IGNORED

Best Tannoy Announcement Ever

Slack Bladder

33 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm sure I didn't dream this but...

Back in the early 90's, West Ham at home on a Tuesday evening, they were dicking us to the enjoyment of their fans when a PA announcement went out about quarter past 9 to inform them that the last train to London had been cancelled and they were stranded.

Yep, followed by taunts of "We're going home, we're going home, you're not, you're not !"

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I was most confused how someone could have locked their car but still have the engine running? Like doesn't it go off when you either take the key out or walk away from the car (if it's keyless) 

I walked into a local bar (er in Spain) Where a bloke had been sat at the bar for two hours with his car engine still running outside!!!

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

Quite liked the 8 yr old who'd supported City for 10 yrs as well.

Bristolian's grow up quicker than the rest of the country.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I was most confused how someone could have locked their car but still have the engine running? Like doesn't it go off when you either take the key out or walk away from the car (if it's keyless) 

I've done this loads of times, mostly in the wintertime at -40. Go out and start the car to let it warm up, accidentally lock it and walk away. Then come back to leave work, and realize that my keys are locked in it.

Had a nice tab going with the locksmith for a few months :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, New2City said:

I've done this loads of times, mostly in the wintertime at -40. Go out and start the car to let it warm up, accidentally lock it and walk away. Then come back to leave work, and realize that my keys are locked in it.

Had a nice tab going with the locksmith for a few months :facepalm:

But don't you need the key to lock it? As in in your hand? I genuinely don't know how you can do it. 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

But don't you need the key to lock it? As in in your hand? I genuinely don't know how you can do it. 

No, just push the lock button on the door. Thankfully, my new car is quite a bit smarter than cars back in the old days, which is good for me :)... now if my car is running, the door will not lock, just to prevent these types of incidents.

I have auto-start on my car as well now, so I can start it with the push of a button, within about a half-mile or so, so safely inside where it's nice and warm.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm sure I didn't dream this but...

Back in the early 90's, West Ham at home on a Tuesday evening, they were dicking us to the enjoyment of their fans when a PA announcement went out about quarter past 9 to inform them that the last train to London had been cancelled and they were stranded.

Like everyone else old enough, this sounds really familiar. At the time it sounded like a way of getting back at those gloating away, gobby cockneys.  yeah i'm sure this did happen . would have nwever remembered the team though

1 hour ago, leadman said:

the gas announced Bristol city sub, JUNIOR BENT, he then said  AND HE PROBABLY IS

I am guessing that was some years ago as that would be a guaranteed sacking offence in the modern world.

Probably with a visit from the old bill for committing a hate crime.

9 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

If it was a Hillman Minx it might not be keyless Dolls.

8 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It may well have been deliberate; you only need the key to be in range to both open and start the car.

So it could be in your front room as you drive away. You then arrive at AG, realise that you don't have the key, and your options are either turn around and drive home for it or to leave the engine running and the doors unlocked.

5 hours ago, redsfan said:

I am guessing that was some years ago as that would be a guaranteed sacking offence in the modern world.

Probably with a visit from the old bill for committing a hate crime.

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I got a feeling that freak with the mop of grey hair got the bullet for that statement in fairness to the Rovers.

He did - 

Keith Valle

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He did - 

Keith Valle

But his other quote was quite good.

It was a Christmas fixture at Trumpton and the ref had been particularly bad from a Rovers viewpoint.  As the final whistle blew, the same announcer responded, "The referee is available for pantomime bookings."

A booking was made but with the FA if I remember correctly.

8 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

But his other quote was quite good.

It was a Christmas fixture at Trumpton and the ref had been particularly bad from a Rovers viewpoint.  As the final whistle blew, the same announcer responded, "The referee is available for pantomime bookings."

A booking was made but with the FA if I remember correctly.

Also read out Gary Flitcroft as 'Gary Flip Flop'

Always thought he was a clown but the blue few lapped it up - says it all really

Have a feeling he had a dramatic fall from grace a while after, if memory serves me right

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If it was a Hillman Minx it might not be keyless Dolls.

Havana, now thats stirring memories. My Granddad lived in Somerdale Ave, Knowle and used to pick up mum, dad and me and my brother on a sunday night and take us to the Lord Nelson in Cleeve. We sat in his Hillman Minx with a bottle of pop and straw and a bag of Smiths Crisps. Happy Days

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Havana, now thats stirring memories. My Granddad lived in Somerdale Ave, Knowle and used to pick up mum, dad and me and my brother on a sunday night and take us to the Lord Nelson in Cleeve. We sat in his Hillman Minx with a bottle of pop and straw and a bag of Smiths Crisps. Happy Days

My mum had a Hillman Minx. She loved it but she had to scrap it when it went kaput. Then she got a Triumph 2500. It had a black roof and a white chassis and went like stink...

Mother always liked big cars. Now she drives a Fabia!

Archived