IGNORED

QPR view on LJ

glastonred

• Admin

This part sounds familiar 

Team News: Difficult to know what Ian Holloway’s tombola selection machine will belch out from one week to the next but what we do know is Jordan Cousins is out for the season, Jay Emmanuel Thomas is having a swazzy time being unavailable to play for his weekly wage, and a double Bank Holiday weekend probably means we’re going to need eyes on Steven Caulker for the duration less he gives his mile wide self-destruct button a big press again. Karl Henry is in the dog house, Jack Robinson started last week so probably won’t play again this side of the next doomsday but James Perch’s deliberate attempt to get himself the Easter weekend off by killing a man to death in the defeat to Brighton was thwarted by lenient refereeing so he’ll have to travel.

Clive Whittingham. You made me chuckle...

"QPR’s sacrificial lamb of Wembley, Gary O’Neil, is out with gangrene, but Bosnian striker Milan Djuric has returned to training after a brief flirtation with scientology. Other than that it’s a fully fit and available squad for the hosts."

:clapping:

2 hours ago, glastonred said:

Interesting piece from the QPR fans' forum regarding LJ's position and the management merry-go-round:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/45482

[Apologies if this has already been posted]

Good read and interesting to be reminded that for the bottom 3 changing managers has not done anything!  

Ps never heard the word before but I love f*cknuggets!

10 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

But, it also states that the teams below us have all had multiple managers this season, including names mentioned on here to replace LJ!

but the teams below us havent spent anywhere near the amount he has and we have gone backwards something is wrong and im afraid in my view its the head coach 

Just now, nellie said:

but the teams below us havent spent anywhere near the amount he has and we have gone backwards something is wrong and im afraid in my view its the head coach 

I was adding to your comment as it was just one line of the article and perhaps continuity is relevant to survival?

Elements of the truth in many places. But also obviously in life, in so many cliched phrases. The grass isn't always greener. One man's meat. Be careful what you wish for. Don't change horses mid stream. The fact is occasionally it works. The immediate bounce.  Worked for Blackburn for a handful of games then reverted to type.  QPR have been patchy.  Colin has done what Colin does.... but imagine the outcry if he'd been bought in here.  But for every Colin, or Fat Sam, there's another 2nd rater ready to fall off the merrygo-round and achieve nothing. At least now there's not long to go before this clubs gamble is shown to have  paid off.

Generally it's interesting to see a neutral observer praising at least the spirit of the strategy - sticking with a manager because changing is so often no better.

No doubt far more of our fans would say the same, if I wasn't their own club involved!

Would I have replaced LJ with Zola, given the chance? Probably - and look how that's worked out.

"He was poached from Barnsley in February last year where the bright, young, attacking team he assembled went on to win promotion and has taken this division by relative storm this season"

Hmm. Kind of winds me up when I see comments like that. For a start, most of the players that had a positive contribution to getting us up were signed by Danny Wilson. Then half of them left in the summer and this years side bears little relation to last seasons. How can they credit the success we have had this season to a bloke who left over a year ago whilst we were in the bottom third of L1. I don't know how keeps getting away with the positive perception people have of him in the game.

Archived