IGNORED

Hollowhead

Red Army 75

10 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Woops, they beat us 2-0 in his first game in charge of Leicester. Never mind though, he relegated them just a couple months later.

Yep, he somehow relegated the premier league champions to the 3rd division. That is some achievement. 

Pretty sure they didn't beat us the year of their relegation, was that the year we drew 0-0 up there but they absolutely battered us?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

What is his actual record at AG as a manager? I don`t think it`s that good - whoever he was managing the year we went down did win but I think at the time it was mentioned that it was the first time he had won there.

I still remember him taking it out on the water bottles when we beat Leicester in what was I think his first game in charge after they`d poached him from Plymouth.

Wasn't he manager of Palace when we stuffed them one year, when we went down?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

What is his actual record at AG as a manager? I don`t think it`s that good - whoever he was managing the year we went down did win but I think at the time it was mentioned that it was the first time he had won there.

I still remember him taking it out on the water bottles when we beat Leicester in what was I think his first game in charge after they`d poached him from Plymouth.

The old memory is certainly playing tricks on me tonight!

Whatever though, I don`t think his record at AG is all that good,

For gods sake the bloke is a gashead his passion for the club is the same as our own. I don't nessecarily like the bloke but respect him and just because he is gas doesn't make him a horrible person. I find him quite comical and he has said some nice things in the past about our club but he has blue blood simple as that

He went right up in my estimation on Friday by helping our climb to safety by playing Matt Smith as a solo frontman, dependent on hopeful punts from the back, bypassing the skillful midfield he has available to him. Oh and making the change to a pressing game far too late for them to overcome the deficit.

Cheers Skeletor. I'll never root for He-Man again!

PS: Matt Smith's male pattern baldness has gone a bit rampant since his return to West London hasn't it! Should call the team Queens Park Slapheads....

17 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Wasn't he manager of Palace when we stuffed them one year, when we went down?

That was the game we beat them 4-1 (something like that) right at the beginning of the season. We unveiled new signing Sam Baldock that night. Holloway wasn't in charge.

As JamesBCFC correctly says, he was in charge in 2013 when we beat them in the League Cup not long after we'd beaten Rovers in the JPT....so the Sags couldn't even gloat about Holloway "doing it fer the Gaaaasss" like they usually do.

He's a cock.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That was the game we beat them 4-1 (something like that) right at the beginning of the season. We unveiled new signing Sam Baldock that night. Holloway wasn't in charge.

As JamesBCFC correctly says, he was in charge in 2013 when we beat them in the League Cup not long after we'd beaten Rovers in the JPT....so the Sags couldn't even gloat about Holloway "doing it fer the Gaaaasss" like they usually do.

He's a cock.

Wasn`t it Warnock?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He's a cock.

One of only 3 games I saw that year, the others being 4-2 over Cardiff (sending us top, courtesy of it being the early kickoff) and 5-3 against Barnsley. 

My son's special school joins the back of Loftus Road and Holloway and the players park their cars in our car park on match days. It is a school with many kids with profound disabilities. At Xmas QPR send some players or board members to hand presents to the children, but usually dont stay long. Holloway came this year with his wife and stayed for over and hour and took a genuine interest in the school, the students and the staff. It was remarked by our headtecher what a pleasure to have someone from the club pay a real interest.

Now whilst he unddoubtedly said some stupid things about us, as we have about him, from this interaction he came across as a decent and caring human being.

When is BCT going to support a special needs team btw or do they already?

17 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

My son's special school joins the back of Loftus Road and Holloway and the players park their cars in our car park on match days. It is a school with many kids with profound disabilities. At Xmas QPR send some players or board members to hand presents to the children, but usually dont stay long. Holloway came this year with his wife and stayed for over and hour and took a genuine interest in the school, the students and the staff. It was remarked by our headtecher what a pleasure to have someone from the club pay a real interest.

Now whilst he unddoubtedly said some stupid things about us, as we have about him, from this interaction he came across as a decent and caring human being.

That's Hollowhead for ya. I've met him a couple of times and think he's a perfectly decent bloke....but he does have a schizophrenic side when City are involved. He genuinely doesn't like City or City fans, and to be fair the fans have returned dogs abuse to him. He's a Gashead who made good as a player. A bang average manager but there are times in the not so distant past we'd have settled for that.

10 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

That's Hollowhead for ya. I've met him a couple of times and think he's a perfectly decent bloke....but he does have a schizophrenic side when City are involved. He genuinely doesn't like City or City fans, and to be fair the fans have returned dogs abuse to him. He's a Gashead who made good as a player. A bang average manager but there are times in the not so distant past we'd have settled for that.

As a lifelong City fan who has lived away since the mid 80's, it has been interesting to read some of the reasons and stories that back up why many dislike/hate him. The only one I had heard was our fans singing abuse about his father when he had just died. If this was true, then maybe that explains how a decent man, can turn bad when confronted with the source of that abuse? 

7 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

As a lifelong City fan who has lived away since the mid 80's, it has been interesting to read some of the reasons and stories that back up why many dislike/hate him. The only one I had heard was our fans singing abuse about his father when he had just died. If this was true, then maybe that explains how a decent man, can turn bad when confronted with the source of that abuse? 

Well, not really because you would like to think that even Mr. 'ollowhead himself would see that it's only a minority of total idiots that would sing anything like that. And all clubs have them

The ONLY reason is that he is Gas, and they hate that they are Bristol's small team

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, not really because you would like to think that even Mr. 'ollowhead himself would see that it's only a minority of total idiots that would sing anything like that. And all clubs have them

The ONLY reason is that he is Gas, and they hate that they are Bristol's small team

Rovers fans do seem very bitter about our club, but I would have thought that someone working in the professional game for so many years, would have a calmer view. Managers and players don't seem to get as emotional as fans about the clubs they support/work for.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

His 3 daughters are all profoundly deaf if I recall correctly so attending your son's school and staying for so long was probably because it struck a personal cord with him. I know he had to fight tooth and nail to get his daughters the best education he could. 

Tbf, any football player/board member doing a charitable thing should at least try and stay as long as possible. It's not a PR stunt but about giving back and being supportive.

Olly might be a total bellend when it comes to football but when kids need help, I'm sure his heart is in the right place.

Archived