IGNORED

An imperative win.

JHAGa

Fantastic effort from the players and management yet again today. A massive win especially when considering Blackburn's result. Up to 18th, 4 wins from the last 6 games and, whilst Monday's game is still hugely significant, it puts us in a much better position with Blackburn having to leave themselves open if they want to get the win. I'm sure we will go into that game with confidence.

Credit to all for the brilliant turnaround over the last two months, the team and staff have all stepped up when the pressure has cranked up a notch. Great fighting spirit within the squad. Clever game management by LJ to take Abraham/Taylor off early with Monday's game too.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Genius, who'd have thought about protecting our strike force with 15 mins to play at 2-0 up when theres a match in 3 days time?  

It's revolutionary, football management will be changed for ever.

Bloody good result though!

At no point did I say it was genius, just smart management. :rolleyes:

Forgot some people don't like giving any credit to the manager, even minutes after another impressive win. What's the point in coming on here if you're just going to make snappy, negative comments and seemingly get no joy out of us doing well?

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Genius, who'd have thought about protecting our strike force with 15 mins to play at 2-0 up when there's a match in 3 days time?  

It's revolutionary, football management will be changed for ever.

Bloody good result though!

But there are people on the matchday thread criticising him for it. Damned if you do and all that.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But there are people on the matchday thread criticising him for it. Damned if you do and all that.

Tammy definately needed to be off, as the minutes ticked down I could imagine him being clattered at some point.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Then they are muppets. It was a sensible thing to do. Certainly not 'clever' or worthy of been singled out as praiseworthy. 

I think it was a composed decision that showed LJ and the rest of the squad have gained back a fair bit of confidence. Twenty minutes to go and there was still a lot to be played but the confidence and strength on the bench showed. I did not claim it was some genius move, it was simply an offhand remark at the end of my post but the same old names instead opt to twist a harmless sentence into negativity instead of being positive for a change. 4 wins from 6 now, but lets write a sarcastic, negative reply minutes after full-time instead of enjoying the win. Must be fun.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Then they are muppets. It was a sensible thing to do. Certainly not 'clever' or worthy of been singled out as praiseworthy. 

I agree on both counts but it does show that some will have a go even if he does the transparently right and obvious thing.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I think it was a composed decision that showed LJ and the rest of the squad have gained back a fair bit of confidence. Twenty minutes to go and there was still a lot to be played but the confidence and strength on the bench showed. I did not claim it was some genius move, it was simply an offhand remark at the end of my post but the same old names instead opt to twist a harmless sentence into negativity instead of being positive for a change. 4 wins from 6 now, but lets write a sarcastic, negative reply minutes after full-time instead of enjoying the win. Must be fun.

Let's just be honest and not try and twist something that would've been obvious to a Conference South manager by calling it 'clever'. That's all I ask for

The critics are entitled to say what they want though their negativity doesn't ever help nor is nice for genuine fans to read who cannot get to a game for whatever reason. 

Moving on from those childish comments from those who write here but don't go, it is good to report the 18000 city fans AT  A.G are 100% behind the players and management 

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Let's just be honest and not try and twist something that would've been obvious to a Conference South manager by calling it 'clever'. That's all I ask for

Well, I'm sorry that you find such a harmless comment so upsetting when you should be celebrating City's result. It clearly wasn't as obvious as you're making out as there were people disagreeing with the decision at the time and you know it would have been a reason for LJ to be criticised if we had gone on not to win the match.

Today fell fair and squarely into the 'we were up for it and wanted it far more than they did' and that is a nice and timely change for us.

A strong performance and a deserved result and as the OP alluded to the subs were spot on by LJ.

Fielding was very good and made one outstanding save at an important time, Flint and Wright were commanding, Little was excellent today strong and always a threat going forward, Bryan was ok and made several good interceptions but really needs to learn to concentrate more.

it is difficult to fault Patterson 2 important goals now but should have had a hatrick today and every cross of his hit the first defender but there is a very good player in there somewhere and he was a danger, Brownhill I love his energy and the way he normally plays the simple pass, his problem is when he becomes more ambitious with his passing and like Patterson his crossing is woeful, Pack to be honest I have never been a fan but I thought he was excellent today in every department of his game and he scored a great goal, Smith for me was my MOM he was quite brilliant today back to his best, we need to keep him fit at all costs.

Taylor for an hour caused their defence a lot of problems without looking like scoring and his 2 assists for the goals and several other assists in the build up to other chances that should have put away were important, sometimes strikers should not always be judged by goals alone, I thought he played really well. Tammy for me had a mare, his first touch was generally poor, his passing radar was off and he spent far too much time on his arse, he needed to be much stronger today and it's was no surprise to me that he missed 2 presentable chances.

