IGNORED

Scary possibility

old_eastender

Looking at next 2 games for all those in the mix:

Can see Blackburn getting 4 pts from Wolves A and Villa H, Forest getting 3 pts from Reading H and QPR A, Brum getting 1 points from Villa A and Huddersfield H, Burton getting nil points from Leeds H and Barnsley A.

Can't see us getting anything at Brighton, and Barnsley won't be easy, as they are well organised team with a much smarter young manager than we have! Also although they have nothing much to play for, I'd wager several of their players would love to get 1 over LJ.

So it could be that going into our last game at Home to Brum we need at least a draw to stay up (and Brum have sent us down twice before), as table could be:

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

Just now, old_eastender said:

Can see Blackburn getting 4 pts from Wolves A and Villa H, Forest getting 3 pts from Reading H and QPR A, Brum getting 1 points from Villa A and Huddersfield H, Burton getting nil points from Leeds H and Barnsley A.

Can't see us getting anything at Brighton, and Barnsley won't be easy, as they are well organised team with a much smarter young manager than we have! Also although they have nothing much to play for, I'd wager several of their players would love to get 1 over LJ.

So it could be that going into our last game at Home to Brum we need at least a draw to stay up (and Brum have sent us down twice before), as table could be:

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

Sometimes you can over analize things!

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

Just one permutation of many. And naturally you have gone for the one where we get nothing against Barnsley while Blackburn take four points from Wolves and Villa, which isn't the most likely combination in my book.

That's one incredibly negative way of looking at it.

Barnsley have won 2 of their last 15. Brighton practically have sealed their promotion and maybe the title by the time we play them, could be an ideal time to play them - certainly better than a few months or weeks ago.

Our players and management have been commendable in the spirit they've shown over the last few months and the results we've been getting, we just need to continue as we have been doing.  We are the form team out of the teams mentioned and it's in our own hands. Two games of our three are at Ashton Gate where our form has particularly been very good.

All 4 teams will also need to better our results in the remaining three games which will be a tough ask. But like I said, we can only continue what we have been doing. Certainly would want to be in our position over the rest.

All things are possible but Forest look in bad shape, Blackburn don't exactly look great and Birmingham have terrible form and no manager. I'd be very surprised if all three reached 48 points even after the final game. We've only lost 2 games recently and admittedly both were very poor performances but I would still back us to pick up at least 2 more points this season. It is going to be tight but I think there are 5 other teams who will be more apprehensive than is at the moment.

43 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

You can get 40/1 with William Hill on us going down.  Clearly, they have more confidence in us staying up than you go.

Blackburn have picked up 1pt in 2 games, Forest & B'ham none. Total bollocks-ignore..

I'm struggling to see any of those sides picking up 3 points from their next two.

This therefore seems a super negative spin on our last 3 games to me..

I think there is a reasonable chance that the points we have now will be enough - often ends that way that people worry with a couple of games to go about what if this or that happens but then somebody loses all 3 and teams in our sort of position end up safe by 4 or 5 points and wonder what all the concern was about

Blackburn will lose their last 2 away games at Wolves and Brentford and will also lose their home game against Leeds who are desperate for points to stay in the playoffs, Forest will pick up points easily enough looking at their remaining fixtures and B'ham will Struggle to pick up anything, can see Burton finishing wit 50 plus points, whatever happens if results go against us Saturday it could be squeaky bum time

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Blackburn have picked up 1pt in 2 games, Forest & B'ham none.

I'm struggling to see any of those sides picking up 3 points from their next two.

This therefore seems a super negative spin on our last 3 games to me..

Didn't Blackburn beat forest? So that gives them 4 points last 2?

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

What's your record with Lottery predictions? As that is all the above is !

If worse comes to worse... If Birmingham fail to win their next two games (highly likely) or even manage a win and a draw, then a win against them on the final day would keep us up regardless of any other scenario. It's in our hands and we need to make it count vs Barnsley first though

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

Blackburn will lose their last 2 away games at Wolves and Brentford and will also lose their home game against Leeds who are desperate for points to stay in the playoffs, Forest will pick up points easily enough looking at their remaining fixtures and B'ham will Struggle to pick up anything, can see Burton finishing wit 50 plus points, whatever happens if results go against us Saturday it could be squeaky bum time

True. That was an excellent result for us them losing at home today.

We could do with Brighton wrapping up the title before we play them as well. Newcastle 7 behind with 9 points to play for, Brighton have Norwich away and win would do it for them. Newcastle then have 2 games before we play Brighton so hopefully they will drop points in one of those to gift it to them. Either way as most people are saying we just need to take care of ourselves

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

******* no chance.

We're safe.

LJ will stay and take us to the promised land.

Lansdown will see sense. He'll no longer pursue his Bristol Sport dream, he'll focus solely on BCFC and he'll swap debt for equity for giving up his controlling interest to the faithful...... 

Ok. I'm happy with one of those three. 

Onwards and sideways :thumbsup:

I know it's the pessimist in me but I just can't help but think of the 15ers and how they were 'safe' for all but the last 30 mins of the season. They even danced on the pitch at Wycombe the week before, so confident were they! I just hope we're mathematically safe asap. Preferably 5pm next Saturday, if it's at all possible! My nerves couldn't cope it going to the last game.  

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

Go and have a beer FFS!

Wolves and Ipswich are now safe however QPR could lose their last 3 (Brentford and Norwich away and Forest at home) and go down with 50 points if Blackburn pick up a couple of wins.

Our 48 points may be enough already if results go our way, but equally the OP could be right . We could be safe next week but if not can't see us getting much at Brighton (unless they are already on the beach) so it could yet go to the last day.

Lets wait till we are Mathematically safe before we critise the OP.

Archived