IGNORED

Blackburn now a 'must not lose' rather than a 'must win'?

old_eastender

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Whatever way you look at it we need just 1 win. Doesnt matter where/when it comes.

"Whatever way you look at it?"

If we only got one more win, Blackburn would overtake us with 8 points or more from their remaining four games. Stranger things have happened.

...there's another way of looking at it.

Probably 50 points will not be enough. My guess is 53 but even then......

Monday is crucial, Blackburn will believe after today and we could really do with beating them.

My guess is that Forrest and Birmingham will finish below us, don't know in which order , but one of them could be in Div 1 next year.

Don't discount Wigan escaping - Thursday's  result will give them a real boost.

Just now, ScottishRed said:

Probably 50 points will not be enough. My guess is 53 but even then......

Monday is crucial, Blackburn will believe after today and we could really do with beating them.

My guess is that Forrest and Birmingham will finish below us, don't know in which order , but one of them could be in Div 1 next year.

Don't discount Wigan escaping - Thursday's  result will give them a real boost.

Wigan go to Brighton on Monday.

Brighton need 3 pts to go up. It would be some result if Wigan get anything there.

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

Wigan go to Brighton on Monday.

Brighton need 3 pts to go up. It would be some result if Wigan get anything there.

Agree, but how many times do a team on the cusp of promotion or a title blow the first opportunity......

And it's not all about Mondays results, things could look very different next Saturday night.

13 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Game is a must not lose for Blackbum but not for us. We just need a win from any of the last 4 to be safe and i reckon that'll come against Barnsley.

Hope you're right but worth pointing out that Barnsley have an excellent away record (5th best in division) and will have some added motivation to put one over LJ.

15 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

U maybe right. But I will take lansdown and LJ over anything u got . Yes even LJ 

Knock our tents for now, sure.Knock us for being a league one club right now, ok. Knock our crowds compared to yours right now, go ahead.

But to suggest that LJ is better than DC is laughable.Despite how much money SL has spent on your club, and him building thoses shiny new stands  ( which as a bristolian, and a gashead I respect him for ) I'm very happy with what Wael is trying to do at our football club, and the way he is going about it.It will be fair to compare the two owners in five years time, but I honesty wouldn't choose SL over Wael right now.

It looks as if your gunna be safe this term...Fair play, at one point you looked doomed.But SL will now keep with LJ and given his interview last Saturday on twentyman, along with how hated LJ has been these past 4 months , next season could be a recipe for disaster and staying up this term - while a good thing, could just be covering up the problems at your football club.

4 minutes ago, icegas said:

Knock our tents for now, sure.Knock us for being a league one club right now, ok. Knock our crowds compared to yours right now, go ahead.

But to suggest that LJ is better than DC is laughable.Despite how much money SL has spent on your club, and him building thoses shiny new stands  ( which as a bristolian, and a gashead I respect him for ) I'm very happy with what Wael is trying to do at our football club, and the way he is going about it.It will be fair to compare the two owners in five years time, but I honesty wouldn't choose SL over Wael right now.

It looks as if your gunna be safe this term...Fair play, at one point you looked doomed.But SL will now keep with LJ and given his interview last Saturday on twentyman, along with how hated LJ has been these past 4 months , next season could be a recipe for disaster and staying up this term - while a good thing, could just be covering up the problems at your football club.

Enough about us, when are you moving from that embarrassment of a 'stadium' of yours?

52 minutes ago, icegas said:

LJ might not be the greatest of managers, but he has one massive positive over DC. LJ will never ever be the man in charge when we are relegated out of the entire Football League.

However well DC has done or will do, he's always going to be the man that took the 15ers into the Conference.

17 hours ago, 22A said:

That's why at the start of the week, I suggested Blackburn beating Forest would be a good result, provided City beat QPR, as that would drag Forest into the mix.

You'd rather be battling two teams within two results of taking over us than one team who'd potentially require three results to overtake us?

Doesn't make much sense to me. Understand if you wanna finish as high as possible but 21st will do just fine now. Time for finishing as high as possible has long gone. 

1 hour ago, icegas said:

Didn't say he was better. Darrel Clarke and Bristol rovers can fooock off . Don't worry about our problems and SL . U worry about yourselfs . Yet to see how deep wallys pockets are . Remember at one stage u were the 6th richest club in England. We're is that you tube video 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Didn't say he was better. Darrel Clarke and Bristol rovers can fooock off . Don't worry about our problems and SL . U worry about yourselfs . Yet to see how deep wallys pockets are . Remember at one stage u were the 6th richest club in England. We're is that you tube video 

I don't have a clue what you just said in regards to that last sentience.

Also I'm not worried about your problems.As a gashead I want both clubs to do well, and enjoy abit of friendly banter every now and then when I visit this forum.

8 minutes ago, lost black rat said:

Cant see Birmingham (cf 23) picking up any more points

burton ( h) cf 17

villa (a) cf 2

Huddersfield (h) cf 10th

us  (a) cf 5th

Notice Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield have all still to play teams at the bottom.

They should be hard games, but it could come down to how the table splits. For instance, Burton play Reading last day. If Reading need something to secure a Play off sure it will be tough. If they have nothing to play for, then they could be resting a whole pile before the play offs. It is in the lap of the gods, but would prefer the play offs to be competitive until the end. 

3 minutes ago, jayjay said:

I just hope Little Lee has learned a lesson and doesn't decide to tinker with the present team for Monday.

He didn't tinker with the team at Brentford and look what happened there. There are different requirements away from home so some changes may be needed. Plus a draw would do us whereas at recent home games we've needed to win.

Just now, ashton_fan said:

He didn't tinker with the team at Brentford and look what happened there. There are different requirements away from home so some changes may be needed. Plus a draw would do us whereas at recent home games we've needed to win.

The psychology of it can become interesting.

I wonder how much when it got to the last twenty yesterday Forest were thinking 'yea, actually a draw is ok' and then ended up losing.

Bottom line, I worry if we go out for the draw, but if it is level with not long to go then almost impossible to stop players playing for it.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I wonder how much when it got to the last twenty yesterday Forest were thinking 'yea, actually a draw is ok' and then ended up losing.

Bottom line, I worry if we go out for the draw, but if it is level with not long to go then almost impossible to stop players playing for it.

We'll still be looking for a win but the main priority is not to concede

Just now, cityexile said:

We simply cant play for a draw. Not been able to do it all season so not the tine to try at Blackbum. Our away record this season says we lose the game anyway so lets just go for it and hope for the best. We are in a good position and have two winnable home games coming up so no need to panic.

18 hours ago, Malago said:

Stick or twist?   Can't see us holding out for a draw.  Got to go there all guns blazing IMO.

My concern is that Johnson now decides in 'ees infinate wisdom to tinker with the starting eleven,and baffle himself(and the players)in attempting to secure that point.

Let's go with intent from the start.

Realistically we need 4 more points to stay up, I.e. 51.  50 could do it with our goal difference, I.e. one win but not one is want to test. 

Monday is really a 'don't lose'. If we do lose It puts a lot of pressure to win the Barnsley game, as Brighton away we don't want to be needing anything. In spite of recent good form we've not been reliable over a period of games since before October. If we did lose on Monday I can see us going into Brum game needing to get a result.  That said - overall confident that through the 4 games we'll get what we need. Just maybe not in the way we expect. 

5 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Never understand when people say this. Perhaps we were just too good ? Huddersfield/Wolves managers/fans said the same......No, we just outfought/outplayed/outscored you. 

We did play well but they were useless.

Archived