IGNORED

April Mark Little

One Team

Last week other than the run for the penalty, I thought he looked a bit 'bambi on ice' and not very confident when the ball came near him. Completely different today, composed and so much more confidence, a deserved MOTM

22 hours ago, BITW said:

He's struggled with fitness and never really got a run of games last season after missing pre season with a shoulder injury. After a shakey start this season he's actually impressed me more often than not when he's played and always gives 110% which is all you can ask for.

Never going to be the most gifted player technically but give me Little over the waste of space Matthews any day. 

He actually admitted on Radio Bristol after the game that he's not a technically gifted player, if it hadn't been for his bad injury and the loss of confidence after, I think he would have been a great asset this season.   Hopefully now his confidence is back and his lightening runs into the penalty area will cause lots of teams problems.  Keep it up Mark, good to have you back.  

Confidence back, seems to be injury free. Having Josh Brownhill in front of him also helps massively  as he knows if he does surge forward there is someone who will fill in the defensive role straight away. He wasn't at his best earlier in season but at same time he ended up being isolated on the right side of our defence with zero cover around. 

Let's hope he can play at that level on Monday!

On 14/04/2017 at 18:31, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Indeed not, but my point was that he was good enough for the Championship today.  He actually played very well against Wolves too, so that's two swallows.  How many do you need for a summer?

In his case, probably a plague

He was previously asked to play narrow and closer to the centre backs.  At long last LJ is letting the full backs add width.  I was an advocate of John Pemberton taking the reigns but I have to admit the change has coincided with his departure.   He does look fitter and more confident and he's such a good character to have in the team when he plays as he has recently.

Archived