IGNORED

Can we all relax now and look forward to next season ?

The Red Planet

Assuming City do stay up, greater mileage next season for team & fans.

Sheffield replace their neighbours Rotherham and Bolton replace nearby Wigan. No change there.

Plus side; If Swansea drop, that's a bit closer than Brighton.

Downside; We lose the trip to Newcastle, but may have to travel to both Sunderland and Middlesbrough.

11 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

I know safety is not yet assured, but we all know we are staying up. 

I am sick and tired of carping against SL and LJ on this forum - could we now give it a break and start looking forward. 

Of course we had a dreadful run of results through the winter, but all City fans should listen to the interview with SL on RB with Twentyman just before the Wolves game. 

First of all, he made it perfectly clear that LJ will remain as Head Coach if we stay up. He also talked about the "project" - which is to make BCFC self sufficient financially and (although he did not actually say this) no longer dependent on him dipping into his pockets to cover annual trading losses. 

SL is a Bristolian and a City fan - it does not get better. And he is a really nice bloke. 

LJ is still learning his trade, but I think he is on the right track and don't forget that part of the "project" is not lashing out the (reported) £2M - £3M annual salary that some Championship managers get paid. 

We are in good hands and I think we can expect much better next season.

Although - my only concern is that without Tammy we would have been relegated this season and I am sure he will be playing in the PL next season (if not with Chelsea).

So, I hope that the people I have talked up above can find a striker as good to replace him. 

Assumption....the mother of all **** ups.

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

The OP has to be having a sly wind up, surely? This is the City FFS! Past masters at plucking defeat from the jaws of victory.

Exactly this . Expect teams of other fans are predicting us to be safe . But as u say being a city fan I would never say we are safe until mathematically possible. But we have a massive chance 

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Exactly this . Expect teams of other fans are predicting us to be safe . But as u say being a city fan I would never say we are safe until mathematically possible. But we have a massive chance 

Only an idiot would think we are already safe.

9 hours ago, JHAGa said:

The improved form over the last two months of is an 'excuse'? Give over. It's not any 'pro-Johnson chant', it's simply not being so set in my ways that I refuse to give a person any praise when warranted because I got upset over a bad spell. Criticism was warranted at that time but people claiming he's a 'useless fool' and other such things are just stuck in their ways and it's very sad.

Yes, I am looking forward to next season, as I am for most seasons. Hopefully we can stay up and kick on and continue the form we've been showing recently.

Fan base isn't as divided as some on this forum would make you think, that's for sure. Non-existent protests and boycotts from the vocal minority. The dark cloud was during the losing run, that was a low point for sure, but the clouds are beginning to part going by recent events. It's not been a good season but it's certainly not been a disastrous one. A season in which we went on an appalling run? Yes. But boo hoo, we have about 3/4 less wins than most of the teams from about 8th-15th, not as if we're rock bottom or in the shoes of Leyton Orient/Coventry etc. People love to be melodramatic. I'm sure LJ and the team will learn a lot from this season. He did a good job with us before the bad run and him and the team have been doing really well in our efforts to stay up recently.

You're also alluding to the SL interview that was completely twisted by some to suit their agendas, and which most sensible people acknowledged to be the case. Who blamed the fans again? That's a new one.

You're one of those set in your ways if you genuinely believe that nonsense. It's the same small contingent of people with their constant negativity that I just find very, very sad. Refuse to post anything positive but focus on the negatives whenever they're on here, even when the bad run was a few months ago now.

Great post.

19 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

until City are mathematically certain of survival, I'll look at the table with wary eyes. LJ should know the Barnsley players well (and they've got nothing to play for). Similarly, Brighton have nothing to play for. The Blues game is the tough one. They have to go to Villa Park, and Villa have to go to Ewood Park. It'll be interesting to see how they go

"Brighton have nothing to play for" ? Except possibly the Championship winners trophy!!

If we do stay up this season it will be because of our late season home form.

What we can't do next season is carry on with our atrocious away form, even whilst winning our last few home games we have still struggled away from home. We have the 2nd worst away record in this league, only Rotherham are worst than us.

Only a radical re-think of our tactics on our travels will stop us from being in another relegation battle next year.

We cannot afford to be complacent. I remember reading an article about some little team that thought they were big enough to stay in the division, but they got relegated after being in the drop zone for only 20 minutes. It must have made their fans look like right mugs- can't remember for the life of me what they're called though...

