IGNORED

How does daryl Clarkes mother feel?

The Humble Realist

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

You sure? I was there and would have been outraged if I'd heard anything like that, but thus is the first I've ever even heard it mentioned. All I can remember is 'Joe Jordan's red & white army' being belted out incessantly for pretty much the whole game.

I remember that.

On 15/04/2017 at 09:37, The Humble Realist said:

OK so I've had a bit of stick for my opening post and that's fair enough ..everyone is entitled to their opinion ..

Im not actually offended by the song in any way (although I wouldn't sing it personally ) ...but thought I'd float the concept out there as it's one thing singing about someone e.g. Clarke , Holloway etc but why take it onto another individual. 

If barnsley fans who despise LJ next week start singing vile songs about gary johnsons health will the same fans telling me to lighten up be spitting venom towards the away end?

Note: it's a hypothetical questions...I don't expect barnsley to do anything of the sort

But what about all 'hate' that I've no doubt is aimed at our manager / head coach by any number of opposition teams supporters & even our own supporters?

Have you cared to ask how LJ how he feels about all the nasty worded songs that are aimed at him?

Rightly or wrongly, this is football & aiming abuse at anybody associated with an opposing team has been the norm for many many years, it's very rare that you will find anything sung or chanted that is filled with actual hate or the words are actually meant to cause upset but on the rare occasion the line is overstepped, many football fans will make their feelings known & basically 'police' what's acceptable & what's not.

The 'old skool' football fans are being drawn out of the game as it is due to varying reasons, like lack of atmosphere & having a lighthearted laugh at someone else's expense taken away from them, people really need to lighten up a bit, we really aren't the only club who's fans sing songs with nasty words in them, honestly.

Archived