IGNORED

Hollowhead

Red Army 75

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Quite how that goofy, Banjo Island pr1ck has got the nerve to criticise the Atyeo Stand is beyond me. Had he not made it as a footballer there's a good chance he'd be sat in this monstrosity every other week...

IMG_3671.JPG

Playing most of your career for Bristol Rovers does not constitute as "making it" as a footballer. In my opinion. :shifty:

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I always have a dilemma with Holloway

Hate him as a passionate Gashead and for some of his outbursts over the years

On the other hand I admire his passion (Albeit misguided) for his club ,his passion for the game,  the fact he's a proud Bristolian and how well he's done with his daughters etc

He's also been promoted to the Premier League twice so he's hardly a mug as a manager

Hes had some real treatment from us over the years so you can hardly blame him for not being too keen on us !

Lets be honest if he was as he is but a red - we'd love it

At the end of the day he's a true Sag and for that reason I'll give him stick on match days but hate him ?  no I don't

Tin hat on but that's my feelings

Mellowed about him over the years

I think he has mellowed as well. And let's be 100% honest, City have been so dominant in Bristol football over the past 17 years even the most ardent Gashead has to concede we are top dogs. Totally different in the late 80s when they had a run of Derby victories and beat us to the title. Also makes me laugh the number of Gasheads who told me they would be top dogs when they moved back to Bristol and the Mem. Still waiting guys, ha. 

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Ripped their faces off? What a delightful way to describe giving them an ear bashing :blink:

The only time I've heard that sort of language previously was in relation to a Chimpanzee attack. Which is sort of appropriate really.

14 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Scott Murray seems to be pretty much universally despised by Rovers, Cardiff and Swindon. Love him.

I'd say he would be the one who is most, if not liked, respected amongst Rovers fans. He seems to have taken Bristol to his heart and as such many Rovers fans will have had met or had dealings with him. I have met him a couple of times when he helped me out with a signed shirt for my local football club and he seemed a decent bloke. He even waved at me when I was driving through Bedminster a couple of years after (Or maybe he just a crazy ****** who waves at all the cars).

Rob Newman was another one who we seemed to have a grudging respect for. I even played in a cricket match for his testimonial year!

It's interesting that some of our early1990s team seem to be so disliked by so many of you. I knew a few of them socially and they were pretty much everything a fan would want in a player for his club. Like it or not, the Rovers players from that era knew just how much football meant to the fans, particularly when playing you lot. What supporter wouldn't want a bunch of players who actually did give a ****?

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'd say he would be the one who is most, if not liked, respected amongst Rovers fans. He seems to have taken Bristol to his heart and as such many Rovers fans will have had met or had dealings with him. I have met him a couple of times when he helped me out with a signed shirt for my local football club and he seemed a decent bloke. He even waved at me when I was driving through Bedminster a couple of years after (Or maybe he just a crazy ****** who waves at all the cars).

Rob Newman was another one who we seemed to have a grudging respect for. I even played in a cricket match for his testimonial year!

It's interesting that some of our early1990s team seem to be so disliked by so many of you. I knew a few of them socially and they were pretty much everything a fan would want in a player for his club. Like it or not, the Rovers players from that era knew just how much football meant to the fans, particularly when playing you lot. What supporter wouldn't want a bunch of players who actually did give a ****?

Don't think Marcus Stewart gets much stick from us as we all know he is City even when he was and is now again on your payroll.

Twentyman gets a little stick but it's done in jest only as he is a fine Journo.

15 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Stayin Up, Up, Up....became Hollowhead's a C***, C***, C***

In fact, every song possible transmogriphied into Hollowhead's a cu*t today. And rightly so. The idiot just couldn't stop himself this week, saying it doesn't bother him all this. Really? Then why mention it? Because you thought it might work in your favour and..yes...you just can't let go. Talk about backfiring on both accounts.

QP were as bland to day as they always are - London's 8th or 9th club (behind Brentford. Ouch) Were there any away fans there? I didn't hear them. Did Freeman turn up? Totally outplayed. Was Hollowhead there? Yes, he gave it the cupping of th'ear etc in the first ten mins, then sat down a lot after that as his outdated tactics failed and failed again ... what was this, the 1980s? Kick it to Devon White!! Kick it to the Big Bloke!

Shyte. We can sooooo be as midtable as them.

Magnificent, City (Johnson Out)

In fairness to Freeman, that was one of his best performances for us

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 14:46, Red Army 75 said:

Lapping it up in the home dugout. People getting autographs and handshakes . **** off hollowhead . People are so gullible 

Disgusting - What are we coming to?

Why would anyone related to our club want to mix with him.

This man is a total ass - I used to find him sort of amusing but now find Cathy Barry speaks more sense!!!

Hollowheads got a nerve criticizing our ground well the Atyeo stand. It's good enough for the away fans, and it looks like after yesterdays results we wont be welcoming the 15ers down the gate next season. Did I hear them say they were coming for us? Like the picture above of tent city imagine paying to sit in that!

21 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Can't remember the last time before today that we had a decent rendition of "stand up if you hate the g*s" :D 

Last time that was really good at the old Wembley when we lost to Brighton (2004) in a final I think Danny Wilson was our manager. Don't know what the Brighton fans made of it

53 minutes ago, City37 said:

Disgusting - What are we coming to?

Why would anyone related to our club want to mix with him.

This man is a total ass - I used to find him sort of amusing but now find Cathy Barry speaks more sense!!!

this is where we all pretend we don't know who cathy barry is.

What is his actual record at AG as a manager? I don`t think it`s that good - whoever he was managing the year we went down did win but I think at the time it was mentioned that it was the first time he had won there.

I still remember him taking it out on the water bottles when we beat Leicester in what was I think his first game in charge after they`d poached him from Plymouth.

He applauded the Lansdown and nodded his head in respect before the game....... The only people who asked for his autographs were youngsters and one bloke shook his hand. He looked very wary about entering the home 'dug out' to meet the kids that were waving their autograph books.I think for some reason he thought they were gonna take the p***. He was almost frothing at the mouth by the end of the game kicking water bottles about. I did tell him he should be used to looking after headless chickens and i'm sure he shook his head when i asked him if Neymar was coming on. All good fun and his presence helped with great atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

What is his actual record at AG as a manager? I don`t think it`s that good - whoever he was managing the year we went down did win but I think at the time it was mentioned that it was the first time he had won there.

I still remember him taking it out on the water bottles when we beat Leicester in what was I think his first game in charge after they`d poached him from Plymouth.

Woops, they beat us 2-0 in his first game in charge of Leicester. Never mind though, he relegated them just a couple months later.

Yep, he somehow relegated the premier league champions to the 3rd division. That is some achievement. 

43 minutes ago, RedReynard said:

He applauded the Lansdown and nodded his head in respect before the game....... The only people who asked for his autographs were youngsters and one bloke shook his hand. He looked very wary about entering the home 'dug out' to meet the kids that were waving their autograph books.I think for some reason he thought they were gonna take the p***. He was almost frothing at the mouth by the end of the game kicking water bottles about. I did tell him he should be used to looking after headless chickens and i'm sure he shook his head when i asked him if Neymar was coming on. All good fun and his presence helped with great atmosphere.

That's what's it's all about

Football would be very boring without characters/ rivals 

2 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

Last time that was really good at the old Wembley when we lost to Brighton (2004) in a final I think Danny Wilson was our manager. Don't know what the Brighton fans made of it

Anyone at Wembley wouldn't have made anything of it, now if that were at Cardiff..................!

Archived