IGNORED

Juve v Barca

Super

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

We are watching two of the worlds top four IMO. Italian footy in general is slowly finding its feet again!

Only really Juve that are any good? Both Milan clubs are pretty poor these days.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Only really Juve that are any good? Both Milan clubs are pretty poor these days.

I follow AC quite closely and the standard's not great, but i'd say it's definitely picking up again. Definitely worth watching if you have BT Sport. AC's takeover is due to go through by the end of this month.

The standard of the league is pretty crap, aside from your Juve/Inter/Milan/Roma/Napoli bulk, similar to Spain. Lazio have had a really good season too.

Still think it'll take time for players to want to go back there - arguably Zlatan is the last superstar in their prime to transfer there for a long long time. Deulofeu is probably AC's best player and he was pretty average at Everton, and Balotelli was head and shoulders above any of AC's squad last year too.

This Juventus could be the best team in the world at the moment. They don't have the attack of Barca or Real Madrid but they have much better defense plus Higuain and Dybala aren't bad options up front. Add in their midfield and they are about as complete a team I've seen this season. They won't lose 3-0 lead so Barca need a goal at least or they're done

38 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

This Juventus could be the best team in the world at the moment. They don't have the attack of Barca or Real Madrid but they have much better defense plus Higuain and Dybala aren't bad options up front. Add in their midfield and they are about as complete a team I've seen this season. They won't lose 3-0 lead so Barca need a goal at least or they're done

The back 4 inclusive Buffon have , for years been both magnificent and wholly underrated . Defenders have never received the credit they are due . These 4 Chiellini, Barzhagli , Bonucci and Buffon are total class and continue a magnificent history of defenders which mostly , UK media and punters totally underrate .

The commentary tonight as per usual was heavily biased to Barcelona and patronising to Juve . Sounded a great game . 

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

I follow AC quite closely and the standard's not great, but i'd say it's definitely picking up again. Definitely worth watching if you have BT Sport. AC's takeover is due to go through by the end of this month.

The standard of the league is pretty crap, aside from your Juve/Inter/Milan/Roma/Napoli bulk, similar to Spain. Lazio have had a really good season too.

Still think it'll take time for players to want to go back there - arguably Zlatan is the last superstar in their prime to transfer there for a long long time. Deulofeu is probably AC's best player and he was pretty average at Everton, and Balotelli was head and shoulders above any of AC's squad last year too.

What about Donnarumma?

12 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Think we should consider signing that Dybala fellow

Absolutely.

A season out on loan to a league 2 side should see him ready for first team action.

Definitely one for the future.

That was an excellent match. Juve in fact have a great squad- the best depth in the world beneath Bayern and Real Madrid IMO. Definitely amopng the top 4 sides in the world. They seem to play within themselves quite a bit though, both domestically and at times in Europe too. 1-0 home win professional job v Porto last round a case in point. 

Serie A...better than people think. Tactically speaking the best pound for pound imo, that's not to say technically or pace or commercially or many other areas but it's always pound for pound been best tactically since I remember.

As for the League itself...Napoli are a pretty good side and if they keep their squad together will only get better, Roma since they went 3 at the back and more of an emphasis on counter attacking play look good and likely to play well in Europe, Inter are rebuilding and have a stacked midfield and good attack- the defence is their big weakness and I am sure they will rectify it next. AC Milan are putting an emphasis on youth with inconsistencies but definitely improving, Fiorentina are a solid Europa side, Torino are not bad, Lazio are improving on a strong run- can all put up a good show on their day. Oh and Atalanta have one of the best youth academies in Europe at the mo- keep it together and they could push onto a decent Europa League side and maybe a bit more.

No doubt Serie A has major problems though- the grounds need improving vastly, the fanbases need to be built up again, dare I say it they need to copy a lot of what we did in the 90s- but for all that it's on the right road absolutely.

PS, a lot of my prognosis depends on said clubs keeping their squads together and their managers in place- whether the cash is there in most cases is a different matter!

11 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

The only problem with Italian football is very few if any of the top forwards want to play there

Its so much harder to look good against Italian teams than it does against English or Spanish teams

100% correct.  I suspect Zlatan agrees too..

On 4/11/2017 at 15:40, petehinton said:

https://www.ft.com/content/656dfd32-61f1-3d95-a26e-43ef231eb9d0

Takeover confirmed.

Archived