All in all a great day at the office beating Hollowhead is always a joy, Blackburn's win was unfortunate but has dragged Florest right back into the barrel.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Fantastic effort from the players and management yet again today. A massive win especially when considering Blackburn's result. Up to 18th, 4 wins from the last 6 games and, whilst Monday's game is still hugely significant, it puts us in a much better position with Blackburn having to leave themselves open if they want to get the win. I'm sure we will go into that game with confidence.

Credit to all for the brilliant turnaround over the last two months, the team and staff have all stepped up when the pressure has cranked up a notch. Great fighting spirit within the squad. Clever game management by LJ to take Abraham/Taylor off early with Monday's game too.

Great win today. 

A truly good win, not like earlier in the season when you witnessed matches that we could just as easily have lost.

Could you use your insight to let us know why we have been horse shit this year and are embroiled in a relegation battle, again.

29 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Humble Pie anyone?

Oh yeah I remember now, our longest losing streak and the amount of money we spent in the transfer window.  I'm back on track.

2-1 win at home whilst in a relegation fight of LJ's making, he managed the game well by doing whatever any manager above under 7's would do?

The fact that this team have proved they can play but then offer up the dross at Brentford?

Humble pie?  you're having a laugh mate.  

17 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Could you use your insight to let us know why we have been horse shit this year and are embroiled in a relegation battle, again.

The main reason being the losing run of eight games which was awful and a real low, obviously. We were narrowly edged out of most of those games, rarely outclassed. Confidence plays a huge factor in football, poor ref decisions went against us, individual errors costing us in some games (again, confidence) and Abraham also being out for a while also didn't help. But I think low confidence was the biggest factor. It's why so many teams that go on such a run struggle to recover but we've done brilliantly the last two months in doing that and I think it shows how changing the manager isn't the guaranteed magical fix that some claim. Us sticking with LJ has led us to go on just as good a run as you'd associate with a normal, new manager honeymoon period. We did brilliantly the first three months of the season, struggled for four months but the last two we've started doing well again, so I wouldn't say we've been 'horse shit this year'. More months than not we've been doing well. We now find ourselves in 18th, a pretty standard position for us in this league. It's not been a successful season, nobody will claim that, but if we stay up they all deserve credit for the fighting spirit shown over recent months when we were at a real low point. I believe LJ will have learned a lot from his first full season at this level, hopefully we finish getting the job done over the next four games and we will see what happens next year.

Just now, JHAGa said:

The main reason being the losing run of eight games which was awful and a real low, obviously. We were narrowly edged out of most of those games, rarely outclassed. Confidence plays a huge factor in football, poor ref decisions went against us, individual errors costing us in some games (again, confidence) and Abraham also being out for a while also didn't help. But I think low confidence was the biggest factor. It's why so many teams that go on such a run struggle to recover but we've done brilliantly the last two months in doing that and I think it shows how changing the manager isn't the guaranteed magical fix that some claim. Us sticking with LJ has led us to go on just as good a run as you'd associate with a normal, new manager honeymoon period. We did brilliantly the first three months of the season, struggled for four months but the last two we've started doing well again, so I wouldn't say we've been 'horse shit this year'. More months than not we've been doing well. We now find ourselves in 18th, a pretty standard position for us in this league. It's not been a successful season, nobody will claim that, but if we stay up they all deserve credit for the fighting spirit shown over recent months when we were at a real low point. I believe LJ will have learned a lot from his first full season at this level, hopefully we finish getting the job done over the next four games and we will go again next year.

We were easy to beat LJ even admitted it.

And several poor refereeing decisions have recently gone our way.

Individual errors have led to our goals recently.

it's called football.

Relying mainly on a 19 year was a huge error.

PS:- We have not been brilliant, we have improved and hopefully that will be enough.

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Great win today. 

A truly good win, not like earlier in the season when you witnessed matches that we could just as easily have lost.

Totally agree. The really enjoyable thing for me about the last 3 wins is that we have played well and dominated on all of them, as opposed to having a good 10-15 minutes and just getting away with it as we were at the start of the season.

Why we haven't played with this energy, pressing and tempo more often we'll never know but it does show some promise if we can keep it up consistently. 

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

We were easy to beat LJ even admitted it.

And several poor refereeing decisions have recently gone our way.

Individual errors have led to our goals recently.

it's called football.

Relying mainly on a 19 year was a huge error.

PS:- We have not been brilliant, we have improved and hopefully that will be enough.

I said we've responded brillantly, not that we've been brilliant. Semantics but we've done a brilliant job in responding to the position we were in two months ago. I know they've led to our goals recently, that's my point. It's small margins and confidence plays a big factor in football, especially when you've lost so many on the bounce. The amount of refereeing decisions gone for us are still nowhere near as many that have gone against us.

I agree about us relying on Abraham being a negative. It's why I've said time and time again how the Kodjia sale was so damaging. Signing Djuric and Taylor in January were important reinforcements.

Archived