IGNORED

It means this!

freezer

Quite an emotional watch, that. Good work, whoever edited it and nice to know sense has prevailed and the Embrace track allowed to play, as it was removed from this video at one time due to copyright issues.

Can't believe it's 10 years ago. I remember sending the link to this video to a West Brom fan mate of mine at the time and even he was quite choked watching it.

Almost brought a tear to my eye that video. My favourite promotion season for some reason.

By God we didn't half go through some players with Johnson Sr (much like Jr) forgot the likes of Andy Smith, Myrie-Williams, Betsy etc. Then there was McCammon, Andrew on loan. Savage etc. Then our favourite monster in Showunmi, Brooker making the odd appearance when not injured also.

I was a big fan of Alex Russell and David Noble. Murray down the right wing. 

Does seem a different club nowsomewhat. Football really is in a different era now.

I saw something recently, can't remember who it was but a manager was saying he sat his non performing player down and showed him a video of all his goals, he said it was all about 'feeling' them and he wanted him to get that feeling back again.

I think the players may have had something similar shown to them before Saturday's game, well it worked! 

16 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I always tell people that despite how good 2014-15 was this was, that promotion was the one that meant the most to me. 

Great video. Totally agree. That was a special special season and time. Players had a real connection with the fans it felt. The Doncaster game alone was just amazing. Maybe it's the rose tinted glasses coming on but it really feels that the club and football as a whole has really changed over the last 10 years and generally not for the better.  Lucky to have been able to witness it. 

I remember I went to virtually every game home and away that year. The football wasnt great but the sense of togetherness was something special. GJ would regularly come over and chat with our travelling fans before an away game.

I think it meant so much to us because whereas in 97-98 and 14-15 we hadnt spent too much time in league 1, in this case we'd waited 8 long years. The feeling of finally getting there was immense.

Remember it well. 8 long years and Mission Accomplished.

Both promotions were fantastic, for different reasons but the fact we had floundered for so long in that League below- and then moved onto near misses- well when it was finally done that made it sweeter in some ways. 14-15 was a cakewalk with fantastic football. 06-07 was a slog, good football yes but was a slog, we were pushed right to the wire and we had to beat Rotherham to nail it. To the last day though!

Was a funny year that year as well, look at League table. Scunthorpe winning it, Yeovil in the playoffs, Oldham likewise, Blackpool winning those playoffs.

What an amazing team and year of life. 

The 3-3 with Coventry. Coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Boro. Was only 12/13 at the time and I think I had about 3 hours sleep before the Boro game because I was that excited.

It feels like we were 1-0/2-0 down at home in every home game but always came back to win!

The noise after Noble's second goal against Rotherham in the 25 degree heat. Amazing times.

Echoing what someone said further up, regardless of how good Cotts' season was, this season will always be top of the list for me.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Great video. Totally agree. That was a special special season and time. Players had a real connection with the fans it felt. The Doncaster game alone was just amazing. Maybe it's the rose tinted glasses coming on but it really feels that the club and football as a whole has really changed over the last 10 years and generally not for the better.  Lucky to have been able to witness it. 

Completely agree with your sentiments...and Doncaster away was one of the better occasions!

The much maligned, by some, GJ got promotion on a shoestring and created the closest bond between team and fans I have experienced since the incomparable Terry Cooper. Danny Wilson spent a fortune by comparison and failed* but seems to be universally popular. Funny old game:shifty:

*though not according to him of course.

Plus I miss Bradley Orr. So there.:yes:

Just now, freezer said:

You're all welcome. Truly special days.

Relegation hurts a whole lot too so we have to stay up.

Still stirs me in a way that I can't quite describe.

Up The City

Me and son number 1, still talk about the best days at the footie. Palace away in the play offs, if Carlsberg made finishes at a game..........

Archived