IGNORED

Not bad numbers considering the distance.

ColeCiderRed

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And we only took just over 600 there in 2010/2011 season...

How many "normal" fans skip Cardiff away now because of the level of violence at this fixture over the years, and then the bubbles and so on? I know of some. Cardiff was one of the most inhospitable away days in the country until quite recently, and not made any more enjoyable by our own "element"; I think many "normal" fans - the type who would make up a lot of PNE's 6k at Blackburn - have been put off a fixture they might otherwise be very interested in attending, seeing as it's only 40 miles away. Would I take my kids to this fixture? Nah. And also, the Blackburn/Preston game wasn't on Sky, I don't think, wasn't a Friday evening, and didn't involve the extra cost of a bridge fee!

How many give Molineux a miss for similar reasons? 

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No I know, my point was that PNE sold out an allocation of over 6k for a local game. We don't always sell out our allocations at Cardiff - in 2010/11 we only took just over 600 and even in the glorious charge to the championship play off final we only took 1,700.... so I'm not sure we would take 6,000 if we were allocated it...

And yet we take 4k to Fulham last season in a relegation fight. There must be a reason.

3 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I'm guessing they made a boob there and measured Barnsley-Rotherham as the shortest. Even though it's apparently 12 miles from Rotherham to Barnsley, but only 11 miles going the other way! Plus, if I were a betting man I'd say it's less distance from Oakwell to Hillsborough than Oakwell to the New York Stadium. Similarly, it seems to be a mile further to go from Newcastle to Brighton than from Brighton to Newcastle. I'm not sure the person who made that table put a great deal of thought into it...

It's littered with mistakes, it's say Huddersfields closest game is 16 miles when Oakwell is only 12 miles from the John Smiths Stadium, 

our away support is fantastic once again, 

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It's littered with mistakes, it's say Huddersfields closest game is 16 miles when Oakwell is only 12 miles from the John Smiths Stadium, 

our away support is fantastic once again, 

Yeah pretty good after a promotion and great start but then equalled out by a couple of bad runs.

Another close journey for you with blades up next year, never had much love for the sheffield fans.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah pretty good after a promotion and great start but then equalled out by a couple of bad runs.

Another close journey for you with blades up next year, never had much love for the sheffield fans.

We've lost Rotherham and replaced them with Shitfield United, also getting Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Bolton, and  hopefully Scunthorpe, & Hull, will be pretty decent for us. 

Just now, Rascal said:

We've lost Rotherham and replaced them with Shitfield United, also getting Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Bolton, and  hopefully Scunthorpe, & Hull, will be pretty decent for us. 

But not so good for some!!

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Bloody hell that makes for even worse travelling for us, although a weekend away at Newcastle on the cards again.

The best we could hope for would be Millwall and that says it all.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bloody hell that makes for even worse travelling for us, although a weekend away on Newcastle on the cards again.

The best we could hope for would be Millwall and that says it all.

And Swansea, although Millwall is pretty decent for us too, Doncaster to Kings Cross is only a hour and three quarters on the train. 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

And yet we take 4k to Fulham last season in a relegation fight. There must be a reason.

Well as you said in your other post, the Ninian Park experience was pretty horrendous back in the day - I went there five times in the bad old days, and we won every one! For some reason that riled the home fans somewhat and we always had a 'welcoming committee' waiting outside with a disninterested police contingent just looking disinterested with wry grins on their faces...

So that must have put off a lot of people who have passed that reluctance onto future generations....it's a lot better in their new stadium, haven't had any real problems outside the ground on trips there...but there is still that underlying sense of menace, and it does put people off...

15 hours ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Something I've just seen on Twitter. Not bad at all, when you consider we have to cover some distance in comparison to the so called 'bigger'clubs.

Not that I obsess about away figures like our blue few friends, thought I'd share it with you if you're interested. (apologies of it's been posted before)

IMG_20170411_192752.jpg

IMG_20170411_192806.jpg

Newcastle and Naarich fans have to rack up the miles and they are doing very well .

A big hand to the Red Army . You make us proud .

Sing up me babbers .

:clapping:

One of those phrases that starts my Half Man Half Biscuit bells ringing......

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

One way system....

smooth and commendable
Go by bus – they’re highly dependable
The swings in the park for the kids have won awards
The clean streets acknowledged in the Lords
But what’s a park if you can’t see a linnet?
A timetable if your journey’s infinite?
My bag’s packed and I’m leaving in a minute
For what is Chatteris without you in it?

:)

For What is Chatteris - HMHB 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cardiff is just over 40 miles, leave the rounding up to the gas.

Without the Blackburn game, PNE's average would have been 1,322 - so not one of the lowest...

Oh, and we took more than 2k to Cardiff last time we played there...

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/city-reach-full-cardiff-allocation-3355629.aspx

Crikey talk about a pedantic post. Centre to centre is by road is 45 miles according to google. So I rounded up. 2000/2100 it doesn't really matter does it? It's not anywhere near 7000.

And my mistake, it was Wigan away and Blackburn away in the space of a few weeks which boosted it. Wigan being 10 minutes on the train from Preston and another club that give around a 5k allocation.

I see your point in other posts about "would we take 6k to Cardiff anyway", no we probably wouldn't. If it however was 10-20 minutes away, and there was little bad blood between the clubs (like PNE, Blackburn, Wigan) then yes we would without question. As you say the history of the fixture probably puts people off and let's not forget it's often a bubble match. We take 3.5k to Reading every season ffs.

Archived