IGNORED

Not bad numbers considering the distance.

ColeCiderRed

Something I've just seen on Twitter. Not bad at all, when you consider we have to cover some distance in comparison to the so called 'bigger'clubs.

Not that I obsess about away figures like our blue few friends, thought I'd share it with you if you're interested. (apologies of it's been posted before)

IMG_20170411_192752.jpg

IMG_20170411_192806.jpg

Very impressed with those figures considering the dross that has been served up home and away this season, I think if we were around the top 6 you could add at least another 500 to those numbers, I tend to pick away games these days more for the day out than anything else but if we were pushing for promotion I would certainly be making an effort to make many more away games.

12 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Always helps when most of their games are about half an hour away

That's not true though is it? Half an hour to Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Bristol City, Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Ipswich, Wigan, Blackburn, PNE, Reading, Burton, Norwich, Wolverhampton, Brum, Villa, Derby, Forest??????!!!!

Bet you haven't got a geography qualification at any level have you??! 

All of those are hours away.....

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

What I don't understand and correct me if I'm wrong but Sheff Weds shortest trip is 8 miles so who is that against as no Yorkshire team has a trip that is only 8 miles the other way

Strange one that!.  Perhaps the road from Rotherham to Hillsborough is 3 miles longer than the other way around :blink:

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

An average of 1556 away fans is poor? We had a local game at Cardiff but didn't take 6k...

Read what I said. They had one of the lowest averages until they played Blackburn which boosted it a lot.

1) Cardiff is 50 miles, not 10 miles.

2) Cardiff never have, and never will allocate us more than 2k....

Didn't Huddersfield have cheap season tickets this year? That and their league position probably helped fans to travel. I think QPR is one of the most expensive season tickets, so probably not a lot spare for away matches?

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

What I don't understand and correct me if I'm wrong but Sheff Weds shortest trip is 8 miles so who is that against as no Yorkshire team has a trip that is only 8 miles the other way

I'm guessing they made a boob there and measured Barnsley-Rotherham as the shortest. Even though it's apparently 12 miles from Rotherham to Barnsley, but only 11 miles going the other way! Plus, if I were a betting man I'd say it's less distance from Oakwell to Hillsborough than Oakwell to the New York Stadium. Similarly, it seems to be a mile further to go from Newcastle to Brighton than from Brighton to Newcastle. I'm not sure the person who made that table put a great deal of thought into it...

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Read what I said. They had one of the lowest averages until they played Blackburn which boosted it a lot.

1) Cardiff is 50 miles, not 10 miles.

2) Cardiff never have, and never will allocate us more than 2k....

Cardiff is just over 40 miles, leave the rounding up to the gas.

Without the Blackburn game, PNE's average would have been 1,322 - so not one of the lowest...

Oh, and we took more than 2k to Cardiff last time we played there...

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/city-reach-full-cardiff-allocation-3355629.aspx

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nottingham.That's not true though is it? Half an hour to Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Bristol City, Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Ipswich, Wigan, Blackburn, PNE, Reading, Burton, Norwich, Wolverhampton, Brum, Villa, Derby, Forest??????!!!!

Bet you haven't got a geography qualification at any level have you??! 

All of those are hours away.....

You might want to get the map out. Wigan, Blackburn and Preston can be done in an hour. Nottingham, Burton, Derby and Wolverhampton are less than 2 hours.

They do have some long trips, but the truth is they aren't badly placed in the league and their quite well placed in terms of other grounds.

I do have a geography qualification by the way!

11 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

You might want to get the map out. Wigan, Blackburn and Preston can be done in an hour. Nottingham, Burton, Derby and Wolverhampton are less than 2 hours.

They do have some long trips, but the truth is they aren't badly placed in the league and their quite well placed in terms of other grounds.

I do have a geography qualification by the way!

Well Rotherham to Wigan is one hour 38 minutes according to the route planning sites, Barnsley to Blackburn is one hour 30 minutes, Huddersfield to Wolverhampton is two hours 20 minutes....but such detail doesn't really matter, the claim by the other poster was that the Yorkshire club's can get to 'most of their away games in half an hour' - I just pointed out that was incorrect with examples of their away fixtures.

And Leeds' average away trip is only 35 miles less than ours....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well Rotherham to Wigan is one hour 38 minutes according to the route planning sites, Barnsley to Blackburn is one hour 30 minutes, Huddersfield to Wolverhampton is two hours 20 minutes....but such detail doesn't really matter, the claim by the other poster was that the Yorkshire club's can get to 'most of their away games in half an hour' - I just pointed out that was incorrect with examples of their away fixtures.

And Leeds' average away trip is only 35 miles less than ours....

With Leeds claiming to be the Man U of the championship with their shouts of 'You're only here for the Leeds' whenever they visit. I wonder how many set off from Leeds to away games?

I'm London based now so make the London games and Even Reading is easier from where I am. Although home games always feel like an away game for me. The travel and the excitement is still there even when you get that feeling we are going to get smashed. 

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Wernt allowed to take 6 k were we though.. no reason we wouldnt have if allocated it.

No I know, my point was that PNE sold out an allocation of over 6k for a local game. We don't always sell out our allocations at Cardiff - in 2010/11 we only took just over 600 and even in the glorious charge to the championship play off final we only took 1,700.... so I'm not sure we would take 6,000 if we were allocated it...

Archived