IGNORED

It's Our club Mr Lansdown

Elruliri

I think I would like to see the words "paradigm" and "shift" in the thread

Mr Lansdown would not like to see them in his club.

Ashton Gate is the home of Bristol Sport.

I would like to see these Hipsters with their providing  environments for like-minded businesses people to look at ideas for those who did not want all of Ashton Gate turning into the David Lloyd centre and make Ashton Gate feel more like our home, even though it is not.

The status quo is that Mr Lansdown is Bristol City.

Bristol City fans were significant stakeholders in the football club, they are the biggest emotional stakeholders in BCFC and so should be represented on the board of the FC.

Review the role of Bristol Sport. Disassociate the football, club with Bristol Sports branding. Bristol Sport It does have to be visible and omnipotent. It could easily be called Bristol City Sport. Change the Bristol Sport inspired corporate feel of the stadium.

Introduce fans bars into the stadium.

Widen the reach of the academy - community trust by running coaching/development centres in the North, East, South, West of the City and regionally in Towns. Enter Bristol City junior teams into things like the JPL league. Review the diminished player pathway and how it can be used to make Bristol City the club of choice for parents v the competition occupying the space left by BCFC/Bristol Sport.

Review how the Community trust is engaging with its community with Bristol biggest junior football clubs  Lessen the for profit motive being introduced into a charity by Bristol Sport. 

Run open days (fans day!), open training sessions, football tournaments like the recent at Whitchurch but inspired by Bristol City and led by Bristol City.

And a off the wall one introduce player contracts where players have a commitment to x of hours per week dedicated to coaching, visiting schools, working with the community trust ..    

17 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Bristol City fans were significant stakeholders in the football club, they are the biggest emotional stakeholders in BCFC and so should be represented on the board of the FC.

Review the role of Bristol Sport. Disassociate the football, club with Bristol Sports branding. Bristol Sport It does have to be visible and omnipotent. It could easily be called Bristol City Sport. Change the Bristol Sport inspired corporate feel of the stadium.

Widen the reach of the academy - community trust by running coaching/development centres in the North, East, South and regionally in Towns. Enter Bristol City junior teams into things like the JPL league. Review the diminished player pathway and how it can be used to make Bristol City the club of choice for parents v the competition occupying the space left by BCFC/Bristol Sport.

Review how the Community trust is engaging with its community with Bristol biggest junior football clubs  Lessen the for profit motive being introduced into a charity by Bristol Sport. 

Run open days, open training sessions, football tournaments like the recent at Whitchurch but inspired by Bristol City  and led by Bristol City.

And a off the wall one introduce player contracts where players have a commitment to x of hours per week dedicated to coaching, visiting schools, working with the community trust ..    

Tbf North Somerset and Bridgwater (BCFC), both development centres for Bristol City, are in the JPL. The Academy itself cannot enter that league and would not benefit anyway.

Agree with your comments on the Bristol Sport bullshit though.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Tbf North Somerset and Bridgwater (BCFC), both development centres for Bristol City, are in the JPL. The Academy itself cannot enter that league and would not benefit anyway.

Agree with your comments on the Bristol Sport bullshit though.

Yes North Somerset (I know the person who runs it) and Bridgwater (BCFC) are in the JPL but not at each level. There is a girls team ... Bristol boys? You cannot run teams from development centres you do not have. 

And yes academy cannot run league teams but having more development centres, many more feeds players into the academy. Community Trust - Development centres - Academy a easily achievable pathway.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Agree.  But don't hold your breath. We are no different to most clubs in this respect. And City have never had a fan-elected director under any owner.

I don't ever get the hang-up on this one. Bristol Sport is so named because it encompasses different sport teams in Bristol. The name of our team hasn't changed. I don't know what "corporate feel" you mean. To me it just feels up-to-date rather than the shambolic 50s relic it was before.  We have to acknowledge that Bristol Rugby play there as well.

As someone who doesn't drink at the stadium,  you'll have to explain how a fan bar varies from te bars we have.

Widen the reach of the academy - community trust by running coaching/development centres in the North, East, South, West of the City and regionally in Towns. Enter Bristol City junior teams into things like the JPL league. Review the diminished player pathway and how it can be used to make Bristol City the club of choice for parents v the competition occupying the space left by BCFC/Bristol Sport.

Agree.

I think it does a few things outreach that are not immediately visible. A City-linked coach does football after-school club at my daughters' primary school - 25 miles from Bristol. 

