IGNORED

Engvall

GrahamC

On 16/04/2017 at 22:51, LC_ said:

Don't think his ability to play in the Swedish league has ever been in question - presumably we scouted him playing there and knew what he could do in that environment. If he's not good enough to be near our first 11 he should be getting minutes elsewhere in the English league to adapt

Threw his toys out of the pram and point blank refused a ready to go league one loan,as he wanted to go back to Sweden!....enough said.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Do you know this for a fact or are you just adding your own spin to the situation. ? 

I'm sure LJ said he refused a L1 loan and wanted to fight for his place. Didn't he then have a few injuries and with all the loosing going on wouldn't you rather go back home to your girlfriend :whistle:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm sure LJ said he refused a L1 loan and wanted to fight for his place. Didn't he then have a few injuries and with all the loosing going on wouldn't you rather go back home to your girlfriend :whistle:

Refused the league one loan as there was a possibility of a loan in Sweden..

Clearly things are very different in the football world-when my boss has asked me to work at a different location(one I don't particularly enjoy)I just do it without attempting the 'swap' manoeuvre.... Clearly in players contracts that loans subject to personal approval.

And yes,Gus's lady is lovely!

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Refused the league one loan as there was a possibility of a loan in Sweden..

Clearly things are very different in the football world-when my boss has asked me to work at a different location(one I don't particularly enjoy)I just do it without attempting the 'swap' manoeuvre.... Clearly in players contracts that loans subject to personal approval.

And yes,Gus's lady is lovely!

As you know, the players have the power.
He say's I don't want to go there, they ain't gonna sack him are they? The 'real world' and the 'football world' are only  nodding acquaintances after all.
  The standard he's playing at may be similar to L1 in which case I don't see a problem. It gives him more time to arrange a permanent move to Bristol (if he needs to) and I don't think he has to learn the language here.
I think the player usually has a veto over loans. Can you imagine if they wanted to send you to the gAss !!!

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 23:29, Kodjias Wrist said:

Replaced after 82 mins if you wanna be pedantic.

So their season started this month and it finishes in November so when does he come back to us? Does he have a wee break over xmas before playing in our season? If hes banging in goala left right and centre and we need him, guess we have a recall option? 

Think he will be back in City 16 july.

59 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What`s your opinion of the standard of the league he`s playing in mate? Is it on a par with the championship, not as good or better?

Not as good as championship I think, not mutch but the tempo is lower.  Swedens top 5 team will do ok in championship I think. The best team Malmö FF, played in Champions leauge last season, they are really good. Not many swedish strikers had sucsess in Englah football. Henrik Larsson ofcause, he was one of a kind. Celtic MU and so on. Hope Gustav can make it. Leeds bought a swedish striker in August, dont think he is even on the bench. Defenders have easier to come to you country and play in the starting eleven. Dont ask me why, I dont know. Anyway, good Gustav get games befor coming back to City. Then he will be fit and show what he can. Really hope it will turn well, but Im not sure.

5 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

No, what you meant to say was - As long as Tammys here, then Engval has no future with us. 

Or would you personally pick him ahead of Tammy? 

What are you on about? We have strikers on the bench who clearly the manager rates above Engval.

6 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Not as good as championship I think, not mutch but the tempo is lower.  Swedens top 5 team will do ok in championship I think. The best team Malmö FF, played in Champions leauge last season, they are really good. Not many swedish strikers had sucsess in Englah football. Henrik Larsson ofcause, he was one of a kind. Celtic MU and so on. Hope Gustav can make it. Leeds bought a swedish striker in August, dont think he is even on the bench. Defenders have easier to come to you country and play in the starting eleven. Dont ask me why, I dont know. Anyway, good Gustav get games befor coming back to City. Then he will be fit and show what he can. Really hope it will turn well, but Im not sure.

Very interesting point regarding the Leeds guy, so I looked him up.

Leeds paid £2m for Marcus Antonsson last summer and 16 league games (6 of them starts) and just 1 league goal later he has been completely frozen out of first team contention since January. 

This bloke is 5 years older than Engvall but had a prolific scoring record for Kalmar and cost them a very similar fee.

Let's hope that the spell back home does wonders for Gustav's confidence..

The reason for opting to play back in Sweden rather than go on loan to a league one team was because he wants to be in the frame for a call up to the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in the Summer.

Quite rightly he feels he would get watched more and receive more recognition playing in the Allsvenskan for one of the larger teams in his home country rather than going on loan to Rochdale or Walsall. No conspiracy.

12 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

The reason for opting to play back in Sweden rather than go on loan to a league one team was because he wants to be in the frame for a call up to the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in the Summer.

Quite rightly he feels he would get watched more and receive more recognition playing in the Allsvenskan for one of the larger teams in his home country rather than going on loan to Rochdale or Walsall. No conspiracy.

Sorry but this doesn't tie in with a conspiracy theory so must be rubbish.

20 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Plus he's closer to his burd, who's well fit and... Swedish :yes:

Wouldn't mind seeing Djuric and Enkvall start against Birmingham. I know it can't happen but I'm pretty sure those two would be a handful. Next season who knows.  Perhaps they'll start against Hengrove or somebody similar before taking on the mighty Bath or Mangotsfield. 

Archived