IGNORED

New kit?

brizzlelou

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Get rid of the barsteward hooped socks, give him black shorts and we have a winner.

Black shorts? :/ We've traditionally worn red shorts more than black. In fact from my knowledge we've worn black shorts with our home strip as the main choice for one year in our entire history :laugh:

36 minutes ago, Spike said:

Black shorts? :/ We've traditionally worn red shorts more than black. In fact from my knowledge we've worn black shorts with our home strip as the main choice for one year in our entire history :laugh:

Just personal preference for me haha, it always evokes images of city of yesteryear, i don't know why.

On 17/04/2017 at 23:03, Keepers Ball said:

Been messing with some templates recently. Sponsor is a bit ropey but you get the idea

city away fantasy.jpg

Do You Football_Teams-Recovered.jpg

Dry World 1-9.jpg

Mizuno 1-30.jpg

away 2.jpg

Love any of the above. Especially the purple ones. 

*puts tin hat on* I don't like the half purple half green one though... ick...

10 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I'd much prefer something more modern. Tired of teams trying to do the retro thing.For what it's worth though, cracking effort!!!

Maybe it's an age thing, but to me this is not 'retro', it's what football kits look like. Classy.

This is Gerry. Be like Gerry.

394318C100000578-0-image-m-4_1476138256898.jpg.c45d4df2b7830d1565e3f48576302bf9.jpg

If Carlsberg did football kits they would probably look like the Bristol City kit from our first division days. 

Stick with one kit City.... price it at £20 and you will sell thousands. keep it the same year in year out. Flippin simples. 

The City board wonder why so few people, relatively, come to AG with a red shirt... duhhhhh.

Now that the club have manufacturing control you would think they would get it.. thick as two short planks... another missed opportunity.

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If Carlsberg did football kits they would probably look like the Bristol City kit from our first division days. 

Stick with one kit City.... price it at £20 and you will sell thousands. keep it the same year in year out. Flippin simples. 

The City board wonder why so few people, relatively, come to AG with a red shirt... duhhhhh.

Now that the club have manufacturing control you would think they would get it.. thick as two short planks... another missed opportunity.

That would literally be one of the worst business ideas ever, even for Bristol Sport!

34 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

could somebody who buys the new kit every season explain why?

I haven't had a city home shirt for about 12 years so could only guess that some see it as a collectors item or whatever.

If the shirts were cheaper I would buy one every season but im waiting for us to get a nice home shirt first!

19 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Not at AG obviously though. He would just have to unzip his coat and stroll on past with who knows what in his pockets 

Don't be so silly, if someone was sneaking something in they'd obviously leave it above all layers of clothes apart from their coats ;)

On 23/04/2017 at 21:24, yardy said:

All i hope is that they make a replica kit that fits my son (5 year old) !

Ditto. My son started football club last September when he turned 3.   

Living in South London I want him to have a bit of identity and wear a City kit because he is surrounded by the default Chelsea, and/or Palace local kits, but all I can dress him in is an England kit because the baby kit BS make is too small (obvious) and youth shirts start from a ridiculously old age. 

Missed opportunity by BS, but I'm hardly surprised given their track record.

17 hours ago, havanatopia said:

So make it cheaper AND make it last longer? Just basic economics shows why that would be a ridiculous idea.

If we sell 15k shirts at £20 then we would get £300k with no repeat business each year. Even if we sold half the amount at £45 we would get c£340k in the first year plus new shirt sales each year.

3 hours ago, kmpowell said:

Ditto. My son started football club last September when he turned 3.   

Living in South London I want him to have a bit of identity and wear a City kit because he is surrounded by the default Chelsea, and/or Palace local kits, but all I can dress him in is an England kit because the baby kit BS make is too small (obvious) and youth shirts start from a ridiculously old age. 

Missed opportunity by BS, but I'm hardly surprised given their track record.

I think the youth sizes start from age 6 - fits my 4yo fine if tucked in! 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I think the youth sizes start from age 6 - fits my 4yo fine if tucked in! 

When I looked online they only ever showed ages from 10+, so I rang the shop and they said the smallest they do is 8-10 but it's always out of stock...

Archived