IGNORED

New kit?

brizzlelou

31 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Just start taking a few hundred more away from home, then you can have a away attendance average like ours instead. 

Not to mention most a large portion of away games are about 20 minutes away for you. Plus I like to see if you can be bothered to go when you win a couple of away games in about 6 months.

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Just start taking a few hundred more away from home, then you can have a away attendance average like ours instead. 

So on essence, at the weekend more people want to escape Barnsley than Bristol? 

42 minutes ago, Rascal said:

But failing to finish above us 

Rascal, you should be at least given a polite round of applause.  

I can't be bothered to trawl all the posts during July and August of last year because I can't be bothered and I'm enjoying my Spitfire!  However, if not you, one of your colleagues did say Barnsley would finish above us. Cue massive outcry. Cue abuse. Cue cues!

So well done. No smart Alec replies from me either.....the Spitfire has relaxed me!

CHEERS!

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

But failing to finish above us 

This is the best forum I've come across. Much better than the ad driven, content less vital shit.

You're more than welcome to enjoy it with us

24 minutes ago, 054123 said:

This is the best forum I've come across. Much better than the ad driven, content less vital shit.

You're more than welcome to enjoy it with us

I'm a member of most forums, and you're right this is right up there with the best of them. 

Top five in this league are. 

Owls Talk. OTIB. PNE Online. WACCOE. & North Stand Chat. 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not really relevant, we didn't have to travel too much further than the Yorkshire clubs in total this season...

Midweek miles travelled...

Barnsley = 768

Btistol City = 1,812

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not really relevant, we didn't have to travel too much further than the Yorkshire clubs in total this season...

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We've had to travel over a thousand miles more than Barnsley actually. 3.671 miles to 2,631

Someone chats shite and states it as fact on Internet forum shocker!!

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah I noticed that too.

Amazing that Newcastle`s most local away game is over 100 miles away!

And they are swapping places with their 2 local derby teams next season! 

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Admittedly we have a bigger catchment area but we have two teams (sort of) not one. Another big thing is local football, think i'm right in saying we are one of if not the only major city where we have local football on a Saturday which takes thousand of support away from us and  the 15er's 

Surely almost every town in the country has local football on a Saturday?

Just now, MarcusX said:

When i was playing, i'm pretty sure it was mainly only Bristol. Outside London we had the most registered grassroots/park footballers than anywhere. Most big cities play Sunday mornings only, or used to anyway. I, like many played Saturdays and Sundays

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'm sure they do, although there is no getting away from the fact that Bristol has the largest playing participation in the country, outside of London. 

Having said that, there is never usually a massive increase in attendance for fixtures that deviate away from 3pm Saturday KO. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure they do, although there is no getting away from the fact that Bristol has the largest playing participation in the country, outside of London. 

Having said that, there is never usually a massive increase in attendance for fixtures that deviate away from 3pm Saturday KO. 

Probably would if it was regular though. If it was just Sunday mornings like a lot of the country i'm sure it would make a difference. I always used to go to night games or a Saturday if my game was called off or i faked injury if we had a big game :D

Archived