IGNORED

hollowhead and the fourth official

cityred exile

Anybody else note for some 10/15 mins see these two in deep conversation around 25/30 mins before kick off ?   ihave just note in the programme  it was Simon Hooper  from Wiltshire I Have heard in years gone by that  he is a gas head ! Do we think our favourite manager was  keeping him sweet ?

2 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Anybody else note for some 10/15 mins see these two in deep conversation around 25/30 mins before kick off ?   ihave just note in the programme  it was Simon Hooper  from Wiltshire I Have heard in years gone by that  he is a gas head ! Do we think our favourite manager was  keeping him sweet ?

Cant be true - he referee'd the derby in 2013. Think I read he supports Swindon.

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

Hope he is gAsss. Then they've all had a shit day.

I noticed he spent a lot of time before the game smoozing with him, fat lot of good it did him though!

I did think it was quite unusual though, and a bit unprofessional on both parts. Say a quick hello if they know eachother but leave the matey catchup chats until after the game.

6 hours ago, Super said:

Really does my head in all managers moaning to the 4th official. Just ditch them they do sod all anyway!

Yeah, always gets me. As if the 4th official can change a decision and in the worst case scenario he'll say to the ref that the manager is being a pain in the arse and get him sent off. 

Remember seeing an interview with Cotts where he said that he'd regularly say to the 4th official "I feel sorry for you because you've done nothing wrong and are getting stick but your mate in the middle is having a shocker".

12 hours ago, RedReynard said:

Heard Holloway say to the forth official when we stalled the free kick near the end that "The f****** Ref should be wearing a red shirt". Fourth official laughed. Should have been booked just to add to the pantomime........... boo yeah boo

Is that what he means by class? 

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, always gets me. As if the 4th official can change a decision and in the worst case scenario he'll say to the ref that the manager is being a pain in the arse and get him sent off. 

Remember seeing an interview with Cotts where he said that he'd regularly say to the 4th official "I feel sorry for you because you've done nothing wrong and are getting stick but your mate in the middle is having a shocker".

You'd think that , but for me, the most interesting part of the Holden / JM 'interview' was when Holden talked about having to have someone close to 4th official as the opposition management team will be in his ear all game , and thus presumably we ,and all sides , do the same 

They must believe they can influence events on the pitch , which does seem bizarre - I can't believe that even with their headsets that the 4th official is passing their comments on !!!!

8.00m in

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

You'd think that but the most interesting part of the Holden / JM 'interview' was when he talked about having to have someone close to 4th official as the opposition management team will be in his ear all game and thus presumably we and all sides do the same 

They must believe they can influence events on the pitch which does seem bizarre - I can't believe that even with their headsets that the 4th official is passing their comments on !!!!

It's football's version of "respect" 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You'd think that , but for me, the most interesting part of the Holden / JM 'interview' was when Holden talked about having to have someone close to 4th official as the opposition management team will be in his ear all game , and thus presumably we ,and all sides , do the same 

They must believe they can influence events on the pitch , which does seem bizarre - I can't believe that even with their headsets that the 4th official is passing their comments on !!!!

Often the 4th official is watching the game like any football fan watching a game, naturally they have their own opinions on things and when the ref/lino makes a mistake and you're in their ear and they agree with you they can certainly give off the impression to the ref that he's wrong. 

Archived