IGNORED

taylor and patto

leadman

Just now, JHAGa said:

I think they complement eachother very well on the pitch. Been really impressed with the two of them over the last two games.

Taylor is an odd one for me. He is excellent at the indirect stuff - making space, harassing, being a nuisance. His first touch is shockingly bad though. He just cannot consistently bring the ball in. 

Right now he's a big asset because we are playing with a bit of verve. He's going to need a lot of training on his technique before he's a good championship striker though I feel

Just now, 29AR said:

Taylor is an odd one for me. He is excellent at the indirect stuff - making space, harassing, being a nuisance. His first touch is shockingly bad though. He just cannot consistently bring the ball in. 

Right now he's a big asset because we are playing with a bit of verve. He's going to need a lot of training on his technique before he's a good championship striker though I feel

Only his second season in the football league, remember. I imagine it's a big step up for him but I feel he's settled really well, works hard and has played a key role when featured. Coming into a struggling side with a bit of pressure following the inter-city move. I feel like his sheer presence and movement helps us out an abundance, especially giving Tammy more space. I think he will only improve and for the fee we paid, will always be great value! Rovers have certainly missed his goals.

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You get a goalscorer next to Taylor and his signing makes sense because as you said he drags the defenders where they don't want to go,if we don't have a scorer next to him we are paddling up crap creek next season 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You get a goalscorer next to Taylor and his signing makes sense because as you said he drags the defenders where they don't want to go,if we don't have a scorer next to him we are paddling up crap creek next season 

His record suggests he is very much a goal scorer.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

Not at this level.

His control is pretty awful, but works hard and complements Tammy well.

It didn't at league 2 level last season, didn't a league 1 level this season. Players take time making that step up. He's so obviously a goal scorer

You make your own luck. Taylor has had 4 assists in the last two games. No, he's not had a great first touch on a number of occasions, but he's been first to the ball. Give him a full pre season and I believe he'll grow into the role. You can't teach goalscoring, you have it or you don't. I think his record suggests he has. Look at his penalty record..... that takes confidence and calmness.  And how the **** can anyone be talking down next season's chances? Surely they can limit the moaning to this season for a little while yet.... or isn't there enough to keep moaning about there?

50 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Jack Charlton being very much like Aden Flint in that era, asked Alf Ramsey why he was picking him for the England team.

Alf's reply was...... I don't pick the best players, I pick the best team.

They both went on to win the World Cup.

Taylor in this team works.

I think Taylor has been very mature in his attitude, he must be desperate to score himself yet showed he was unselfish many times today. He's not the finished article and different from what I thought we were getting having listened to Gashead mates. He makes space for the team and we look better and more creative for it. Taylor & Duric next season I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I like Taylor. Gets in good positions . Seems to create space for himself. Seems an intelligent footballer . His touch at the vital time let him down today. But I would play him last 4 games. Needs a goal to get him going. But I like what I see 

So do I. 

His hard work earned him two assists yesterday's and his through ball to Patterson was sublime.

As you say he needs a goal. Hopefully he'll get one on Monday.

14 hours ago, 29AR said:

I can't remember exactly how old he is - 25 or so - but he's past the age of being able to be coached how to trap the bloody ball. Jeez. There's better control on The Downs week in, week out. He's league One, max, is Taylor. He can't blame the pitch, either. Mind, Tammy isn't the best, either, but he "knows where the goal is". Taylor doesn't even know where the barbers is. 

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I could watch that through ball that put Pato in 100 times and not get bored with it. If that was someone in the premier league Sky would be creaming themselves over it.

The build up to the goal was superb, from Fielding passing the ball out to the finish and you're right, if that was in the Premier League................

17 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Only his second season in the football league, remember. I imagine it's a big step up for him but I feel he's settled really well, works hard and has played a key role when featured. Coming into a struggling side with a bit of pressure following the inter-city move. I feel like his sheer presence and movement helps us out an abundance, especially giving Tammy more space. I think he will only improve and for the fee we paid, will always be great value! Rovers have certainly missed his goals.

This is a good point, and I need to remember this myself. Alongside Tammy, that's an inexperienced league front pair. Coming into a situation like we were in early Feb cannot have helped much either.

2 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I can't remember exactly how old he is - 25 or so - but he's past the age of being able to be coached how to trap the bloody ball. Jeez. There's better control on The Downs week in, week out. He's league One, max, is Taylor. He can't blame the pitch, either. Mind, Tammy isn't the best, either, but he "knows where the goal is". Taylor doesn't even know where the barbers is. 

:gasmask:

Archived