IGNORED

Freeman

Charlie BCFC

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I'd hope he gets a good reception, did nothing wrong here just was unfortunate to find himself being managed by LJ

He was shite for 2 seasons for us. 

I for one was not and am still not bothered one bit he's gone.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Freeman didn't refuse to play, Johnson refused to play him until he signed a contract. And publicly said it.

The term 'hanging someone out to dry' comes to mind.

Or his head wasn't in the right frame of mind as he had made his mind up he wanted to leave? Think I remember simular being said at the time.

Certainly won't be getting a clap from me. 

I'm sure Holloway will receive the usual hero's welcome home applause also.

40 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Or his head wasn't in the right frame of mind as he had made his mind up he wanted to leave? Think I remember simular being said at the time.

Won't be getting a clap. A player who was our best player in the best season we've ever had. I really don't blame him for wanting to go, if I was him if have done the exact same. Seems to have worked well for him too so good on him.

I don't understand why people take themselves so seriously when it comes to football sometimes. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Simon79 said:

I'm fairly sure he refused to play near the end. As for not a lot of game time, wasn't he a fairly regular starter under LJ? A lot of people are saying he did nothing wrong, with regarding not signing a new contract ( to which I agree ). & this is a genuine question, what did Maynard do that was so different? Apart from the Bristol accent quote!?

No different to Maynard, but then Freeman has always had special treatment from the fans

Great for him that he is excelling in a new position because a Championship attacking midfielder / winger he aint

8 hours ago, Flint says No said:

So the man apparently on fire comes back to Ashton Gate on Friday. What atmosphere do you think he'll get? Positive or negative? IMO if Kodjia got a bad reception from our fans then Freeman definitely needs a negative reception. I know that Matt Smith will have a positive reception and obviously for Holloway it will be negative but unsure on Freeman.

The fans should give ANY player stick for 90 minutes and then, if they wish, clap him after the game.

I'm hoping his reception and match experience will be similar to Bailey Wright's at Preston last week. A polite ripple of applause to acknowledge him and then soon after 'Bailey, Bailey what's the score?' as we shipped in the goals. Let Freeman be on the receiving end of that and the job's a good 'un!

56 minutes ago, One Team said:

He was a pivotal part to the best season in modern history why wouldn't he get a superb reception?

The clue being ' was ' .

Ex-players ,IMHO, should be acknowledged after the match ends but we should be supporting the lads who pull on the City shirt and can get us three points .

10 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm pretty sure LJ refused to play LF until he signed a contract.( his words) Our form then was getting worse and worse , maybe the odd injury, and he suddenly decided he needed him again. LF then maybe thought, **** you. That's how I saw it. Don't blame the guy at all. Got unfair stick in my book.

It worked both ways. He wasn't getting picked due to contract . When asked he refused to play 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know that? That's a serious accusation but you sound confident that you know this for certain. So you were there, in the dressing room or at the training ground when you witnessed Luke refusing to play?

All to do with the contract . Shame he was superb in league one 

10 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm pretty sure LJ refused to play LF until he signed a contract.( his words) Our form then was getting worse and worse , maybe the odd injury, and he suddenly decided he needed him again. LF then maybe thought, **** you. That's how I saw it. Don't blame the guy at all. Got unfair stick in my book.

It's all interpretations. He still refused to wear the badge . Unforgivable in my eyes. Pretty sure others won't see it that way

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You won't 'clap' Freeman?! Good God, some incredibly short memories on here.....you don't think he made a superb contribution to our title winning season? The first since 1955?

Bet you 'clap' Matt Smith who was only with us for three months...

I think the best thing to do would be to ignore him entirely. He was an average player that had one decent season for us followed by two mediocre ones.

If LJ wants to put any tactics in place to counteract the threat of LF, may I suggest he places several cul-de-sac signs on the pitch as LF will happily run towards them on a regular basis. 

Shouldn't be booed on his return but he definitely will be by some areas of the ground. I'm sure he won't hold the club or fans in bad blood after the league 1 winning season. 

He just couldn't step up last year like a lot of the players and this year wanted a change for reasons none of us know.

He is playing to his proper ability now so the change was obviously needed for him. 

He deserves a good reception, based on L1 performances and what he was starting to do this season. He was showing great promise this season before sold.  Last season was a poor one from him, but could be down to the hair (the ponytail made him look like Jay from Inbetweeners!!)

Who will be the player to give him the usual welcome back to the gate challenge?  My money is on Bryan or maybe Pack

• Admin

Agree with the others, but then "most" returning players should have warm applause when their name is read out (or involved in a substitution)

No real reason to boo during the game - but no doubt he will applaud our supporters at the end of the game

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree with the others, but then "most" returning players should have warm applause when their name is read out (or involved in a substitution)

No real reason to boo during the game - but no doubt he will applaud our supporters at the end of the game

Can a player be put off his game because of continuous booing when he touches the ball ? 

I thInk most could so it is a legitimate weapon for us the supporters to help our side .

After the game we can give ex-players a warm round of applause .

Equally to welcome ex-players on the opposing team like heros can only give them a huge boost in self esteem and confidence, that's not what I want to see in an opposition player .

Crush them first , acknowledge them at the end .

They are either one of us or somebody else's . 

I prefer we concentrate on boosting our lot .

51 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Shouldn't be booed on his return but he definitely will be by some areas of the ground. I'm sure he won't hold the club or fans in bad blood after the league 1 winning season. 

He just couldn't step up last year like a lot of the players and this year wanted a change for reasons none of us know.

He is playing to his proper ability now so the change was obviously needed for him. 

Just needed to be played in his best position for this level it seems 

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Didn't see any fans calling for him to play central midfield but I'd hope a Head Coach could spot it 

Most thought he wasn't smart enough to operate there .

On the wings he rarely had his head up in central midfield it would have seemed catastrophic ! 

Still credit to Holloway. 

Archived