IGNORED

Highlights!

cityexile

Some good pass and move footballing those clips. Ball under control and movement. Football is very easy if you want it to be. This starting 11 appear to be in tune with one another's movements. I can't see any justification for changing this formation or starting 11 injury aside.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He does but you can`t fault his involvement, he`s been a big part of virtually all our recent goals.

Yes; don't get me wrong, I thought he was a handful against QPR, and having someone mobile and sharp on the ball, who links well with Brownhill and Paterson coming in off the wings has been a big part of our play with this line up.

It is more for him/his confidence than anything; you get the impression that if he notches another soon, he'll relax a little and be that bit more dangerous.

It might be pie-in-the-sky, but does make me think there is a place in the squad and line-up for a mobile striker, and that might be where Engvall would be useful next year.  But not sure he's in LJ's plans.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

On the match day thread  some were complaining that the result was because we had sat back on our 1 goal lead. The highlights and these stats don't bear any resemblance to that idea

2017-04-17 17_56_22-Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Bristol City - BBC Sport.png

I think we were certainly sitting back at 1-1. Almost impossible to stop players doing that when they know holding what they have is crucial. The critism is not that we were sitting back at 1-0, but that we did not kill the game off. Nearly there!

23 minutes ago, samo II said:

Taylor is starting to warm up to this level, but he really needs to find some composure from somewhere, as he does seem to get under shots in decent position a lot.

Rovers fans did say he will score the harder chances and miss the easier ones. He has missed some sitters since being here.

9 minutes ago, samo II said:

Yes; don't get me wrong, I thought he was a handful against QPR, and having someone mobile and sharp on the ball, who links well with Brownhill and Paterson coming in off the wings has been a big part of our play with this line up.

It is more for him/his confidence than anything; you get the impression that if he notches another soon, he'll relax a little and be that bit more dangerous.

It might be pie-in-the-sky, but does make me think there is a place in the squad and line-up for a mobile striker, and that might be where Engvall would be useful next year.  But not sure he's in LJ's plans.

I think once he gets one he`ll get several. You can`t fault the bloke though, he doesn`t hide even though he`s missed a couple he should have scored.

Remember Sammy went through a phase of missing more than he scored and once he did start there was no stopping him. I`m not saying MT`s as good but the similarities are there.

Just now, Super said:

Rovers fans did say he will score the harder chances and miss the easier ones. He has missed some sitters since being here.

Yeah; felt after watching that one that the commentators were kind on the radio in saying it wasn't an easy chance - not to score, no, but to put it over from that position strikes me as a little careless, especially after Brownhill has done so well to get him the ball.

But promising, and have a weird feeling Taylor will grab a key goal before the season is out.  Not sure why I think that.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Flint was fine where he was. High ball comes to emnes and Flint would have been close enough to deal with it. Little should have moved across and then he could have challenged Gallagher and maybe Gallagher wouldn't have scored. 

Leave Emnes unmarked and then it's Little's fault if he scores along with Flint. Full backs have to cover closest striker if he isn't marked. Flint ball watching.

Shame was not on the highlights re penalty shout. O dear, so sad, never mind.

Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray:

"The frustration was the goal we let in really. We ultimately tried to play offside and it was a really sloppy decision from us.

"And yet the story of the game was the changes we made, the way the team clawed their way back into the game and then, for us, ultimately a penalty decision that wasn't given, that having watched it back looks a clear penalty kick.

I think it's very difficult to summarise from that video clip. There are a few permutations to what could of/should of happened. Right midfielder ( Brownhill ) not tracking back, lack of communication etc. As for Pack, could of got tighter quicker. But what a goal from Tammy, not sure how many passes in total beforehand, but we looked very bright. COYR 

31 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I think it's very difficult to summarise from that video clip. There are a few permutations to what could of/should of happened. Right midfielder ( Brownhill ) not tracking back, lack of communication etc. As for Pack, could of got tighter quicker. But what a goal from Tammy, not sure how many passes in total beforehand, but we looked very bright. COYR 

31 fella...

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

On the match day thread  some were complaining that the result was because we had sat back on our 1 goal lead. The highlights and these stats don't bear any resemblance to that idea

2017-04-17 17_56_22-Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Bristol City - BBC Sport.png

We literally missed a sitter 30 seconds before they scored. Who are these clowns you speak of?

Archived