IGNORED

How does daryl Clarkes mother feel?

The Humble Realist

I wonder if she knows she is called a whore every week ? 

I wonder how it makes her feel to know that every week thousands of our fans call her a whore just months after losing her husband ?

I wonder why we sing this about gas managers and whether even for football fans we should be a little more grown up?

I wonder whether any of the above questions really matter and I should lighten up a bit but having watched city for almost 20 yrs I've heard us sing this over and over again and thought we should be better than calling someone's mother a whore...

I've got my tin hat ready.....

Never heard anyone call Dopey's mum anything. Nor would I repeat it if I did.

Only stuff I've ever heard is the stuff about dogs - which I STILL can't find out how it came about! Does Dopey have some ban on animal keeping or something? Was he pictured walking his mutt and it escalated from there?

5 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Thought it was his dad....this is kind of my point though....it's quite a personal song 

It was his grandma who was either seriously ill or died . His grandmother brought him up so he treated her as his mum. He's been estranged from his mother. Maybe some of the gas heads on here could verify that? What I was told by my gas head neighbour .

Just now, Spoons said:

It was his grandma who was either seriously ill or died . His grandmother brought him up so he treated her as his mum. He's been estranged from his mother. Maybe some of the gas heads on here could verify that? What I was told by my gas head neighbour .

I think- though not 100% sure- that his mum died when he was young, it certainly is true that his grandmother brought him up and she died relatively recently.

As regards to the song, well it's just a football chant that has being doing the rounds for years  isn't it. You sing it, we sing it, I don't think anyone means the words to be taken literally.

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think- though not 100% sure- that his mum died when he was young, it certainly is true that his grandmother brought him up and she died relatively recently.

As regards to the song, well it's just a football chant that has being doing the rounds for years  isn't it. You sing it, we sing it, I don't think anyone means the words to be taken literally.

By my count your last dozen Managers have had mothers with a similar profession........... What are the chances? :)

33 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Never heard anyone call Dopey's mum anything. Nor would I repeat it if I did.

Only stuff I've ever heard is the stuff about dogs - which I STILL can't find out how it came about! Does Dopey have some ban on animal keeping or something? Was he pictured walking his mutt and it escalated from there?

She's a wh*re, she's a wh*re, Daryl Clarkes Mother is a wh*re. To the time of the old old Bradly Orr song.

Its sang most weeks so I'm surprised you've not heard it.

17 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'd agree with this, it's just generic "your mama" banter - the Italians' stock-in-trade.

Where it crosses the line is when there is targeted abuse like when Glenn Roeder had a tumour (W Ham fans), or like the Leeds scum singing about Brooklyn Beckham when he was a little kid.

52 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I wonder if she knows she is called a whore every week ? 

I wonder how it makes her feel to know that every week thousands of our fans call her a whore just months after losing her husband ?

I wonder why we sing this about gas managers and whether even for football fans we should be a little more grown up?

I wonder whether any of the above questions really matter and I should lighten up a bit but having watched city for almost 20 yrs I've heard us sing this over and over again and thought we should be better than calling someone's mother a whore...

I've got my tin hat ready.....

I cringe every time I hear this.  Some of our supporters are low life.

Just now, City Rocker said:

Rumour going around that the wanky Bristol Rovers have not in fact been to Rome to see the Pope, or anywhere in that region of southern Europe. 

I'm going to hazard a guess and say when you meet a Rovers fan you will not ask them to surrender or they will pass away

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As usual Miah complete and actual common sense from you, what the hell are you doing on the dark side?

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

She definitely died only last year. Rather poor taste to continue with that particular song, however much we may hate him.

edit,  reading some of the above replies, I may have it wrong but it was definitely reported as his mother.

Agreed. When you know his mum his dead I think it turns from tasteless chant (which I'm all for within reason) to pathetic.

BTW As Miah Dennehy thought, DC's mother died when he was young and he was brought up by his gran. And his gran died last year as MD stated. Source: Radio Bristol interview with DC that was on recently.

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Micah, why do you guys sing about your manager's mother?

Archived