IGNORED

Can we all relax now and look forward to next season ?

The Red Planet

I know safety is not yet assured, but we all know we are staying up. 

I am sick and tired of carping against SL and LJ on this forum - could we now give it a break and start looking forward. 

Of course we had a dreadful run of results through the winter, but all City fans should listen to the interview with SL on RB with Twentyman just before the Wolves game. 

First of all, he made it perfectly clear that LJ will remain as Head Coach if we stay up. He also talked about the "project" - which is to make BCFC self sufficient financially and (although he did not actually say this) no longer dependent on him dipping into his pockets to cover annual trading losses. 

SL is a Bristolian and a City fan - it does not get better. And he is a really nice bloke. 

LJ is still learning his trade, but I think he is on the right track and don't forget that part of the "project" is not lashing out the (reported) £2M - £3M annual salary that some Championship managers get paid. 

We are in good hands and I think we can expect much better next season.

Although - my only concern is that without Tammy we would have been relegated this season and I am sure he will be playing in the PL next season (if not with Chelsea).

So, I hope that the people I have talked up above can find a striker as good to replace him. 

£2M - £3M on a Manager should be the first thing to spend on if the 'Project' still exists, every pound spent at the top is worth five by the time it gets to the players (imaginary number but you get the idea)

That's what I don't get about the 'project'.  Note I used your word of Manager and not 'Head Coach'.

Relax? Are you insane?

Finish line is in sight, but I am not relaxing a muscle until we are over it. The likelihood is that the only points we get in the next two games are against Barnsley. I have this recurring nightmare that we go in to our last game only needing a point, Birmingham turn up without their kit so we lend them ours...there are horses, santas grottos and everything.

Relax you say?

Can't relax now until we are safe.  Can't relax in the summer either thinking about how to cope with trying to avoid hearing interviews by the giggling fool for the next season.  He did it again today...cringeworthy.  I'm like 'switch it off quick before he comes on'....aahh too late again

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Until Rachel Riley, Carol Vorderman and Stephen Hawking reach an unanimous verdict that we cannot be relegated, I will not say "we all know we're staying up".

Vorderman got a 3rd at Uni I believe.  She has also advertised horrendously priced loans on TV to people that trusted 'the nice lady from Countdown'.

I'll stick with Riley and Hawking thanks.

Just now, RumRed said:

Vorderman got a 3rd at Uni I believe.  She has also advertised horrendously priced loans on TV to people that trusted 'the nice lady from Countdown'.

I'll stick with Riley and Hawking thanks.

In other words, Judge RumRed, you are saying you will accept a majority verdict!

until City are mathematically certain of survival, I'll look at the table with wary eyes. LJ should know the Barnsley players well (and they've got nothing to play for). Similarly, Brighton have nothing to play for. The Blues game is the tough one. They have to go to Villa Park, and Villa have to go to Ewood Park. It'll be interesting to see how they go

I won't be able to relax until we are mathematically safe, and even then I'll need a stiff drink and maybe a lie down in a dark room before my blood pressure lowers. The last three results have helped our cause but we are not over the line yet.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

In other words, Judge RumRed, you are saying you will accept a majority verdict!

I won't trust any bugger until I do the maths myself!  

Hawking can probably prove we are Premier and European Champions somewhere within multiple universes if he wants, the clever git.

I'll just add up.

13 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

This utter car crash of a season proves otherwise.

The man is a disaster.

I'm starting to take a slightly more pragmatic view. No question we have underachieved this season, but currently LJ's overall record as City manager is as many wins as it is defeats. In other words, he has a midtable record at what you might expect to be a midtable side. The problem in a sense is that too many of those wins came last season.

Most of us expected a midtable finish. For argument's sake let's call midtable 12th spot. Let's say we end up finishing 18th, where we are now (form suggests we could finish higher). That means he is six places down on where we expected to be. Disappointing, but a complete "disaster"? I'm not so sure.

Most of us, myself included, would have got shot of LJ by now. But, if we do finish around 18th, we will have finished lower than we wanted, but we will have the (arguable) benefit of managerial continuity into next season, LJ will know the squad intimately, we won't need to start from scratch again, and we will start on 0 just like everyone else in August.

