IGNORED

Touch of class by spurs fans today!

Spoons

I know it's not the responsibility of the elite players/clubs per se, but it always baffles me how a club can go under for so little, with the money floating around at the top of football these days. You would think the PL/FA would donate money to prevent them from going under. These clubs are the heart of communities and football fans don't deserve to lose their club due to poor ownership.

31 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I know it's not the responsibility of the elite players/clubs per se, but it always baffles me how a club can go under for so little, with the money floating around at the top of football these days. You would think the PL/FA would donate money to prevent them from going under. These clubs are the heart of communities and football fans don't deserve to lose their club due to poor ownership.

The f.a sets the rules for 'fit and proper persons test' or whatever bs box ticking form exercise it is. So SHOULD shoulder the blame and at least lend clubs like orient mine to keep going.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Barry Hearn needs to look at himself for selling up to the first bidder 

In fairness to Barry Harn, I heard him interviewed on Talksport recently about Orient's plight.

He was asked if he regretted selling , but he rsaid that at the time the new owner had all the right credentials and the finances to back up his plans and at the outset the new guy to invest quite substantial amounts. It sounds like what has happened since could not have been foreseen when the sale was made.

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

I think the trouble is if you bail one club out you have to another, and what's to not stop owners just wasting money stripping clubs and know the league will bail them out.

i don't think it's right clubs so high up have all the money and power but where do you draw the line.

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Easiest way to avoid this is to enforce owners to lodge a deposit whilst owning a football club - amount dependent on level

not a pop but there is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact its all dark.

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Completely agree with this. With so much money in the game surely there is scope to support a club like this who have fallen on hard times. 

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Always think this myself. 

Isn't Leytonstone Mr Beckham's home patch?  Appreciate he's a plastic Manc but surely he'd like to do a bit for his manor

Just now, 54-46 said:

Always think this myself. 

Isn't Leytonstone Mr Beckham's home patch?  Appreciate he's a plastic Manc but surely he'd like to do a bit for his manor

Supposedly the blokes trademarked his own kids names.  The whole worlds gone mad I tell thee.

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

When you call a kid harper or Cruz you know the worlds gone mad,what's the matter with good old John,Dave or Arthur 

Mate,I live in Brighton, the kids names round here are beyond shocking.  Its like each cous cous eating, lactose intolerant, gluten free set of parents is having an 'I'm more zany than you' competition.

Went to my nephews birthday party, he's 5, and hardly any kids had what was recognisable as a 'name'.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When you call a kid harper or Cruz you know the worlds gone mad,what's the matter with good old John,Dave or Arthur 

Who'd call their child Dave Beckham?

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

Mate,I live in Brighton, the kids names round here are beyond shocking.  Its like each cous cous eating, lactose intolerant, gluten free set of parents is having an 'I'm more zany than you' competition.

Went to my nephews birthday party, he's 5, and hardly any kids had what was recognisable as a 'name'.

A vegan, organic hemp and yoghurt weaving workshop party?

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

I've got family and friends who are teachers and they continue to be amazed at some of the names they encounter. 

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Try reading a list of names in a Cotswold classroom. My kids make me laugh. Some are belters. 

12 hours ago, Cider red said:

The f.a sets the rules for 'fit and proper persons test' or whatever bs box ticking form exercise it is. So SHOULD shoulder the blame and at least lend clubs like orient mine to keep going.

So the FA would either have some ownership of Orient and keep the current owner in place or full ownership of the club?

10 hours ago, reddoh said:

not a pop but there is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact its all dark.

10 hours ago, reddoh said:

bbsb seem to have quoted wrong post apologies.

I bet deep down you wished you were here.

12 hours ago, downendcity said:

In fairness to Barry Hearn, I heard him interviewed on Talksport recently about Orient's plight.

He was asked if he regretted selling , but he rsaid that at the time the new owner had all the right credentials and the finances to back up his plans and at the outset the new guy to invest quite substantial amounts. It sounds like what has happened since could not have been foreseen when the sale was made.

Very easy for him to say.

However it was widely reported at the time this takeover was mooted that the Italian who bought them was in the middle of defending a fraud allegation with regard to some right dodgy dealings over a fictitious waste disposal company in Albania.

There was also widespread speculation that (just as had happened with Pompey and Gaydamak) this guy's motives therefore were primarily all to do with money laundering and not football.

When he then subsequently appointed a string of Italian coaches with no previous experience in Italy, let alone in England who couldn't speak any English either you don't have to be too cynical to see what went on.

I'll bet good money Talksport went nowhere near asking their old mate Barry any of these questions...

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Barry Hearn needs to look at himself for selling up to the first bidder 

Correct, he asset stripped the club by selling the land and stands for housing and then sold out to however was the highest bidder.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Very easy for him to say.

However it was widely reported at the time this takeover was mooted that the Italian who bought them was in the middle of defending a fraud allegation with regard to some right dodgy dealings over a fictitious waste disposal company in Albania.

There was also widespread speculation that (just as had happened with Pompey and Gaydamak) this guy's motives therefore were primarily all to do with money laundering and not football.

When he then subsequently appointed a string of Italian coaches with no previous experience in Italy, let alone in England who couldn't speak any English either you don't have to be too cynical to see what went on.

I'll bet good money Talksport went nowhere near asking their old mate Barry any of these questions...

You're right - they didn't push BH with tricky questions, I was just going on the interview I heard.

If what you say is correct ( Ive no reason to doubt it) then it once again begs the question as to exactly what are the fit and proper person tests ( think it is called something different now) the FA cary out?

There's Cellini at Leeds and now the Chinese owners wanting to take over Reading, which calls into question the club they previously took over ( cant remember which one).

For all the mistakes he has made, it makes me glad that we have SL as an owner. Those that would want him gone, might think on as to the type of owner that could replace him.

Archived