IGNORED

Can we agree to avoid this?

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

A friend asked me on a text which stand I was in next season and I was about to abbreviate South Stand to 2 letters when I realised how it looked!!

Perhaps we can come up with an option without the awkward connotations?

Steam Ship?  SS Great Britain?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

A friend asked me on a text which stand I was in next season and I was about to abbreviate South Stand to 2 letters when I realised how it looked!!

having thought about this we need

South

Ashton

Gate

Stand

not

24 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Perhaps I'm having a brain fart, but how is SS abbreviated to mean something rude or an innuendo of sorts? Thanks.

Hitler's paramilitary. Everything has to be compared to the Nazis nowadays. ;)

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The option that everybody else has already come up with is to accept that the initials of South Stand are SS.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Thought this when SS started being banded about... then realised that plenty of things have the initials SS. 

Never heard the SS Great Britain having an issue with dodgy initialing... so SS it is... 

Lansdown hasn't been abbreviated I note though. Occasionally see WS or the block specifics such as W7 but never LS... Dolman or Atyeo aren't abbreviated either.

@Badger can you get Steve hurry up and name the SS so we can stop the use of the initials please? I say the Murray-Carey Stand... Double barrelled for the poshies. :yes:

SS is an acronym, nothing more.

In the context of Bristol City Football club, it might refer to some fan called Simon Smith (would he have to change his name if someone took exception to him being referred to as SS?), a player, a board member, a stand, etc.

I'm not aware of anyone called Schutzstaffel at Bristol City so I really don't think SS is a problem. And, personally, I'm not aware of any Nazi affiliations in the club either.

At what time did OTIB become affiliated to the PC brigade?

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Thought this when SS started being banded about... then realised that plenty of things have the initials SS. 

Never heard the SS Great Britain having an issue with dodgy initialing... so SS it is... 

Lansdown hasn't been abbreviated I note though. Occasionally see WS or the block specifics such as W7 but never LS... Dolman or Atyeo aren't abbreviated either.

@Badger can you get Steve hurry up and name the SS so we can stop the use of the initials please? I say the Murray-Carey Stand... Double barrelled for the poshies. :yes:

Can we have Bas Savage as a third player so we can shorten it to MC Savage? 

6 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

SS is an acronym, nothing more.

In the context of Bristol City Football club, it might refer to some fan called Simon Smith (would he have to change his name if someone took exception to him being referred to as SS?), a player, a board member, a stand, etc.

I'm not aware of anyone called Schutzstaffel at Bristol City so I really don't think SS is a problem. And, personally, I'm not aware of any Nazi affiliations in the club either.

At what time did OTIB become affiliated to the PC brigade?

We both have red and white connections. There's a conspiracy I tell thee. 

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Just as well we don't have a stand with the initials SA. Things could get proper naughty on a Tuesday night then....A Night of the Long Knives even.

Well, after Hollowhead's intervention, perhaps it could be known as the Shit Atyeo stand ?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Some of those horses that people have got on are a bit high! The OP was meant in jest, I  was thinking that after a couple of wins there might be a sense of humour returning. :)

I think you'll find a lot of the responses to your OP are meant in jest, too. ;)

Archived