IGNORED

Melt down at BCFC, fans want manager out, players fighting...

cityexile

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2204984,page=1

From sixth in December to 4 points outside the drop zone, players fighting allegedly after the whistle today, fans worried they are going to go down, want the manager out because he has 'clearly lost the dressing room', all this after changing their manager.

Welcome to...Birmingham. 

Just now, Selred said:

All depends on if Blackburn can get the 4 points to overtake Birmingham. Massive game for Blackburn against us.

If we get done by Blackburn on Monday, going to be 3 or 4 teams all within a point or two of each other. Not going to lie, had hoped they had got stuffed today. Still no real room for error for us. May well take more than 50 points if we lose.

Their game at home to Burton on Monday will be a big one; regardless of tonight's result, Brum lose that and they will be in it - three games to go, and no more than four points from the drop zone.

Nothing to suggest they'd beat a reinvigorated Villa next week, nor Huddersfield the next game, so even if we are safe by the time they come to Ashton Gate, it really could be win or go.

Reaults on Monday will be interesting.

They are very fortunate there is only 4 games to go, the end of the season might just be close enough to save them. It'd be funny to see Zola take them down, but there's no way Blackburn deserve to survive this season.

The pigs Sheffield United fans seem to think they're in for an easy ride next season, they are in for a real shock if they think their current squad is anywhere near good enough. Some big clubs down the bottom these days.

6 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

They are very fortunate there is only 4 games to go, the end of the season might just be close enough to save them. It'd be funny to see Zola take them down, but there's no way Blackburn deserve to survive this season.

The pigs Sheffield United fans seem to think they're in for an easy ride next season, they are in for a real shock if they think their current squad is anywhere near good enough. Some big clubs down the bottom these days.

My money on the blades going straight back down. Championship is ruthless

Thought Rotherham would be the game they more or less cement themselves in the championship. Would be brilliant in a way if they had to get a result against us to stay up (and we're safe of course)

They still have Villa to play to. But I suspect they'll scrape a win somewhere and be fine.

35 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Agreed on both counts. If there were another 3 or 4 games on top of the remaining ones then Birmingham would go down.

As for your neighbours, they've walked that division in a similar manner to us a couple of years ago. For various reasons that have been done to death on here we didn't strengthen properly that summer, so started the next season with the bulk of the team that got us promoted and were soon struggling. The step up is bigger than people think, stuff we could get away with in L1 is punished at this level and they'll find the same. I'm not saying they'll necessarily go down, but they'll be in the bottom third.

8 hours ago, gl1 said:

Didn't they send us down last time?

surely it couldn't happen again, but this time in reverse. Could it?

They officially relegated us in 1998 aswell when they beat us 2-1 at Ashton Gate. 

My best mate is a blue nose and he has had bragging rights twice for relegating us 

9 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I said this last week their run in is horrendous...live zola as a player but he is never a manager

1 win in 10 and, i think, 2 in 23 since he arrived. Sacking Rowett and appointing Zola makes Charlton's gaffe in 'kicking on', all those years ago, start to look mildly less criminal by the week. If they go down it will surely be in the top 3 'Gaffe's of all Time' by a football club.

6 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Thought Rotherham would be the game they more or less cement themselves in the championship. Would be brilliant in a way if they had to get a result against us to stay up (and we're safe of course)

They still have Villa to play to. But I suspect they'll scrape a win somewhere and be fine.

A draw at Rotherham was a hopeless result for Brum. 

56 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

They officially relegated us in 1998 aswell when they beat us 2-1 at Ashton Gate. 

My best mate is a blue nose and he has had bragging rights twice for relegating us 

Was not aware of this; hope they take Blackburn's spot now but we must beat the latter on Monday come what may.

And...Birmingham boss Gianfranco Zola says an argument between several players after the draw at Rotherham was "normal". 

That is now and this was then.. back in February:-

Despite beginning and ending the month of February with wins, Zola’s team are lagging way behind the Premier League promotion chasers. They currently sit in 14th place, a whopping 17 points off of sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday. At least the team is a pretty long way from the relegation zone as well.

Though things are really bad for the Sardinia-native at the moment, he did receive some support. According to The Mirror David Davis (who scored the winner over Wolves) went public to state that he and the rest of the team are backing the embattled manager. Well that’s something, I suppose. But don’t expect that to save Zola’s job if Birmingham lose the majority of their games in March.

Well, they did and he didn't; lose his job. They have continued to lose into April and he is still in position; maybe the Chinese are taking consultations from Bristol Sport.

8 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Very true.

I watched the blades at Swindon a few weeks back and to be honest I thought they were poor that night. When you consider how poor Swindon are and how crap the Div 1 standard appears to be they will need to invest heavily just to stay up.

I just had a look at the championship predictor and although I don't see Brum getting much, I am struggling to see where Blackburn might get enough points, unless they beat us of course! They might be lucky in that the rest of their remaining games are against mid table teams.

8 hours ago, myol'man said:

My money on the blades going straight back down. Championship is ruthless

9 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

I remember us saying that to the Barnsley fans at the start of the season.

I also thought Burton would be certs for relegation.

No reason why Sheff U can't survive in this league.

Archived