IGNORED

Email from the club re non-renewal of season card

RedLionLad

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Like he's already done and rubbed our poor little noses in.

He can keep rubbing my nose in it.  By not renewing/entering AG until Johnson is gone I now have a voice and I am now rubbing his nose in it.  If he now has to find 400-800 pound out of his pocket too cover what he's lost from mine then my point has been made. 

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

What is it you are hoping for in all this? Having a bad day?

Debate, opinions, answers, reasons......you know, just normal Internet forum replies really?

What did you expect me to hope for? Tit for Tat childish comments?

25 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Us fairweather fans and I'm guessing you are including me (14 years a season ticket holder) are angry at the way this season has unfolded , the opportunity wasted by placing complete reliance on a novice manager with no track record .

You seem incapable of recognising the anger/frustration  felt and then to add insult to injury anyone who is not happy with the situation and chooses to vote with their feet is dismissed as not a true fan.

Well you can impose the ultimate sanction, by staying away, it doesn't mean you don't care about the City, in fact I would say some that go as a day out, much like going to the Zoo or cinema are a bit more relaxed about the club. For me it matters more than anything, there or not. Actually wish it was 'just a day out' and not some heart pounding stressful endurance.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, plenty of time to change the manager before the new season. 

Watch ST sales shoot up if LJ gets the boot!

I'm not sure LJ being manager would make much of a difference to sales, no more than a couple of hundred at the very most.

The biggest factor in people not renewing is surely going to be the division we are in?

My personal feeling is that, the higher up the league structure we find ourselves, the lower the entertainment value of attending AG, although the quality of player on show obviously gets better. These two pretty much cancel each other out, so renewing is worth doing if you can, no matter what division we are in.

Am I the only one who thinks 9k is pretty damn good..? Especially considering so many (on here at least) have been very vocal about not renewing until they know if we will be in the Championship next season. 

2 more wins and the figure should jump considerably, apparently. 

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Great shout - I'm sure all clubs up and down the country have many new season ticket holders that make the difference to their attendance :gaah:

It seems likely that a few of the "rugger buggers" will also buy tickets for the football and I'm sure that a number of people visiting Ashton Gate for the first time this season would have been impressed by the facilities, sufficient to buy a season ticket. "Build it and they will come" may be tested out for the first time next season, now that the stadium is finished. Once we stay up the glory hunters and the fair weather types will gradually drift back - just in time to see our team perform brilliantly in the Championship next season. COYR!

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Am I the only one who thinks 9k is pretty damn good..? Especially considering so many (on here at least) have been very vocal about not renewing until they know if we will be in the Championship next season. 

2 more wins and the figure should jump considerably, apparently. 

I'd say 65% (9k) was pretty high tbf 

Probably 65% not, just re wording / spin

for the record my reasons were 

Performance on pitch

Division 

should have put cost too high, you should always put cost too high...on any survey 

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Mate of mine has had an email today asking why he hasn't renewed his season ticket. Has anyone else who hasn't renewed received one?

......and is this some indication that renewals are lower than expected?

I received mine.

I would like to think they'd do that even if we'd sold 20,000 SC's just to ensure nothing was missed by accident, so may not indicate a mad panic over absolutely shite sales following a rubbish season that may yet end in relegation.

• Admin

I told them I'm waiting to see what happens this season. If we go down and change the manager as you would expect given such underachievement following a period of huge investment then I am more than willing to renew but my perception is that our Head Coach has a "job for life" irregardless of performance and I am unwilling to support an organisation with such values. 

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I replied along the lines of 'No Tammy plus Lee Johnson as manager leads me to believe we will be relegated next season'. I am obviously not diehard/stupid enough to sign up for that offer thanks.

Robin Unreliant indeed!

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I told them I'm waiting to see what happens this season. If we go down and change the manager as you would expect given such underachievement following a period of huge investment then I am more than willing to renew but my perception is that our Head Coach has a "job for life" irregardless of performance and I am unwilling to support an organisation with such values. 

I'm not renewing until I know what's in place for next season. Over 20 years an S/T and been going since 1967 - so for me not to renew is a step not taken lightly.

SL obviously doesn't need my money - as he delighted in pointing out in the RB interview.  SL also has stated that - even if we are relegated - we'll all come running back when we're top of L1.

