IGNORED

Does anyone enjoy snooker?

phantom

• Admin

In my earlier years I used to enjoy playing the occasional frame, but admit to being more of a pool player now.

One problem I always struggled to stay interested long enough to watch it on TV, now reading this reminds me of why I couldn't watch it

Am intrigued if anyone sat through the whole frame?

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, phantom said:

In my earlier years I used to enjoy playing the occasional frame, but admit to being more of a pool player now.

One problem I always struggled to stay interested long enough to watch it on TV, now reading this reminds me of why I couldn't watch it

Am intrigued if anyone sat through the whole frame?

Capture.PNG

I'm much like you.  Watching Pot Black was as much TV snooker as I could manage

• Admin
4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm much like you.  Watching Pot Black was as much TV snooker as I could manage

There was something on Sky a few weeks back where each player had a maximum of 30 seconds per shot and the ground were heckling and chearing - it just felt so wrong

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

There was something on Sky a few weeks back where each player had a maximum of 30 seconds per shot and the ground were heckling and chearing - it just felt so wrong

it takes me longer to remember where I put the chalk !

The best for me to enjoy watching snooker is to have a number of players I don't like and other I do like,

Selby is one I dislike and Murphy is another. Both miserable sods in my view.

I like Trump because he's local. Higgins I like unless he's playing Trump......

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like Trump because he's local. Higgins I like unless he's playing Trump......

I'm I missing something here ? Is Ivanka bending over the table in her mini skirt ?  If so I'd need the rest for my cue !

37 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm I missing something here ? Is Ivanka bending over the table in her mini skirt ?  If so I'd need the rest for my cue !

Some great videos of women's only snooker on the web ...........

:thumbsup:

:yes:

:thumbsup:

tfj

Love Snooker, play when I can but admittedly I am sh!te (best break is 34 and I've hit that twice)

Also it can be boring to watch, it really is one of those sports that is more fun to play than to watch. Like golf I'd imagine, I cannot watch it, its sooo boring, however if I was offered to play it... sure I'd have a crack at it, you could say the same thing with Tennis though.

Watching 9 ball on the TV or "American" Pool is much more interesting... Only because its quick/fast paced and you do get to see some interesting shots sometimes, with them attempting to curve/jump the white etc etc.

19 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Love Snooker, play when I can but admittedly I am sh!te (best break is 34 and I've hit that twice)

Also it can be boring to watch, it really is one of those sports that is more fun to play than to watch. Like golf I'd imagine, I cannot watch it, its sooo boring, however if I was offered to play it... sure I'd have a crack at it, you could say the same thing with Tennis though.

Watching 9 ball on the TV or "American" Pool is much more interesting... Only because its quick/fast paced and you do get to see some interesting shots sometimes, with them attempting to curve/jump the white etc etc.

You see I disagree - snooker is much harder game to master. Pool is a massive part of American culture but snooker barely registers - they pronounce it as in the wrestler, Snuka.

To me it all comes down to the trend of shorter attention spans, sometimes a cagey frame of snooker can go an hour and a lot of people sadly don't have the patience. Same reason that Test cricket is suffering in the face of short versions of the game - it's a crying shame IMO.

21 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

You see I disagree - snooker is much harder game to master. Pool is a massive part of American culture but snooker barely registers - they pronounce it as in the wrestler, Snuka.

To me it all comes down to the trend of shorter attention spans, sometimes a cagey frame of snooker can go an hour and a lot of people sadly don't have the patience. Same reason that Test cricket is suffering in the face of short versions of the game - it's a crying shame IMO.

Snooker is a very technical game all based on keeping the cue straight on the shot and trying to control the cue ball.

That in itself is extremely difficult when the bounce and table speed come into the equation along with having to decide on how hard to play the shot. 

Plus...........where on the cue ball you hit it. Top, bottom, left or right side and of course dead in the middle.

It a bloody hard game to play well.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Snooker is a very technical game all based on keeping the cue straight on the shot and trying to control the cue ball.

That in itself is extremely difficult when the bounce and table speed come into the equation along with having to decide on how hard to play the shot. 

Plus...........where on the cue ball you hit it. Top, bottom, left or right side and of course dead in the middle.

It a bloody hard game to play well.

Always confuses me. How exactly do you take a corner ? And those bats are hard to use !

Used to play in the Paragon as a youth but have not played for donkey's years. All went to pot (unintended!) when my shortsightedness required glasses. It really is difficult to keep things in focus without peering over the top of the glasses. I fully understood why Dennis Taylor got those ridiculous looking ones.

On 14/04/2017 at 23:41, CrazyInWeston said:

My best break was 43.

I kick your arse!

tfj

Archived