IGNORED

Wilbraham

kiwicolin

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

If he has he has to come on the pitch at one of the last two and get our appreciation for what he`s done for us over the last three years and not just slip away unnoticed.

Feels like he, along with Flint has almost been the cornerstone of our last 3 years

Top top pro 

Deserves a big Thankyou / send off,  if he does leave at the end of the season

15 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Why have we got to give all are ex players jobs why can't we get real coaches,managers,kit men like top teams do

Didn't say we had to give him a coaching role. Just said we have to entertain giving him a new contract, given his influence around the place and on the pitch still despite his age.  Do you disagree that we have to at least think about it?  And if it happens it may well coincide with a coaching role in some capacity, like the youth set up perhaps as it's well documented that Wilbs has been looking at coaching. Just ideas! Rather him in the set up than Holden any day but just my humble opinion! 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Didn't say we had to give him a coaching role. Just said we have to entertain giving him a new contract, given his influence around the place and on the pitch still despite his age.  Do you disagree that we have to at least think about it?  And if it happens it may well coincide with a coaching role in some capacity, like the youth set up perhaps as it's well documented that Wilbs has been looking at coaching. Just ideas! Rather him in the set up than Holden any day but just my humble opinion! 

i do disagree ,why cant we eat at the top table for once.I do agree with the holden comment but hes not here to coach hes here to tell little lee how well hes doing

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

i do disagree ,why cant we eat at the top table for once.I do agree with the holden comment but hes not here to coach hes here to tell little lee how well hes doing

It's good to debate. It's a game of opinions after all. I personally think we will and we should consider giving Wilbs one more year playing wise.  I also think Wilbs has done more for this club than a large contingent of our squad and, if his skills are deemed good enough, he should therefore be considered for a low level coaching role if it was deemed to be to our benefit.  These thoughts for me are based on Wilbraham alone and not any other jobs for the boys roles that are already in situ. I completely agree that in an ideal world we would indeed go to the 'top table' for all our management positions (or at least aim higher than coaches that have  League 1 and Under 23 experience only). But that's for a different time and thread.

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We've the best in the world, the only 'jobs for the boys' appointment I agree with.  Scotty is a Legend.

Totally agree. The thing with Scott is he gave his best years to us mainly. He lives and breathes City. He came in as kitman long before LJ reared his ugly head and Scott is a very bouncy, jokey personality. He's the guy with the knowledge (been there, done it, bought the t-shirt etc), the banter and the camaraderie and finally, the fun. 

If there is a team night out somewhere or a competition or just a kick about, Scott is the go to. And that's why he is important.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Totally agree. The thing with Scott is he gave his best years to us mainly. He lives and breathes City. He came in as kitman long before LJ reared his ugly head and Scott is a very bouncy, jokey personality. He's the guy with the knowledge (been there, done it, bought the t-shirt etc), the banter and the camaraderie and finally, the fun. 

If there is a team night out somewhere or a competition or just a kick about, Scott is the go to. And that's why he is important.

708842_205_205_694_0_fit_0_c8df9b74ba83bd61d49b77387010b719.jpg

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

He's the man.

009.JPG

A top player on and off the pitch.

Two times stand out for me;

Giving an interview after the swindle away match when it all went off you could tell he was relishing the return match.

Toon away this season; as a 37yr old occupying their defence all afternoon was a masterclass of forward play.

12 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Best thing about Scotty is that he is not up his own arse, and appears to enjoy the company of the great unwashed (us fans). Also being a kitman he isn't likely to bring a club to its knees, if he is useless.

And he is frae Buchan fa ma folk hail frae!

Archived