IGNORED

Best Tannoy Announcement Ever

Slack Bladder

I was at a Twickenham 7,'s tournament  and the announcer informed the crowd that the world indoor pole vault record had been broken at the National  indoor stadium. The jumper cleared 7mtrs but unfortunately   the roof is only 6.5 mtrs

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Nice to hear The Monkees before KO

That's what I thought. Could be just be a coincidence, or was it a slight hint to the fans to sing the Ian Holloway song? 

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

The Mr Pete Boro announcement will go down as the greatest

When some fella was announced over the tannoy, informing them their wife had locked herself out the house. Definitely had some good uns over the years.

Mike Hunt in the Dolman, I remember that one clearly

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That's what I thought. Could be just be a coincidence, or was it a slight hint to the fans to sing the Ian Holloway song? 

We've done this before. I love singing that song to him, I was going to request it but I forgot so I was very happy @Tim Sremembered

Just now, Dollymarie said:

I was most confused how someone could have locked their car but still have the engine running? Like doesn't it go off when you either take the key out or walk away from the car (if it's keyless) 

Probably had been nicked and hotwired.

or

LJ had it ordered as a special addition to allow him to get away quicker.

Just now, Dollymarie said:

I was most confused how someone could have locked their car but still have the engine running? Like doesn't it go off when you either take the key out or walk away from the car (if it's keyless) 

Could it have been a certain Mr. Holloway's motor... hoping to get away quick

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Yes Dolls, but if you, maybe, somehow, look at the logics .....................ah never mind

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Years ago, before mobile phones became commonplace, I remember an announcement for someone to "please return home, as your wife has gone into labour", to much cheering from the crowd. 

My Dad was called out of a reserve game when I was born.:yes:

14 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

My Mrs managed to lock herself out of her car with the engine running, last week :yes:.

She got out of her car to put a letter in a postbox and the doors locked before she got back.

Many many years ago when I was at university in Colchester a group of us used to go and watch Colchester United regularly to get our football fix cos they did student season tickets for a tenner and it was a long way to Oakwell on a student grant. If anyone remembers Layer Road, it was very close to a big army barracks and this was late 80s when the IRA were active and security was tight.

Anyhoo, someone had parked in the entrance to the barracks and left their car there. Cue tannoy annoucement:

*crackle* would the owner of a vehicle <reg> parked outside the barracks please return to their vehicle IMMEDIATELY otherwise it will be blown up *crackle*

It raised a cheer :)

I'm sure I didn't dream this but...

Back in the early 90's, West Ham at home on a Tuesday evening, they were dicking us to the enjoyment of their fans when a PA announcement went out about quarter past 9 to inform them that the last train to London had been cancelled and they were stranded.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Back in the early 90's, West Ham at home on a Tuesday evening, they were dicking us to the enjoyment of their fans when a PA announcement went out about quarter past 9 to inform them that the last train to London had been cancelled and they were stranded.

Rings a bell with me too. Long time ago now mind you!

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If my memory is correct it was along the lines of "the x time train has been cancelled and if you want to get the last train back to London you'll have to leave now"

but I may be wrong....

Archived