IGNORED

Can we agree to avoid this?

Port Said Red

10 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Thought this when SS started being banded about... then realised that plenty of things have the initials SS. 

Never heard the SS Great Britain having an issue with dodgy initialing... so SS it is... 

Lansdown hasn't been abbreviated I note though. Occasionally see WS or the block specifics such as W7 but never LS... Dolman or Atyeo aren't abbreviated either.

@Badger can you get Steve hurry up and name the SS so we can stop the use of the initials please? I say the Murray-Carey Stand... Double barrelled for the poshies. :yes:

The Beryl Fudge Stand

10 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

How about renaming the South Stand the Wedlock Stand in recognition of a former Bristol City legend?

Not long until someone mentions calling it the Mickey Bell End......

.doh....

I'll get me coat

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Some of those horses that people have got on are a bit high! The OP was meant in jest, I  was thinking that after a couple of wins there might be a sense of humour returning. :)

Thanks for clarifying PSR, my horse Silver Star was getting a little concerned about some political affiliations he wasn't aware of

This is what Otib should be like next season, from about the middle of November onwards, if Johnson earns his wage and does an average, steady job; what this season should've been like, from about the middle of November onwards, if Johnson etc, etc......ie, looking for things to talk/argue about and discuss, as we sit comfortably midtable not troubling either end of the table. Instead of picking the head coach/majority owner/team/each other apart for months on end

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

This is what Otib should be like next season, from about the middle of November onwards, if Johnson earns his wage and does an average, steady job; what this season should've been like, from about the middle of November onwards, if Johnson etc, etc......ie, looking for things to talk/argue about and discuss, as we sit comfortably midtable not troubling either end of the table. Instead of picking the head coach/majority owner/team/each other apart for months on end

I can't wait for that, it will still take LJ and SL a long time to get me 100% back on side after this seasons omnishambles though.

(monorail would go a long way though...)

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was thinking the Dolly Marie stand, then all the "boys" could go on about being back in their DMS. :)

PSR, as lovely as our Dolls is, and she has helped with a number of queries for me over the last few years, those who knew Beryl can remember a fun loving, cuddly lady whose name should live on forever at AG :city:

26 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

PSR, as lovely as our Dolls is, and she has helped with a number of queries for me over the last few years, those who knew Beryl can remember a fun loving, cuddly lady whose name should live on forever at AG :city:

I totally agree OSR, she was a lovely lady.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I was thinking the Dolly Marie stand, then all the "boys" could go on about being back in their DMS. :)

I thought the blokes would say something ruder. Something about "being in Dolly Marie"... 

I'm sorry. My mind is in filth mode atm...

:facepalm:

12 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

SS is an acronym, nothing more.

In the context of Bristol City Football club, it might refer to some fan called Simon Smith (would he have to change his name if someone took exception to him being referred to as SS?), a player, a board member, a stand, etc.

I'm not aware of anyone called Schutzstaffel at Bristol City so I really don't think SS is a problem. And, personally, I'm not aware of any Nazi affiliations in the club either.

At what time did OTIB become affiliated to the PC brigade?

And to keep in fitting with this thread, here come the language Nazis.

SS is not an acronym, it is an initialism.

:P

20 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

A friend asked me on a text which stand I was in next season and I was about to abbreviate South Stand to 2 letters when I realised how it looked!!

Perhaps we can come up with an option without the awkward connotations?

Perhaps rather than abbreviating we should call it Night of the long knives or if you prefer  die Nacht der langen Messer

Archived