IGNORED

Just thought I'd leave this here...

Superjack

"Once a 'project' is commited to the principle of silencing the 'noise' of the moaning fans, it only has one way to go, and that is League One, er, sorry, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures until it becomes a source of terror to all its supporters and creates a club where everyone lives in dread of the sugar-daddy who spends more money than the rest of us writing off the eye-watering losses buggering off and leaving us in the dubious hands of some anonymous, untrustworthy overseas oligarch who might put a better team on the pitch but might instead be a Venky or a Charlton or a (select your preferred uncaring overseas majority owner here) looking to take more than give. You want to take that chance?"

15 hours ago, Stortz said:

Jesus wept.

There's nothing like a sense of perspective is there.

Do you think that Lansdown will be dragging us all off to the Gulag any minute OP?

Hysterical nonsense of the highest order I'm afraid, even by the standard of this place in the last few weeks.

A day in the life of Ivan Denisovic!

17 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

What I heard earlier on a TV program "if we knew voting made a difference, why would we offer the public a vote" - basically insinuating that the option to vote is a false sense of freedom.

Kinda like Brexit right now, so many MP's and people are trying to block it from happening, but the public VOTED to leave, so I really dont understand why so may MP's are trying to block it.... not a democracy they think they are living in then is it, shame on those MP's.

Why should Brexit be any different from other things MPs have voted on without public support? 

No one voted to privatise utilities or the railways, but it still happened. No one voted for the Iraq War - ditto. 

37% of the adult population voted for Brexit and 34% voted against it. It won a majority in the referendum, but there's no reason why the process shouldn't be open to parliamentary scrutiny in the way other decisions are. After all, it's hardly a piffling matter: decisions taken now will effect this country for potentially decades to come - in particular they will effect the lives of young people,  who largely voted against Brexit.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm assuming the OP Is about to tell us about the dastardly plan Lansdown has to merge City with Rovers. 

Either that, or how the moon landings were faked...:whistle:

23 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Comments about left wing politics should be on the politics and current affairs section of the forum!

Left wing? Harry S Truman? Who was the first to use nuclear weapons? I think not. Any ex-President of a country that regards the NHS as close to Communism can hardly be described as left wing.

There is no meaningful left in US politics. Unless you regard dear old Bernie Sanders as a dangerous Trot.;)

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Left wing? Harry S Truman? Who was the first to use nuclear weapons? I think not. Any ex-President of a country that regards the NHS as close to Communism can hardly be described as left wing.

There is no meaningful left in US politics. Unless you regard dear old Bernie Sanders as a dangerous Trot.;)

I dont think the caption is H S T talking about his own politics but "something else"!  My addition was just a tiny bit of cheek!

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Did you know that the difference between a dictator and a democracy is honesty , sadly the dictator is the honest one. Both are screwing you.

Steady Reddoh - you will have the lefty hoardes that inhabit this forum chasing after you and calling you rude names.  You should put your tin hat on!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

I dont think the caption is H S T talking about his own politics but "something else"!  My addition was just a tiny bit of cheek!

Fair enough! I think what he said applies to authoritarian governments of left or right mind you. They amount to the same thing, they just use different excuses.

Way over the top for the OP to suggest SL is some tyrant suppressing free speech though.:shutup:

Just now, chinapig said:

Fair enough! I think what he said applies to authoritarian governments of left or right mind you. They amount to the same thing, they just use different excuses.

Way over the top for the OP to suggest SL is some tyrant suppressing free speech though.:shutup:

I agree - but for the sake of the debate, we have to endure this stuff!

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

Steady Reddoh - you will have the lefty hoardes that inhabit this forum chasing after you and calling you rude names.  You should put your tin hat on!

I have never given a flying f what people think of me , I am very comfortable in my skin if only I could lose some weight

Just now, reddoh said:

I have never given a flying f what people think of me , I am very comfortable in my skin if only I could lose some weight

Now don't you DARE get onto the subject of losing weight!!!  I think that City have our best interests at heart by stopping sales of the orgasmic chicken, leek and ham pies - but it really is cruel love if that is the case!

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

Can you please tell me where I get the orgasmic pies, too quote Meg Ryan "Yes Yes Yes Yes"

The whole bloody point is that they have stopped selling them - unless they come back next season I shall not renew my season ticket again - no way. If they want my cash they will have to rework their whole catering effort!  On this, as in all things, my word is final!!

Archived