Run open days (fans day!), open training sessions, football tournaments like the recent at Whitchurch but inspired by Bristol City and led by Bristol City.

Nice idea.

Again good idea.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bristol Sport can offer services to its partners without affecting their identity. In other models all share one identity, its one sporting club and the service provider is subservient to the football club. Bristol Sport have no need to advertise themselves at all. Bristol Sport has no history, no heritage, while the football club is a strong identity with a history of its own to market. Their branding is that of a corporate chain. david lloyd comparisons are apt. 

I think it does a few things outreach that are not immediately visible ... Yes and these are increasingly being linked to schools being partners of the Community Trust via buying quite often very expensive partnerships. This appears to be being pushed by Bristol Sport not the Community trust since Amy Kington left.  Buy more to get more is a odd place for a community serving charity to position itself in. Meanwhile more affordable activities have been scaled back. 

Given the position of the FC it would not be hard for the FC to run a festival of football in Greville Smythe park for its community that was very visible. Football coaching schools/development centres are visible. The potential is huge.

The bar facilities reflect Bristol Sport and not much else. The facilities for what they are blandly unimaginative and anodyne to being offensive, if that makes sense. Reflect the club and its fans. Not hard to do fans have that soul BS do not.

4 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Yes North Somerset (I know the person who runs it) and Bridgwater (BCFC) are in the JPL but not at each level. There is a girls team ... Bristol boys? You cannot run teams from development centres you do not have. 

And yes academy cannot run league teams but having more development centres, many more feeds players into the academy. Community Trust - Development centres - Academy a easily achievable pathway.

True, the club could easily branch out into Bath, South Glos etc. The North Somerset development centre does play at every age group in the JPL but whilst partnering with BCFC also sends lads to Cheltenham, Gas and Swindon, probably more than they send to us but presumably that is based on ability rather than City missing them. Agree with the sentiment that BCFC could do better.

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

True, the club could easily branch out into Bath, South Glos etc. The North Somerset development centre does play at every age group in the JPL but whilst partnering with BCFC also sends lads to Cheltenham, Gas and Swindon, probably more than they send to us but presumably that is based on ability rather than City missing them. Agree with the sentiment that BCFC could do better.

Which explains my confusion. North Somerset development centre like South Gloucestershire (training in Keynsham) and Bristol Inner City are independent of BCFC. They are not ran by Bristol City and their talented kids can go anywhere. This also applies to FD1 and Micheal Meaker although the latter do have a defined link to BCFC.

The above will mean talented players are missed. The above means kids can join Southamptons development in Bath/Keynsham because Bristol City don't offer that opportunity. This pathway has a large gap in it between grass roots football and the academy, a gap clearly filled by others including competing pro clubs. Aside from this its a failing of #makingbristolproud and the clubs supposed pillars that they are not providing better community coaching opportunities for Bristol and the surrounding areas kids. 

9 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

what would you do better??? couple of wins and the antis shut up.

Still want him gone if he wins every game until the end. 

In the meantime, well done for the improvement LJ. Well done the players. 

What would you prefer to hear? 

26 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

@BobBobSuperBob otib often is a sea of anti SL and Bristol Sport stirring it up. several pages on this thread of the same then my  what would you do? the lack of answers is the irony.

@CotswoldRed is it just all about the winning then? I suspect the lack of ideas shows it is.

Absolutely not. I've consistently stated that I don't see enough in LJ to make it long term. 

The plunge down the table simply expedites the need to make a change. 

It is if course welcome that he will probably deliver (for him) relative success by staying up.

That's not success enough though. He has failed.  

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

I really don't think these type of posts do anyone any good, whether it is the 'pro Lansdown' or otherwise. I find these kind of posts are the equivalent of baiting the opposition fans when you go one up after 5 minutes, they have a tendency to come back and bite you on the arse. 

Their only consequence is to start the rehashing of the same arguments.

@Port Said Redyes the spike in anti posts have dropped since some wins but my post was not about baiting. posters like Nick J are a cut above because they post with intelligence and knowledge. Steve Lansdown pays for it all owns it all and that is the way it is. but while he has all the money fans do have the soul and a few ideas???

2 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

@Port Said Redyes the spike in anti posts have dropped since some wins but my post was not about baiting. posters like Nick J are a cut above because they post with intelligence and knowledge. Steve Lansdown pays for it all owns it all and that is the way it is. but while he has all the money fans do have the soul and a few ideas???

I do understand what you are trying to say, perhaps the language used seemed a bit confrontational though? 

