IGNORED

Email from the club re non-renewal of season card

RedLionLad

• Admin
2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

There is no 'panic stations' response. You made that bit up.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Cant see the panic myself,  I see it as just a general query.

Must be some concern if 35% of people have not renewed - in addition if the club were not concerned why would they take the time to send the email and then pay for someone to compile the returns?

Just now, phantom said:

Must be some concern if 35% of people have not renewed - in addition if the club were not concerned why would they take the time to send the email and then pay for someone to compile the returns?

The renewal percentage will increase if we confirm our status in the Championship. Its obvious why many people are yet to renew. 

Yes I have had this email and here is my reply to the online "customer feedback" questionnaire which can be completed, which includes the question "Reason you have not renewed":

Yes.

Performances and entertainment this season have been awful, not just the league position.

I think it is an insult to supporters who have had season tickets for many seasons, to not allow them to make their minds up at the end of the season, other wise they lose their seats. Existing season ticket holders could have been given the opportunity to move to currently vacant seats, but to offer seats of those who have not renewed, before the current season has even ended, is extremely poor form.

You did the same last season, and most people put up with it. There is a mood now that the fans do not have to be treated with such contempt.

I will not renew if at all, until I know who the manager is next season. It is interesting that under your headings of reason for non renewal, you have not included "Manager", when you will have seen all over social media that is the reason why many will not renew. I would suggest that if you wanted a true reflection of the reasons why thousands have chosen not to renew, this factor should have been included. Maybe you do not want this strength of feeling to be measured.

Many others will not renew until it is not known what division we will be in. 

Many will not be renewing no matter what.

This is not unreasonable.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

The renewal percentage will increase if we confirm our status in the Championship. Its obvious why many people are yet to renew. 

If it is so obvious why are the club spending money on asking people?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

There may be 'panic stations' if a only a very small percentage of that 35% fail to respond to the email?

Can anyone hazard a guess as to roughly how much 35% of last seasons sales equate to?

About 4,720 if my maths is correct.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

.....and now in £££'s

Say average season ticket is £300 then around £1.5 million.

Corporate sales will be down as well no doubt and what with the rugby whose crowds will drop dramatically, the reality must be that Bristol Sport are going to take a big hit on stadium revenue next year. The much harsher reality is that there are people who will likely lose their jobs/be able to work less because of this. I wonder what Mr Lansdown would have to say about that?

Just now, RedLionLad said:

.....and now in £££'s

Depends how many are adults and where they sit.

If the majority were adults, which I expect they would be btw, then 4,720 x average £400.

Approx. £1.9m?

Obviously less taking juveniles into account.

Just now, phantom said:

We've got 5 price ranges for renewals at present: £367, £401, £430, £491 and £551

The "mean" average being £448, multiply by 4720 you get £2,114,560

That's not taking into account kid's prices, reduced disabled and carer's free tickets.

Nick J really is up / down there with one of the most negative ( or blue?) people on here.

It may be a concern, the reminder us very good Business practice and the Club must be pleased with 65%. A more important comparison than 13.8k to 9k is how many of those 13.8k had signed, and at what price at this stage last season?

My bet is this is a good number, a sign the fantasy (very different from the OTiB base!)  is confident we will stay up and enjoy the value for money next season

If we finish in style this season we could top 15k and show the owner we have the number of fans his investment and passion over 20 years deserves; ie a lot more than people like Nick J would like to see!

Archived