree said:

We could be safe in  8 days time but this game is Ifs and Buts. Imagine the hundred moaners on here if that happens and they have nothing to write about! MAybe they will complain SL hasnt kept the grass the right height and Lj has too many short players in the 14 players than won yesterday.

Even Corbun's press secretary couldnt win with the majority of readers on this Forum. At least the 99% of fans at AG yesterday loved it and will continue to suppor tthe team rather than solely knock it.

65% of our record number of ST holders have already renewed for next season. Get in and knock that if you can!!

Here she goes again 

A very very valuable 3 points yesterday and coupled with a bad reverse for Blackburn an open door to survival - excellent

Sensible people might still wonder why the season has been a car crash and whether it was a bizarre freak or something a bit more so we don't suffer a repeat all season

And you think a %65 renewal if season tickets is a roaring triumph do you ? 

'Get in and knock that '.

deary me  :laughcont:

Just now, cidered abroad said:

We certainly do not want Blackburn to win at Forest. A win for us v. QPR and a Forest win would put us SEVEN points above Blackburn. That could be enough to ensure our safety.

Your quite right, If we go could into Monday game with a seven point lead over Blackburn and then beat them , the lead would be 10 points and Championships football next season... easy said than done.

26 minutes ago, 22A said:

Why the hell would you want Blackburn to win against forest ? We need to make the gap between us bigger then go there Monday knowing a point would be as good as a win . Great result yesterday but it was far from a great performance , don't count your chickens against QPR  . That vile piece of shit Holloway will have them right up for it. 

29 minutes ago, Tiree said:

We could be safe in  8 days time but this game is Ifs and Buts. Imagine the hundred moaners on here if that happens and they have nothing to write about! MAybe they will complain SL hasnt kept the grass the right height and Lj has too many short players in the 14 players than won yesterday.

Even Corbun's press secretary couldnt win with the majority of readers on this Forum. At least the 99% of fans at AG yesterday loved it and will continue to suppor tthe team rather than solely knock it.

65% of our record number of ST holders have already renewed for next season. Get in and knock that if you can!!

Up the progress  :city:

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Why the hell would you want Blackburn to win against forest ? We need to make the gap between us bigger then go there Monday knowing a point would be as good as a win . Great result yesterday but it was far from a great performance , don't count your chickens against QPR  . That vile piece of shit Holloway will have them right up for it. 

Not if we welcome the lovely Mr Holloway with our usual round of applause , bouquets and love . 

He wants us to do well as one day he may manage us in the Prem.

His side have only pride to play for .Scotty should leave flip flops and beach towels in the visitor's dressing room to help get them in the mood .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not if we welcome the lovely Mr Holloway with our usual round of applause , bouquets and love . 

His side have only pride to play for .Scotty should leave flip flops and beach towels in the visitor's dressing room to help get them in the mood .

Luckily major he hasn't got to walk from the old tunnel where him being welcomed was ******* embarrassing , I'd rather have a sniper waiting for him :laughcont:

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I think a Burton loss would be more ideal in not worried where we finish so long as we stay up now. Shame that Rotherham are so unlikely to get anything from Birmingham as well.

Been a while since I got to see some speedway. Last time I went was 2014 at Eastborune. Somerset moved up to top division this year which will be interesting! 

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Don't forget the one way tickets to Weston Super Mare (no planned engineering works - I've checked) ......that way we could guarantee they definately wouldn't turn up!

COYRs....

While finishing mid-table would be nice, at the moment we need to ensure survival. I am writing of Wigan as I don't think there's a hope in hell that they'll catch us and so our easiest route to survival is for Blackburn to lose all their remaining games. 

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We beat QPR and Blackburn lose and it's pretty much game over. With our goal difference Blackburn would need a minimum of 8 pts (2 wins 2 draws) from their remaining 5 games which looks highly improbable.

They like us would only have four games left 

Archived