IGNORED

April Mark Little

One Team

Just now, petehinton said:

Out of contract in a month, no doubt a factor

Slightly harsh imo. He sustained an awful awful injury which has taken him ages to get over. At the start of this season he was crippled by low confidence and about 15,000 City fans on his back. Whenever called thereafter and of late he's been great value

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Mark little was outstanding today. 

Not sure who got MOM but Taylor and Patterson should have been in consideration with Little! 

Little was MOM. I particularly loved his run down the wing in the first half. Just like the promotion season. 

People keep saying he's not Championship quality, but I'm not so sure - has looked better than several opposition players over the last two matches, and both sides we've played are mid table Championship sides.

He's an important player for us right now.

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

He did well today. Beaten a few times but more than made up for it. I'd written him off as a league one player at best, but not so sure now.

Looking back to a really dire game against Cardiff, Little stood out to me that day too. The only guy on the pitch who looked awake and boy was he fast!!

Was great today agree with others best he has looked for us in 2 years, I really hope the club give him a years contract in the summer as looks like he is over the injury at long last, would be a shame to lose him if he does now grow into the player a lot on her though he could a few years back

17 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Looking back to a really dire game against Cardiff, Little stood out to me that day too. The only guy on the pitch who looked awake and boy was he fast!!

Yep, same against Reading. He was putting in some thunderous tackles which got the players and crowd up for it and into the 2 goal lead. I remember posting that he didn't deserve to be on the losing side that day. 

So he has actually put in a number of stand out performances this season. Purely by being one of the only players looking like they really wanted to fight for it. 

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Not championship quality end of story 

Yes I remember people raving about Adam Matthew's solving all of our RB problems because he was Championship Quality, International etc etc

Difference is he was a complete non trier and an embarassment to his profession

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think he is finally getting over that shoulder injury, what he had my have 'healed' but with such injuries they can have lasting effects.

An injury free Mark Little is definitely an asset, he looks so much more confident too. Just a bit of praise from the fans and a bit of belief has made such a lot of difference to the team, he's bringing out the best in other players too.

I hope he can stay injury free, something he hasn't been able to do for quite a while. When he gets injured it's something long term rather than little niggles, so maybe a new Championship contract might be too much of a risk from a purely business decision. I'm certainly enjoying watching him play at the moment though.

49 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

That's the correct answer. 

If he plays as he usually does he is a decent league one player.

If he had a good game is a possible championship squad player.

If he plays like he has the past 180 minutes week in week out he wouldn't be playing for us their lies the issue.

Less than 50 appearances in the Championship to date, both in sides in a relagation scrap and as I previously said on the back of a career threating injury. Deserves more Championship game time for sure. Credit where credits due

He's struggled with fitness and never really got a run of games last season after missing pre season with a shoulder injury. After a shakey start this season he's actually impressed me more often than not when he's played and always gives 110% which is all you can ask for.

Never going to be the most gifted player technically but give me Little over the waste of space Matthews any day. 

Archived