IGNORED

McCoulsky

Port Said Red

16 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Was on-loan at Margate and described in local media as "Midfielder Joe Morrell, who has hardly featured since signing on loan from Bristol City, is the latest player to leave Margate". Unless he had injury troubles, that would appear concerning - they're fighting relegation in National League South.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/sport/gate-players-must-prove-worth-123180/

I think things went to his head when some premier league clubs were interested in him, and he's not kicked on since.  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/041212-joemorrellsigns-523267.aspx

Great to see McCoulsky doing so well for Bath and the academy. Obviously coming into the first team will still be a big step up but he can only continue to do as he's been doing. A very smart signing by the club from Dulwich Hamlet. Not sure who would get credit for it (Tinman? Des Taylor?) but it's exactly the sort of gamble we should be looking to make from the lower-leagues.

Speaking of McCoulsky and the academy set-up, anyone know how Dowling has been getting on this season?

44 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think things went to his head when some premier league clubs were interested in him, and he's not kicked on since.  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/041212-joemorrellsigns-523267.aspx

He's just not that good, plain and simple. Very lightweight. Can't tackle and can't head, not exactly good omens for a CM.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Was on-loan at Margate and described in local media as "Midfielder Joe Morrell, who has hardly featured since signing on loan from Bristol City, is the latest player to leave Margate". Unless he had injury troubles, that would appear concerning - they're fighting relegation in National League South.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/sport/gate-players-must-prove-worth-123180/

Apologies for my ignorance in that case. The goings on in the academy are not my strong point! 

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Perfect scenario , we win 2 games over Easter and he gets a couple of run outs before the end of the season. 

Perfect scenario, everyone above us is found to be involved in a match fixing scandal and are deducted points, launching us up the table!

:thumbsup:

Can someone tell me if he might be eligible to play for us in a league game this season?  If we are safe by Birmingham, would be nice for him to get a chance at a league debut against them and at Ashton Gate, especially after the progress he's made this year.

Hope he kicks on this summer and continues to progress.

Don't think anyone has posted about it yet, but McCoulsky has been recalled and will hopefully get some minutes in the last two games. The lad deserves it and hopefully he can have a good impact at some point over the next two games.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Don't think anyone has posted about it yet, but McCoulsky has been recalled and will hopefully get some minutes in the last two games. The lad deserves it and hopefully he can have a good impact at some point over the next two games.

Debut hattrick v Bham on the cards then!

Just now, JonDolman said:

I hope he doesn't get a run out for the sake of it against Birmingham which weakens us and gives them an advantage. Be good to see him play but really want to win that one even if we are safe. 

I think he's earned it, to be fair. Maybe not a start due to the form of Taylor and Abraham but I would be happy to see the lad get some minutes and hopefully not weaken us as I'm sure he'll be delighted to be playing and eager to show what he can do. After watching his interview the other week, he seems very grounded and a nice chap. I get what you're saying, especially with our recent form but if we aren't going to play him for some minutes now, when will we ever?

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I hope he doesn't get a run out for the sake of it against Birmingham which weakens us and gives them an advantage. Be good to see him play but really want to win that one even if we are safe. 

Are there rules about playing your strongest team? Blackburn would not be happy if we go with a lot of changed.

One blast from the past. John Akinde.

Banging em in for Barnet, signed for City, hardly scored a goal for us and now back at Barnet he's banging  em again.

McCoulsky could do the same and fail to cope against better teams with better defenders. A bit risk.....

I'd like to see him but you can't sit Tammy his last game at the gate. It would be harsh to sit Matty who needs a goal. Maybe him and Djuric on the bench to come on later. Maybe a bench option for Brighton as well. He's earned a spot on the bench at least. Approaching a 35 goal season and put his potential for city aside, he can do no more to get a chance. If this is truly what City want to do, bring academy kids through, then he needs an appearance one of the last two. 

5 hours ago, cynic said:

Seems like he's going to get some game time.

I would think, providing a few things have been settled by kick off time next week, that he'll get 10 minutes against Brighton and maybe a bit more against Birmingham. From the little I've seen and been told by some who have watched him, he needs to add a bit more physicality to his game - especially at this level. But he is obviously a good finisher and could turn out to be a gem.

This reminds of what I heard at the start of the season about a certain someone. Look how far he's come with one season. Even half of Tammy's tally and I'd be very happy

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'd like to see him but you can't sit Tammy his last game at the gate. It would be harsh to sit Matty who needs a goal. Maybe him and Djuric on the bench to come on later. Maybe a bench option for Brighton as well. He's earned a spot on the bench at least. Approaching a 35 goal season and put his potential for city aside, he can do no more to get a chance. If this is truly what City want to do, bring academy kids through, then he needs an appearance one of the last two. 

Does he qualify as an academy kid , seeing as we bought him in from Dulwich Hamlet ? 

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Are there rules about playing your strongest team? Blackburn would not be happy if we go with a lot of changed.

There might be but then that's Blackburn problem, not ours.

What's the point in a squad if you can't use your players. And if LJ thinks our strongest side contains McCoulsky then who are the FA to argue?

Archived