IGNORED

Tonights games

Super

Didn't go to the game, don't know even know where exactly Burton is.     Someone near Nottingham I think but for a 7.45 start on a Good Friday ?, not a chance.

All I know is, what just happened up there makes it safe for us without any shadow of doubt.   We'll be starting ANOTHER season in the second tier - so many now it seems like Dinosaurs were roaming the land since we were last part of the top division - but the most important thing right now is we've finally averted any last relegation worries.

The stats would indicate we were perhaps fortunate to win tonight but no Town, City or even Blackburn fans will care much for that this evening.    Saw the score with Queens Park Rangers today and Ashton Gate must have been a venue of tension as the game neared it's finish but that victory will go a long way to keeping the club up this season.    Just make sure you get another win in the remaining games to be sure of staying up, that alone should be enough.

Just now, Southend Blue said:

Didn't go to the game, don't know even know where exactly Burton is.     Someone near Nottingham I think but for a 7.45 start on a Good Friday ?, not a chance.

All I know is, what just happened up there makes it safe for us without any shadow of doubt.   We'll be starting ANOTHER season in the second tier - so many now it seems like Dinosaurs were roaming the land since we were last part of the top division - but the most important thing right now is we've finally averted any last relegation worries.

The stats would indicate we were perhaps fortunate to win tonight but no Town, City or even Blackburn fans will care much for that this evening.    Saw the score with Queens Park Rangers today and Ashton Gate must have been a venue of tension as the game neared it's finish but that victory will go a long way to keeping the club up this season.    Just make sure you get another win in the remaining games to be sure of staying up, that alone should be enough.

Not really any tension. They scored almost when time was up.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Very quiet here tonight innit? Do you reckon we've been winning or something?

No ones happy here unless there is something to moan about. Since we won today, there is pretty much nothing to moan about. That and probs the fact that probably a lot of posters are currently too pished as a result to bother posting, however having said that, that doesnt stop them in the droves if we had lost now would it ;) 

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

No ones happy here unless there is something to moan about. Since we won today, there is pretty much nothing to moan about. That and probs the fact that probably a lot of posters are currently too pished as a result to bother posting, however having said that, that doesnt stop them in the droves if we had lost now would it ;) 

A shame really. i've critisised LJ ,SL but i'll admit it,  i am really, really happy that they are keeping us up after all or so it looks. I'll settle for that, cant see why others wont

Ive always believed in credit where it is due. We got ****** at Preston and there seemed to be little or no hope.  They did something that has probably saved our status in the Championship. Hats off to that, maybe its me I dont know

6 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Got to change that avatar, Crazy  :laugh: pretty distracting

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

A shame really. i've critisised LJ ,SL but i'll admit it,  i am really, really happy that they are keeping us up after all or so it looks. I'll settle for that, cant see why others wont

Ive always believed in credit where it is due. We got ****** at Preston and there seemed to be little or no hope.  They did something that has probably saved our status in the Championship. Hats off to that, maybe its me I dont know

I'll admit, like many I'd believe, I was pretty angry after the Preston result, and was roaring (not on here but to myself) calling for LJ to just disappear. But respect to the players for having between them deciding to refund those who went to the Preston game, and I know its been only 2 games since, but if you look at what the team can do on their day, its a wonder really why they havent put in more effort during the rest of the season. So perhaps its not just LJ, but the players as well.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Got to change that avatar, Crazy  :laugh: pretty distracting

Awww whats wrong with Kozo the Purple Hippo? :P

Just now, CrazyInWeston said:

I'll admit, like many I'd believe, I was pretty angry after the Preston result, and was roaring (not on here but to myself) calling for LJ to just disappear. But respect to the players for having between them deciding to refund those who went to the Preston game, and I know its been only 2 games since, but if you look at what the team can do on their day, its a wonder really why they havent put in more effort during the rest of the season.

Awww whats wrong with Kozo the Purple Hippo? :P

No, it's more what he is doing with his left hand

I don't like Leeds and think their fans are lowlifes but I'm glad Newcastle had victory snatched from them at the death - I find the whole "Geordie Nation" thing extremely tedious, as is sports writers and commentators always droning on about what great fans the Toon army are and how they follow the club through thick and thin.

What about Brighton fans? - 20 years ago they almost dropped out of the league completely and played in Kent for years. They'll probably take the title now and good luck to them.

The results went our way yesterday. Ok, not Blackburn.  Five teams fighting to avoid relegation and think we have the best chanse to avoid it. Predicted early season Rotherham, Wigan and Burton down. Been in Burton couple of years ago, leauge two. In a way I want they to stay up. Small club who is in the same leauge as Newcastle, Villa, Leeds etc. Two important wins for us now. Its not over yet but think we will make it. Coyr!!!

Archived