IGNORED

Engvall

GrahamC

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

great news. If he does turn out to be class though I am not sure he would want to play for LJ.

Well if he's a professional footballer, and he wants first team football. Surely he'll play for anyone. Stop making excuses for these pampered millionaires 

And Hoxton, what do you mean not want to play for Lj

Lj is the coach / manager of the club who we all support

All 14 players for the past two matches proved they were desperate to play for BCFC which means playing for Lj. What on earth are  you intimating?. Surely you have got bored of all those Lj haters who are now all certain there is noone better in the British game to lead us through to the end if this season

3 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

if you were hired to do a job but were constantly discriminated against and not trusted to do it by your boss and you had other options wouldn't you be interested.? They may earn great money, but they are also human beings.

Poor poor Engval, why oh why Lee have you continued to play the in form  talented high scoring 20 plus goal scorer that is Tammy Abraham. When some on here think you should have played uh Engval. I'm mean it's a no brainer! 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Scored in the second minute tonight and played the full 90 in a 3-0 win..

Replaced after 82 mins if you wanna be pedantic.

So their season started this month and it finishes in November so when does he come back to us? Does he have a wee break over xmas before playing in our season? If hes banging in goala left right and centre and we need him, guess we have a recall option? 

Don't think his ability to play in the Swedish league has ever been in question - presumably we scouted him playing there and knew what he could do in that environment. If he's not good enough to be near our first 11 he should be getting minutes elsewhere in the English league to adapt

35 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

if you were hired to do a job but were constantly discriminated against and not trusted to do it by your boss and you had other options wouldn't you be interested.? They may earn great money, but they are also human beings.

Discriminated against, are you having a laugh?

29 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So their season started this month and it finishes in November so when does he come back to us? Does he have a wee break over xmas before playing in our season? If hes banging in goala left right and centre and we need him, guess we have a recall option? 

Fair enough, his tweet implied he played the full game..

Just now, swanker said:

Discriminated against, are you having a laugh?

It appeared that he was not given any game time whatsoever or am I mistaken? I thought we paid a lot of money for him? Why wasnt he played at all? I am sure there is something that I am not aware of.

11 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

It appeared that he was not given any game time whatsoever or am I mistaken? I thought we paid a lot of money for him? Why wasnt he played at all? I am sure there is something that I am not aware of.

He is young and he was meant for the future, expensive as he was.

He wasn't played because Tammy's loan contract meant he had to play every game and most of the time we played him as a lone forward. 

LJ didn't rate him enough to play him in a two man attack and when the bad run started he could hardly play someone with no English football experience. 

8 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

We paid a lot of money for Taylor Moore and he's in the same boat. Limited time for us and out on loan to gain experience. Engvall wanted to be part of his national setup and felt his best chances at that were playing in Sweden. Not many get the chance to represent their country in a tournament so I don't blame him for turning down a move to the English third division. It would have benefitted him more for his time here but at least he's playing and staying fit.

As for playing this year I don't think it was ever on the cards for him to play major minutes. I won't argue right or wrong about how we spent money in the summer because it was done. Major money was spent on Moore, Engvall, O'Dowda and Magnusson. All of which weren't expected to be major contributors this season for a variety of reasons such as they aren't used to as many games or need time to adapt to the league. Magnusson did out if necessity but is now back to the situation that was expected of him. I don't know if Engvall will ever be a star for us or even feature 10 times but I'm quite sure he wasn't meant to be a big factor this season. 

isnt it a bit naive of our club to think you can buy these so called talented players and not play them at all. If you buy someone on a two year contract (i assume this was the case), and dont play them for a whole year, wont they get annoyed and  isnt that a risk for your investment. Surely they are joining a struggling Championship club to get game time, and further their career. Is the strategy wrong headed?

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

isnt it a bit naive of our club to think you can buy these so called talented players and not play them at all. If you buy someone on a two year contract (i assume this was the case), and dont play them for a whole year, wont they get annoyed and  isnt that a risk for your investment. Surely they are joining a struggling Championship club to get game time, and further their career. Is the strategy wrong headed?

Yeah agree but most people think the 'project' is flawed. We are fighting for relegation again but spent around 4 mill and a defender and striker who are out on loan. Now if they feature next year and are in the first team performing well then fair play but I just cant see it.

16 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

And Hoxton, what do you mean not want to play for Lj

Lj is the coach / manager of the club who we all support

All 14 players for the past two matches proved they were desperate to play for BCFC which means playing for Lj. What on earth are  you intimating?. Surely you have got bored of all those Lj haters who are now all certain there is noone better in the British game to lead us through to the end if this season

"....desperate to play for BCFC.." - desperate to stay in the championship and earn championship salaries more like....they didn't seem 'desperate' to play for us at Preston or Brentford etc etc etc.

I'm not a 'hater' of LJ, that word is too strong...but I want an experienced, proven championship manager instead of him....and I'm not sure how you've decided I'm "certain there is no-one better in the British game to lead us through to the end of this season.." because there are loads better, loads, and they've been discussed on here at length...but of course with so few games left it's all academic anyway...

16 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I believe we have a recall option in the summer

16 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

He is young and he was meant for the future, expensive as he was.

He wasn't played because Tammy's loan contract meant he had to play every game and most of the time we played him as a lone forward. 

LJ didn't rate him enough to play him in a two man attack and when the bad run started he could hardly play someone with no English football experience. 

No it didn't 

Archived