IGNORED

Burton v Brum

Nuno Gomes

34 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

If we lose today we are in a difficult situation as we still have Brighton away to play. It really is crucial to at least get a point today. 

Least brighton will be up by then. Obviously still a tough game.

I'm one of those who prefer as many teams as poss in the mix as opposed to immediate safety as I reckon City will be safe. The higher up the table City finish, the more money they receive and it also makes us look a better attraction to potential signings. Until Ipswich got their 2nd goal on Friday, I thought it would be feasible for City to finish higher than QPR & Ipswich.

I am having a small wager on 0-0 and 0-1. Birmingham bound to be a bit cagey plus lack of confidence after recent results/in fighting etc. Burton will surely go to try and frustrate them and get the crowd on their backs and try and nick a 1-0. Granted if there is an early goal the game could open up as both will have to chase it as neither can really afford to lose it.

I would prefer a Brum win to effectively get them out of it but if we manage to win I would love a Burton win to keep Brum right in the mix.

One of the betting "trade'" papers have tipped Blackburn to win 1-0 because their last 7 wins have all been by that score and what's more all those games were 0-0 at halftime, Burton to win 1-0 at B'ham was also tipped, let's hope they're wrong on all counts!!!!

3 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Can't make up my mind what's the best outcome for us.  All three permutations have merit.  On balance I think a Birmingham win would be best as it leaves Burton further adrift and may mean Brum are home and hosed by the time we play them.

Best outcome is us putting Blackburn to the sword.

If we get the points the other results don't matter much.

Failing this, then a draw would be good, preferably 0-0.

tfj

Archived