IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Fishponds_Red

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would personally give it to Smith. But pack was excellent. They're the partnership for the rest of this season and next season for me. What I like about pack is he does not stop running. Wins a lot of ball. And he is never injured it seems and never even looks tired. One thing I give credit to Johnson for is sorting out packs game. No more pointless Hollywood passes. Its a simple game, and he does the simple things very well. 

Not for me. 2 seasons at this level and 2 relegation battles. I'd actually say neither of them have been that consistent either. They've both had hot and cold spells. To be fair Korey had the injury. Both on their day are very good players at this level, but not seeing it enough in either. I hope we keep looking to improve midfield. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon korey was excellent all of last season. Quite literally in every game he was brilliant. This season, like you say he has been injured. But now he's back to this best and looks a class championship player. As for pack, I thought he was poor under cotterill. But I think under Johnson he improved hugely at the end of last season. Played a huge part in keeping us up. This season I think he's had some good games, and probably been one of our better players. He just hasnt really played enough. They haven't really played together before wolves this season, and going by these last 2 games, they are the answer. 

Fair enough I was going be impression of how much they played together but hands up if I'm wrong. If so yes perhaps they are next year's answer. 

Even as starters I'm not sure it's enough, I'd want someone as good to rotate. I still think Joe B is worth persevering with there too. His attacking instinct in the middle is there. His goal against Ville for example. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Awesome performance from Marlon today.....class act, great vision and passing, got stuck in as well....he's a solid championship midfielder...

And he's got a big bruise on his head in the post match interview. Top, top bloke and one of the first names on my team sheet tbh always has been.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Not for me. 2 seasons at this level and 2 relegation battles. I'd actually say neither of them have been that consistent either. They've both had hot and cold spells. To be fair Korey had the injury. Both on their day are very good players at this level, but not seeing it enough in either. I hope we keep looking to improve midfield. 

A bit harsh, but would agree that they both need to up their games even more to be truely good Championship players. Need to dominate away from AG as well . 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Awesome performance from Marlon today.....class act, great vision and passing, got stuck in as well....he's a solid championship midfielder...

Totally agree. If for whatever reason, he gets left out of the picture here, I am willing to bet anything that there will be a number of Championships clubs in the hunt. A fair number

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Last season Smith and Pack were the best performers for me so was a bit gutted when we signed GON and broke up their partnership.

Good to see them clicking again after the last two games.

GO'N was a good signing on paper. Can't saya lot more really, injuries have been a big disappointment

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

I'd agree with you if they'd have been the midfielders all year but they haven't. They've barely played together this year. Though I would start Pack and a more box to box midfielder with goals in them. Korey was fantastic today but need a goal threat in there imo. Pack is our best midfielder

What impressed me so much about Pack today was that he was class from the first minute and kept it up for the 95.  Everything he did he did well.  Usually he starts a bit slow, a few missplaced passes in the first 10-20 mins but grows into the game, and has a really strong second half.  Today he was at it from the KO.  He would walk into at least 17 other championship teams starting 11.  Dunno who LJ should partner him with long term,  Smiths been awsome since his return to CM but we need more goals from that position than those two will offer. 

He is different gravy when he plays alongside Korey Smith. He clearly has the best passing vision of anyone at the club, we failed him by playing him alongside the likes of Gary O'Neil or Bobby Reid for most of his games this season, where he ends up retreating as the ball winning midfielder forced to turn backwards and do the dirty work. Put him alongside King Korey, and he instinctively knows he can trust that there is a safety net for him to start to ping the football about.

I like Pack, after Kodjia I felt he was our best player last season, especially towards the end when Smith was injured. Great finish, good in the air, good vision, mobility is a bit lacking but with Brownhill and Smith around him it doesn't get exposed. He needs to play as part of a midifeld 3 (which did essentially did despite the 4-4-2) and when he does he is class. 

Archived