Evening all , really did fear for you after the performance at Deepdale but a couple of superb home performances and a good result IMO at Blackburn leaves you virtually home and dry which is pleasing , just left for Blackburn to be relegated please - that on the back of Wigan also going down ( after the years of grief from them both ) would be a reasonable end to our season :) as the team has decided to go on there summer holidays early and boy have the wheels fallen off - Newcastle away could be a bloodbath with us shipping goals all over the place and major injuries in defence ( Clarke who has been outstanding for us in the last 4 seasons is out for 10-12 months ) and Cunningham player of the season again for me fractured his leg against Norwich so out until pre season ... see you next season and have a good end to the season and a decent summer 

Mortis

Just now, Mortis said:

Evening all , really did fear for you after the performance at Deepdale but a couple of superb home performances and a good result IMO at Blackburn leaves you virtually home and dry which is pleasing , just for Blackburn to be relegated please - that on the back of Wigan going down ( after the years of grief from them both ) would be reasonable end to our season as the team has decided to go on there summer holidays early and boy have the wheels fallen off - Newcastle away could be a bloodbath with us shipping goals all over the place and major injuries in defence ( Clarke who has been outstanding for us in the last 4 seasons is out for 10-12 months ) and Cunningham player of the season again for me fractured his leg against Norwich so out until pre season ... see you next season and have a good end to the season and a decent summer 

Mortis

Listening to your local radio sports program on the way back from Blackburn I was sorry to hear that Greg has a broken leg. Hope he makes a good recovery. BTW thought PNE callers to the program were very critical of what has been another solid season from you guys!

11 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Listening to your local radio sports program on the way back from Blackburn I was sorry to hear that Greg has a broken leg. Hope he makes a good recovery. BTW thought PNE callers to the program were very critical of what has been another solid season from you guys!

Incredible IMO , lead to believe the 3rd smallest wage bill in the division and 10k crowds and a squad assembled at the cost of less than 4 million and fans are unhappy with a well run club by people who care a Manager who continually improves the squad / league position on a shoe string but the glass is half empty - but we could be owned by the Venkys , circa 150 million in debt , spiralling costs and in the bottom three 10 miles down the road , sometimes I despair - we are punching well above our weight and if the unfancied Grayson works his magic in the summer we could ( if McGeady signs ) push for a top six finish next season but if not just being in the second flight IMO is a success 

15 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Incredible IMO , lead to believe the 3rd smallest wage bill in the division and 10k crowds and a squad assembled at the cost of less than 4 million and fans are unhappy with a well run club by people who care a Manager who continually improves the squad / league position on a shoe string but the glass is half empty - but we could be owned by the Venkys , circa 150 million in debt , spiralling costs and in the bottom three 10 miles down the road , sometimes I despair - we are punching well above our weight and if the unfancied Grayson works his magic in the summer we could ( if McGeady signs ) push for a top six finish next season but if not just being in the second flight IMO is a success 

Another good solid season for you guys, I`d snatch your hand off for it mate. Sorry to hear about GC - I knew he`d gone off but didn`t realise he`d broken his leg.

Won`t you have another one of your good lads back next year though? Sorry I can`t remember the name but he got a really bad injury pre season - Scott someone?

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Another good solid season for you guys, I`d snatch your hand off for it mate. Sorry to hear about GC - I knew he`d gone off but didn`t realise he`d broken his leg.

Won`t you have another one of your good lads back next year though? Sorry I can`t remember the name but he got a really bad injury pre season - Scott someone?

Hi Red and yes a blow for Greg but he should be back for per season , we've had Stevie May out for 18 months and the full back out all season has been Callum Woods who has been a loss 

5 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Hi Red and yes a blow for Greg but he should be back for per season , we've had Stevie May out for 18 months and the full back out all season has been Callum Woods who has been a loss 

Callum Woods, that`s the one I was thinking of. I remember you being gutted when he got injured. Something stupid like just turned awkwardly in a friendly or something wasn`t it?

22 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Callum Woods, that`s the one I was thinking of. I remember you being gutted when he got injured. Something stupid like just turned awkwardly in a friendly or something wasn`t it?

Sorry Red for the late reply , yes indeed a nothing injury and been a real loss , will be glad when the season finishes as we are piling up the injuries :( 

Just a straw in the wind...Kodjia has had his 3 match suspension reduced to one match on appeal. He will miss the game when Villa play Birmingham therefore bug be available when they play Blackburn. Reading the Billa site, they all seem to want to lose to Blackburn to screw over Birmingham!

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 22:37, The Red Planet said:

I remember that ill advised Labour rally very well FB.

Not being cocky - just realistic, but of course until it is mathematically impossible for us to be relegated I will hold my breath.

However, I will take a £1000 bet tonight against anyone who says we will be relegated.

Very simply - if we stay up you pay me. Or, if you are right, I will pay you. 

Seriously. 

No City fan would take you up on this and no GAS fan either.

Archived