We may have walked L1 under Cotts but under LJ we'll be going into the campaign with his record of L1 standing at 19th, 11th, and 9th-when he left. Hardly inspiring.  He talks the talk though:

"I love the club, the new contract extension makes me feel valued by the owner and the board. I know I will get it right and that I will be given time to do that, at what is a fantastic club"

No - not a quote from the OS from earlier this season, that's what LJ said when handed a contract extension by Oldham

10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He talks the talk though:

"I love the club, the new contract extension makes me feel valued by the owner and the board. I know I will get it right and that I will be given time to do that, at what is a fantastic club"

No - not a quote from the OS from earlier this season, that's what LJ said when handed a contract extension by Oldham

He's a walking cliche/soundbite.

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I WILL BOO!!!!

I bet the corporate stuff takes a minimal hit, if at all. For the rugby, in particular, next season should be spectacularly successful! 

I bet the rugby gates will be down substantially, whether normal fans or corporate as watching a team smashing part timers by 60 points every week really isn't all that, and no other club is likely to bring more than a coachload of supporters to AG.

Just now, Loon plage said:

I bet the rugby gates will be down substantially, whether normal fans or corporate as watching a team smashing part timers by 60 points every week really isn't all that, and no other club is likely to bring more than a coachload of supporters to AG.

Standard tickets will be down no doubt, but I'm not convinced that the corporate stuff is to actually watch the game! 

12 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I'm not renewing until I know what's in place for next season. Over 20 years an S/T and been going since 1967 - so for me not to renew is a step not taken lightly.

SL obviously doesn't need my money - as he delighted in pointing out in the RB interview.  SL also has stated that - even if we are relegated - we'll all come running back when we're top of L1.

We may have walked L1 under Cotts but under LJ we'll be going into the campaign with his record of L1 standing at 19th, 11th, and 9th-when he left. Hardly inspiring.  He talks the talk though:

In doing this and signing the extension, he managed to allow his then employer to get a good fee when he was poached by another club.  I call that being a good and decent chap.  I recall Darren Barnard doing something similar - and he went to Barnsley as well.

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

He's a walking cliche/soundbite.

I also loved the ''I love my job, I love this City and I love the area that I live in'' line (it went something like that anyway).

Pretty much translates to ''I love having a job for life on £400k+ a year, and love living in a massive house in Clifton''.

I think we'd all love that Lee, don't think it's the best card to use when wanting vote of sympathy from fans.

Just now, petehinton said:

I also loved the ''I love my job, I love this City and I love the area that I live in'' line (it went something like that anyway).

Pretty much translates to ''I love having a job for life on £400k+ a year, and love living in a massive house in Clifton''.

I think we'd all love that Lee, don't think it's the best card to use when wanting vote of sympathy from fans.

Yes - we would all have more respect for him if he earned £25k and lived in a rented flat - then we could all say the SL had gone for the cheap option :facepalm:

Just now, CyderInACan said:

Standard tickets will be down no doubt, but I'm not convinced that the corporate stuff is to actually watch the game! 

Certainly an element of truth there !

Lots of disgruntled fans but unlike football, encouraged by a new coach although they want SL's mate Booy put out to grass, as Mr Lam is not a yes man/

4,000 hard core season carders regardless of the division but the gates will be way down and you simply can't charge corporates the same for Bris v Bath as you would for Bris v Hartpury College.

17 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

When I was a kid at primary school, our Year 6 teacher told us when we left that 'we were the best class they'd ever taught'.

Queue 30 11 year olds looking at them in disgust and disbelief. Why?

Because the silly sausage said it every year and our older siblings/previous year 6s had told us. We promptly informed the upcoming year 5s as to what to expect.

The teacher was well known for it and if you went to my primary school in BS3 in the 90s, you'll know exactly who I mean!

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Certainly an element of truth there !

Lots of disgruntled fans but unlike football, encouraged by a new coach although they want SL's mate Booy put out to grass, as Mr Lam is not a yes man/

4,000 hard core season carders regardless of the division but the gates will be way down and you simply can't charge corporates the same for Bris v Bath as you would for Bris v Hartpury College.

Understood; and i don't wholly disagree but I'd love to see the figures. But if you want a corp for the following season you'll need to stay in situ for next season in the Championship. 

Archived