I agree with you that it is hard to fathom what alternative is being put forward in many of the arguments, other than a return to some mystical past where the fans ran everything or the board only made populist decisions to placate them. I feel that there are some who would only be happy if they were still running up and down the terraces, pissing up against a piece of wall at the back of the stands, "like the good old days" . But I don't believe that's the case with KITR or NickJ as you say, but i don't think I am really clear on what their alternative looks like.

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

We do not have enough information - as SL says, we do not know what goes on inside the club - or experience of running clubs and so are not in a position to put forward very much in the way of constructive ideas with any certainty. Or authority.

But we know enough from things like the games we see, the results, the league table, the record over a longer period of time, what we know loosely about our budget relative to our competitors, what other clubs achieve or otherwise, to get an inkling that things are not quite right, and that we could be doing better. And then we all speculate wildly about why things are not as they could be - as we see it - and never know for sure if we are hot or cold with this. 

We also have the things SL/ his head coach/his Chief Exec/other luminaries periodically say and measure results and league position/direction of first team against that.

That's ok, isn't it?

All part of the fun and pretty harmless because "no-one at the club gives two-hoots what people on here say/think" and "only a miniscule proportion of City fans are on Otib, so opinion on here is not representative of wider opinion" right? 

On 4/14/2017 at 08:02, Cowshed said:

This season we've struggled to get the players honouring the commitment to 90 minutes of decent effort per week on the pitch.

On 11/04/2017 at 16:39, Loon plage said:

Indeed.

No mystery that Lansdown was Rovers, he has been quite open about it in the past, and only apparently changed allegiance when they moved to Twerton.

Not a hanging offence, but I feel he is a little more dispassionate than most of the fanbase, and sees the football club as simply a constituent part of a sporting group that will now most likely provide his legacy via the rugby club.

Its all about opinions, but I can't consider him a "genuine" fan, and he almost certainly doesn't give a stuff what any fan thinks one way or the other. Its his club(s) operating out of his stadium after all.

Surely choosing city over rovers is a sign of huge intelligence and foresight??

On 12/04/2017 at 15:18, SARJ said:

Fair pay you win, multiple people from all over Bristol , City and Gas, all wrong because you haven't seen it.

I'm going to sue to sue The Sun because they said they had nudes of Jennifer Lawrence, but I haven't seen them, ergo they don't exist.

I can't say I've seen the photo in the school, but I trust the people who told me it's there. I have seen the alleged photo in question both on this forum a few years back and on countless phones of both City and Gasheads, but again, nah, must be forged.

Ahh, the 'just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist argument'. The same one used for the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, Santa, the big man in the sky....

I believe I've seen a pic of SL in gas kit but it was so obviously photoshopped it was easy to dismiss. Come on, be brave, show us your evidence or are you a little embarrassed for being taken for a sucker by your gas friends?

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 12:01, Port Said Red said:

I do understand what you are trying to say, perhaps the language used seemed a bit confrontational though? 

I agree with you that it is hard to fathom what alternative is being put forward in many of the arguments, other than a return to some mystical past where the fans ran everything or the board only made populist decisions to placate them. I feel that there are some who would only be happy if they were still running up and down the terraces, pissing up against a piece of wall at the back of the stands, "like the good old days" . But I don't believe that's the case with KITR or NickJ as you say, but i don't think I am really clear on what their alternative looks like.

With an acceptance that Mr Lansdown is BCFC there can still be an alternative that looks wholly different.

Fans can be involved in decision making, the peripheral aspects of football. Fans could decide how the club is marketed e.g Pride of the West or #makingbristolproud or something entirely different. 

Fans can be thoroughly involved in deciding what the décor of areas of the stadium are v Bristol Sport deciding what they think it should be and comically banning words on flags they do not understand. 

Fans can be thoroughly involved in deciding what Bristol City wear on the pitch - That is easy to do because in theory that decision is being outsourced to our own service!

One of the five pillars is Community. As an individual who works for a charity and coaches for one with a mind to create wider sporting opportunities for children, I can sincerely say that Bristol City FC/Bristol City Community Trust/Bristol Sport do not have a wide prescience in their own community. Fine things are done, fine people work for in particular the Community Trust but Steve Lansdown's Bristol City's own pillar is barely visible in its own grass roots of South Bristol. An opinion in local kids football is that the Community Trust have gone backwards since Amy Kington left. Review with at the very least junior clubs how that pillar is functioning.

Above are little things, that will not destabilise the status quo.

Archived