IGNORED

Well done city

Red Army 75

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Chucked it? My mistake, I thought there were two teams trying to win the game. I forgot the rule that every result is decided entirely based on what we do.

The other team are in the bottom 3. We were in front and chucked it. Would have been safe pretty much if we had won today, but we can't defend a lead. At least we didn't lose. Didn't need to go to the last game but it still might yet.  #JohnsonOut

Just now, Chessels Chick said:

To think they were 3 points off third place when they sacked Rowett - and are now 30 points off third place and only 3 points above relegation spot!

Cant think of a worse decision in football.

Just now, Chessels Chick said:

To think they were 3 points off third place when they sacked Rowett - and are now 30 points off third place and only 3 points above relegation spot!

Just goes to show that selling out to a foreign owner doesn`t always turn out like Man City. Forest, Blackburn and Brum all below us and all with mad foreign owners.

Just now, Cheesleysmate said:

The other team are in the bottom 3. We were in front and chucked it. Would have been safe pretty much if we had won today, but we can't defend a lead. At least we didn't lose. Didn't need to go to the last game but it still might yet.  #JohnsonOut

Ah, so you've not actually given up on the club like you said you had then? 

6 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yes. A game we needed to win to take the pressure off and we chucked it. Hopefully we will crawl over the line.

Pressure? I hope we have little pressure yet total professionalism. 

Just take a step back; 4 points (5 with gd) clear; 9 points available... we play Barnsley and the team trying their hardest to get relegated last at home. In the middle we have a game on sky when we know our sky record is actually quite good. 

Compare our situation to Blackburn, Forest, Brum. Their pressure levels should be exponentially higher and indeed their belief and confidence exponentially lower. 

I know we are not mathematically safe, but I do think we probably already have enough points on the board. Blackburn really needed a win today  

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Chucked it? My mistake, I thought there were two teams trying to win the game. I forgot the rule that every result is decided entirely based on what we do.

Burton won away. They have the bottle for the fight. Although it is looking like Zola "Great player, but can't manage" will take Birmingham City into league one with a bigger freefall than us....and ours was bad enough!

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We seemed to be able to defend a lead against Wigan, Huddersfield, Wolves and QPR in the last few weeks. Still, why let the facts get in the way. Let's just refuse to acknowledge any sort of improvement and stick with the doom and gloom stuff.

Burton won away. They have the bottle for the fight. Although it is looking like Zola "Great player, but can't manage" will take Birmingham City into league one with a bigger freefall than us....and ours was bad enough!

Won two in twenty two I think since he took over. Makes LJ look champions league material!

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Pressure? I hope we have little pressure yet total professionalism. 

Just take a step back; 4 points (5 with gd) clear; 9 points available... we play Barnsley and the team trying their hardest to get relegated last at home. In the middle we have a game on sky when we know our sky record is actually quite good. 

Compare our situation to Blackburn, Forest, Brum. Their pressure levels should be exponentially higher and indeed their belief and confidence exponentially lower. 

I know we are not mathematically safe, but I do think we probably already have enough points on the board. Blackburn really needed a win today  

You may well be right, but the 3 points would have killed it today and we couldn't kill Blackburn off and got punished which has been the story of the season. Not clinical enough and then like a knife through butter.

Ah I see so Burton on the same number of points have the bottle but we don't, despite or undeniable improvement in form over recent weeks. Got it.

We seemed to be able to defend a lead against Wigan, Huddersfield, Wolves and QPR in the last few weeks. Still, why let the facts get in the way. Let's just refuse to acknowledge any sort of improvement and stick with the doom and gloom stuff.

Yes. That's the general way for life as a Bristol City fan. More downs than ups. 

Ah I see so Burton on the same number of points have the bottle but we don't, despite or undeniable improvement in form over recent weeks. Got it.

The facts are we can still go down and it might go to the last game. Could have been avoided had we won today but we couldn't defend a lead against a team in the bottom 3 from a winning position. Typical City.

15 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

You may well be right, but the 3 points would have killed it today and we couldn't kill Blackburn off and got punished which has been the story of the season. Not clinical enough and then like a knife through butter.

Agree with everything. But away from home that's how it goes.

We are going to do extremely well not to concede on a day like today. I don't think this reflects on our defence that much. As soon as we scored the goal we knew a storm was coming in them going gung-ho at some point; that was a certainty. There is going to be an individual or collective error facing that onslaught. 

We weren't clinical enough by the sounds of things to take it to 2-0. Again, can't be too damning - we've scored 4, 3 and 2 in our last three home games. It's disappointing today, but recent form players still in credit. 

7pts from 9, including an away draw at our rivals preventing them from gaining any ground, and gaining on Wigan, Forest and Brum on the same afternoon... gotta be happy, gotta be.

It's like being disappointed with an A because it's not an A+ when you're predicted an F. 

Brilliant spirit shown from all yet again. Could have been more clinical at 1-0 and would deservedly had taken all 3 points, but to hold on after Blackburn equalised with a fair old way to go was good going. Blackburn needed the win and would have been chucking absolutely everything they had at us, it would have been easy to cave in. Point gained on Forest and Birmingham. Still not over the line but leaves us in a positive position.

57 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We have defended leads in recent weeks. A draw is a good result.

Try and see some positives mate. 

42 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Not sure why some are using our goal difference as an extra point it isn't that good.

And to think we go to Brighton who are in rampant mood, we could and most probably will take a beating there.

Have to win at home on saturday for me, if we don't it's going to get very uncomfortable.

We could quite possibly be safe now........ I think 48 will be enough personally!!!

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Agree with everything. But away from home that's how it goes.

We are going to do extremely well not to concede on a day like today. I don't think this reflects on our defence that much. As soon as we scored the goal we knew a storm was coming in them going gung-ho at some point; that was a certainty. There is going to be an individual or collective error facing that onslaught. 

We weren't clinical enough by the sounds of things to take it to 2-0. Again, can't be too damning - we've scored 4, 3 and 2 in our last three home games. It's disappointing today, but recent form players still in credit. 

7pts from 9, including an away draw at our rivals preventing them from gaining any ground, and gaining on Wigan, Forest and Brum on the same afternoon... gotta be happy, gotta be.

It's like being disappointed with an A because it's not an A+ when you're predicted an Ffs. 

Slight correction 29AR.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Really dont care who goes down as long as its not us but forest or birmingham given the choice cant stand either.

Definitely Blackburn. Would be happy with Forest or Brum as well though.

To be honest, anybody but Burton for me. I want them to survive. I would hate for the status Quo to be maintained with the big sides who have been crap scraping through while the little side who have performed admirably against the odds just fail at the final hurdle.

Archived