IGNORED

Signed City Greats Book

BS15_RED

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

My mate is selling a signed first edition of Ivan Ponting's Bristol City Greats, here's the link if anyone's interested http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/112365059009?_mwBanner=1

I have just inherited a unsigned Ivan Ponting , Richard Jones forward by Alfie Biggs  Bristol Rovers Greats When we all stop laughing, can you start to name them. Obviously I will not take part as I don't think they had any.

3 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I have just inherited a unsigned Ivan Ponting , Richard Jones forward by Alfie Biggs  Bristol Rovers Greats When we all stop laughing, can you start to name them. Obviously I will not take part as I don't think they had any.

The obvious one is Geoff Bradford.

I'll give another who I met, had coaching from him and cried like a baby when he was killed in a traffic collision a week before a local derby at Eastville. The great man, Harry Bamford.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

The obvious one is Geoff Bradford.

I'll give another who I met, gad coaching from him and cried like a baby when was killed in a traffic collision a week before a local derby at Eastville. The great man, Harry Bamford.

quite spooky Harry page14 Geoff  Page 28 .

for any gas fans reading free to a bad home + postage unless I am near on match days

Geoff Bradford played from 1950 tp approx 1963 and was very good friends with John Atyeo. The only non City player invited to the opening of the Atyeo stand.

Harry Bamford died in 1957.

But how recent is it? Would it include Warboys & Bannister for instance or Penrice, Martyn etc. or does it stop before then.

Geoff Bradford played from 1950 tp approx 1963 and was very good friends with John Atyeo. The only non City player invited to the opening of the Atyeo stand.

Before I started watching but watched rovers(with friends) and city(with my dad, gas) till they quit Bristol

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

But how recent is it? Would it include Warboys & Bannister for instance or Penrice, Martyn etc. or does it stop before then.

it has Skeletor in it

Bruce page 18

Alan page 132

Nigel page 78

Gary page 86

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Ian Alexander? Vaughan Jones? Devon White? Pulis?

Ian page 14

Vaughan page 66

Devon page 140

Tiny does not seem to be in it

will have to spend a bit of time laughing until I can post again  sorry

Just now, reddoh said:

Ian page 14

Vaughan page 66

Devon page 140

Tiny does not seem to be in it

will have to spend a bit of time laughing until I can post again  sorry

I`m racking my brains to come up with a g*s player who is least deserving of the label `legend` BUT is in the book just to see how deep the barrel they had to scrape was.

What about Brian Parkin? He`s never in there is he?

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I`m racking my brains to come up with a g*s player who is least deserving of the label `legend` BUT is in the book just to see how deep the barrel they had to scrape was.

What about Brian Parkin? He`s never in there is he?

Page 82

please can some gashead say they want it

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Jesus! Most of these aren`t even legends in their own house!

Gary Smart?

if its this "Gary James Smart (born 29 April 1964) is an English former professional footballer who played for Wokingham Town and Oxford United.

Having started out as a PE teacher, he played in the Wokingham team that reached the 1987–88 FA Trophy semi final, before signing for Oxford United in July 1988.[2]

He remained with Oxford United until 1994, making a total of 204 appearances in all competitions, without scoring once. He then dropped down into non-league football. He went to play with Stevenage Borough, Chertsey Town, Chesham United, Hayes, Slough Town, Aldershot Town and Oxford City".

sounds familiar.

else no he did not make the book

10 hours ago, reddoh said:

if its this "Gary James Smart (born 29 April 1964) is an English former professional footballer who played for Wokingham Town and Oxford United.

Having started out as a PE teacher, he played in the Wokingham team that reached the 1987–88 FA Trophy semi final, before signing for Oxford United in July 1988.[2]

He remained with Oxford United until 1994, making a total of 204 appearances in all competitions, without scoring once. He then dropped down into non-league football. He went to play with Stevenage Borough, Chertsey Town, Chesham United, Hayes, Slough Town, Aldershot Town and Oxford City".

sounds familiar.

Gary Smart. Unfortunately, scored the first goal I ever saw at Ashton Gate. 1st Jan 1987. How we never won that game, I'll never know.

16 hours ago, reddoh said:

sounds familiar.

Who was the `Smart` they had then? Scored the winner at AG with a thirty yard screamer at the EE after we battered them for 89 minutes. Would have been early 80s I reckon.

18 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Just slightly wrong, Harry Bamford died on Halloween, 1958.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Who was the `Smart` they had then? Scored the winner at AG with a thirty yard screamer at the EE after we battered them for 89 minutes. Would have been early 80s I reckon.

I think post 21 answers your question but the only opposition goal I remember is Freddy Sears :-)

Archived