IGNORED

Question for the mods.

Tully Bascomb

11 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

A term I picked up from an interesting article last week in the Times.  About how students are stifling debate at university by banning speakers who are controversial.  They also have safe spaces.... safe spaces FFS, my Grandparents were fighting in wars at their ages!   They seem to be basically defeating the whole idea of university developing debating skills and creating an opposing argument to counter others opinions.

I disagree :whistle:

12 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

A term I picked up from an interesting article last week in the Times.  About how students are stifling debate at university by banning speakers who are controversial.  They also have safe spaces.... safe spaces FFS, my Grandparents were fighting in wars at their ages!   They seem to be basically defeating the whole idea of university developing debating skills and creating an opposing argument to counter others opinions.

Image result for safe space meme

What d'ya call a three testickled Bulgarian?

Whodyaknickabollockoff.

Old and best.

re: the "safe space" stuff, I get it seems soft but for long term self-harmers, eating disorders, suicide survivors etc (for which this society has churned out an awful lot!), even though I've never formally heard of a "safe space", a trusting ring of people/community and support networks prove critical for recovery.  

Thank goodness we are not in 1947 when collective trauma was undergone by the nation but nobody expressed anything emotional.  Function. Function. Function. 

5 hours ago, RedM said:

You do realise we are all unpaid volunteers who have lives, work and families that take our time away from here don't you?

Can't say I realised this. I thought you were all sad geeks who sat in a dark room drinking Perrier water, eating cucumbers and dreaming of David Moyes in his Speedo's

I've always though you can tell those who went to uni and those that didn't. 

The vast majority of uni grads enjoy a debate, know how to put their point across and can accept a difference of opinion without getting  offended, taking it personally and falling out.

Little to do with intelligence, just a result of living with others in shared accommodation and the like, and having to stand on your own feet nice and early. 

Of course, I'm generalising.  

If university allows debate to be stifled its bad for society. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I've always though you can tell those who went to uni and those that didn't. 

The vast majority of uni grads enjoy a debate, know how to put their point across and can accept a difference of opinion without getting  offended, taking it personally and falling out.

Of course, I'm generalising.  

If university allows debate to be stifled its bad for society. 

Viva Monkman !!!

49 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Can't say I realised this. I thought you were all sad geeks who sat in a dark room drinking Perrier water, eating cucumbers and dreaming of David Moyes in his Speedo's

No, that's only me. 

56 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I think there is a view from some that I'm sat in front of my office PC all day reading every post and banning everyone. In the last month I've been to Scotland 3 times, moved house, trained at 13 different client sites and done around 4'000 miles in my company car. I've read about 2% of the posts this month.. probably less than 10% all year.   The report button is key on here..

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think there is a view from some that I'm sat in front of my office PC all day reading every post and banning everyone. In the last month I've been to Scotland 3 times, moved house, trained at 13 different client sites and done around 4'000 miles in my company car. I've read about 2% of the posts this month.. probably less than 10% all year.  

How lazy is that ?  Really we need someone who cares :disapointed2se:  Tomarse OUT !!!!

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Careful he could give you a slap!

6 hours ago, RedM said:

You do realise we are all unpaid volunteers who have lives, work and families that take our time away from here don't you? As the other mods have said you can always use the report button to alert us to anything we don't see. We do have a swear filter which does remove most stuff which might not be suitable for younger eyes or people who don't wish to read such stuff.

But it seems you are complaining about the *****? My personal advice would be to develop a backbone, it's going to be a tough life for you if you are offended by a few asterisks

Perfect. Post of the week!

16 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

What do you actually do, it's seems over the last week there's hardly been one thread without someone telling someone else to **** off. I know tempers have been running hot but is there really any need to reduce every thead down to this level. People need to play nice and get back to well thought out exchanges of option.

Grow a pair of bollox ffs.

And to make it all better just look at the cute kittens.

BDA59EC2-D727-40D1-A03F-701B062BCDFA-1036-000000A6D3C6D6D6.jpeg

Archived