IGNORED

Matt Taylor

Bristol Rob

Thought he deserved his own thread following the euphoria of Saturday.

My God.  He was absolute dogs eggs.

We played countless minutes with 10 men. He did nothing, offered nothing and achieved nothing.

Unless I missed something; in which case please let me know, I might have missed it.

I'm not sure if it's funnier if he plays well or plays poorly? Either way, he's a fringe player so it's not overally important, which must really wind the sags up :clapping:

Their star player, wow, says a lot.. take note LJ 

3 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

I'm not sure if it's funnier if he plays well or plays poorly? Either way, he's a fringe player so it's not overally important, which must really wind the sags up :clapping:

Their star player, wow, says a lot.. take note LJ 

He certainly hasn't shown championship quality.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I thought he did OK to be honest. His runs created a lot of space for Tammy certainly.

Can we find someone who can create space for his strike partner with his "runs" and create something - a shot? A pass? - with the ball at his feet? Like other Championship forwards.

Underwhelmed, myself. So far.

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

Can we find someone who can create space for his strike partner with his "runs" and create something - a shot? A pass? - with the ball at his feet? Like other Championship forwards.

Underwhelmed, myself. So far.

I agree mate, he`s no Sam Baldock but at least he gives us another option rather than just lumping it up to Tammy/Wilbs

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thought he deserved his own thread following the euphoria of Saturday.

My God.  He was absolute dogs eggs.

We played countless minutes with 10 men. He did nothing, offered nothing and achieved nothing.

Unless I missed something; in which case please let me know, I might have missed it.

He won the ball back for our third whilst everyone else had accepted wolves had it back. When he went off we withdrew 30 feet back and invited the pressure, although that might be our head coaches tactical genius at work 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree mate, he`s no Sam Baldock but at least he gives us another option rather than just lumping it up to Tammy/Wilbs

Yes, we should be able to move the ball from back to front and keep it up there for longer by passing it on the deck than by knocking it long to Tammy. Need more from Taylor though than yesterday, when he had the ball under control and facing the right way. Perhaps coming into all this turmoil has been hard for him. Maybe I am being too harsh, but we need "end product" now, starting Friday!

Interesting that a couple have said he chases down defenders; I thought this was one thing he didn't do much at all (and seem to remember g5s types on here saying he's a bit lazy, doesn't do that side of things). And I thought there were a few growls/grumbles around me yesterday when he was stood daydreaming very near a defender in possession.

Maybe I saw what I saw because dastardly g5s sorts planted the "lazy" idea in my mind? Swines.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Didn't he set up Patersons goal ? 

I don't think you "set up" a goal outside the box, Major? Surely, you "set" someone up by "putting it on a plate"? ie, a sitter (like the ones Taylor, er, misses?)

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Interesting that a couple have said he chases down defenders; I thought this was one thing he didn't do much at all (and seem to remember g5s types on here saying he's a bit lazy, doesn't do that side of things). And I thought there were a few growls/grumbles around me yesterday when he was stood daydreaming very near a defender in possession.

Maybe I saw what I saw because dastardly g5s sorts planted the "lazy" idea in my mind? Swines.

Our third goal.

They look a better side with two up front at home and Taylor looks like someone trying just that bit too hard to impress. But, he's the kind of player who misses three  chances to every one he scores. The trouble is he's been left on the bench in too many games. Of course he's unproven at this level, but his past record suggests that given enough pitch time he will score. And correct me if I'm wrong but he got a standing ovation from a significant number of fans on Saturday.  We know Tammy is a great scorer but he misses a fair few too. Nature of the beast. Anyway, I'd rather have him up front than Korey Smith.

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I need to go back and check the highlights/goals!

And to give the boy Taylor his credit, he had a "hand" in 2 of the 3 goals. Fair do. Neat feet for the first, gives it to Paterson, and nicked the ball off a dithering Wolf to feed Korey for the third. Not as underwhelmed as I was 20 mins ago. Still not sure though.

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Glad this is causing some debate.

Thought he did ok , has a football brain , track record says knows where the net is , he as only been getting bits and pieces of game time lately ( like so many others ) under the messiah , and will improve.

On the other hand you could always shit stir

Archived