Don't get me wrong, I have serious doubts and I'm not even convinced myself about this argument! But a strong finish to this season, if we can finish the job, may give the season a different perspective. We just have to hope that LJ learns from his many mistakes.

I'm starting to take a slightly more pragmatic view. No question we have underachieved this season, but currently LJ's overall record as City manager is as many wins as it is defeats. In other words, he has a midtable record at what you might expect to be a midtable side. The problem in a sense is that too many of those wins came last season.

Most of us expected a midtable finish. For argument's sake let's call midtable 12th spot. Let's say we end up finishing 18th, where we are now (form suggests we could finish higher). That means he is six places down on where we expected to be. Disappointing, but a complete "disaster"? I'm not so sure.

Most of us, myself included, would have got shot of LJ by now. But, if we do finish around 18th, we will have finished lower than we wanted, but we will have the (arguable) benefit of managerial continuity into next season, LJ will know the squad intimately, we won't need to start from scratch again, and we will start on 0 just like everyone else in August.

Don't get me wrong, I have serious doubts and I'm not even convinced myself about this argument! But a strong finish to this season, if we can finish the job, may give the season a different perspective. We just have to hope the LJ learns from his many mistakes.

I'm a Johnson out kind of guy, fnaaarrr.   :ph34r:

My biggest concern is what will happen in the transfer window, I'm not sure that we won't offload those that aren't 'trusted' and bring in another raft of new players.  The last two windows, followed by loans and the changes in the squad have unsettled me, what it must be like to be a player is beyond my comprehension.

Maybe I'm missing something but I think a fair few of our squad will be off.

Just now, RumRed said:

I'm a Johnson out kind of guy, fnaaarrr.   :ph34r:

My biggest concern is what will happen in the transfer window, I'm not sure that we won't offload those that aren't 'trusted' and bring in another raft of new players.  The last two windows, followed by loans and the changes in the squad have unsettled me, what it must be like to be a player is beyond my comprehension.

Maybe I'm missing something but I think a fair few of our squad will be off.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't lose any sleep if he went at the end of the season! Agree with your concerns about the transfer window.

I think basically I'm just trying to see the pros and cons of LJ staying or going.

34 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Can't relax now until we are safe.  Can't relax in the summer either thinking about how to cope with trying to avoid hearing interviews by the giggling fool for the next season.  He did it again today...cringeworthy.  I'm like 'switch it off quick before he comes on'....aahh too late again

The Laughing Gnome.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't lose any sleep if he went at the end of the season! Agree with your concerns about the transfer window.

I think basically I'm just trying to see the pros and cons of LJ staying or going.

Pretty sure we're agreeing, last few results picked up, and about time too.

Lets just get to the end of the season, I just can't shake the doubt I have but it'll be over soon and we can regroup.

As LJ is staying no matter what, it appears, the transfers out will be pretty interesting to see where the club is.  Shift out the old guard?  Shift out his own purchases that have had little or no game time?  

I think this window will be really interesting.

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

She can measure the volume of my irregular cylinder.

That's easy, do what the doctor instructed you to do after 'that night' and shove it in an bowl of warm salted water.  Check the amount of water displaced and it will confirm that your 'irregular cylinder' is the same volume as an egg cup.

Job done. :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Relax? Are you insane?

Finish line is in sight, but I am not relaxing a muscle until we are over it. The likelihood is that the only points we get in the next two games are against Barnsley. I have this recurring nightmare that we go in to our last game only needing a point, Birmingham turn up without their kit so we lend them ours...there are horses, santas grottos and everything.

Relax you say?

they play in their pants thats we had to do in school or if EFL deem that unacceptable they forfeit the game.

Just now, RumRed said:

That's easy, do what the doctor instructed you to do after 'that night' and shove it in an bowl of warm salted water.  Check the amount of water displaced and it will confirm that your 'irregular cylinder' is the same volume as an egg cup.

Job done. :ph34r:

An ostrich egg cup, I think you will find. :whistle:

Archived