IGNORED

Can we all relax now and look forward to next season ?

The Red Planet

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 22:28, JHAGa said:

Ah, so here's the thread full of the posters fuming that results have picked up under LJ and congregating in their bitterness. Thought it was too positive and sensible elsewhere on the forum. 18th in the league = disaster. Get over yourselves. Can't let go of the bad set of results despite LJ proving before and after it, that he's more than capable of managing at this level but instead you focus on that period, which whilst awful, doesn't paint the bigger picture. But that doesn't suit your agendas.

Probably just pent up frustration because the fifteen of you have missed the last 3 home wins due to your 'boycott' and 'protests'. :laugh:

As for the OP, I wouldn't say we're safe yet but we're in a good position and one I'd certainly want to be in over the other teams around us. Just need to continue doing what we have been doing the last two months.

and not the previous five!

On 17/04/2017 at 22:37, The Red Planet said:

I remember that ill advised Labour rally very well FB.

Not being cocky - just realistic, but of course until it is mathematically impossible for us to be relegated I will hold my breath.

However, I will take a £1000 bet tonight against anyone who says we will be relegated.

Very simply - if we stay up you pay me. Or, if you are right, I will pay you. 

Seriously. 

fantastic this post is the final bit I need too complete my fence

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:40, Newquay-Red said:

We cannot afford to be complacent. I remember reading an article about some little team that thought they were big enough to stay in the division, but they got relegated after being in the drop zone for only 20 minutes. It must have made their fans look like right mugs- can't remember for the life of me what they're called though...

Let me help you out :laugh: I never get bored of watching this, seeing all those fat inbred bellends doing their dad dancing, if only they knew..........:laughcont:

On 18/04/2017 at 08:29, Super said:

Only an idiot would think we are already safe.

That must be me then ! Thanks Super, but I am not offended. 

I did say in the OP that it's not done yet, but I am sure it will happen. 

As Barnsley have nothing to play for now we can secure safety tomorrow with a win, we just need to keep doing what we have done in the last three home games. 

Congratulations on staying up ( not meant sarcastically ) as delighted to be playing City again next season , was also jumping for joy yesterday having had a £5 - 5 Team accumulator drop in , together with a treble score and win - Accum was Bristol City , Fulham , Brentford , Notts Forest and Swansea which was nice for £202 and the treble score and win being Bristol City , Fulham and Portsmouth for £109 so never been as happy to see a 3-2 win for Bristol City and see Forest hang on v Reading .... :)

See you next season and enjoy the summer 

Mortis

28 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Congratulations on staying up ( not meant sarcastically ) as delighted to be playing City again next season , was also jumping for joy yesterday having had a £5 - 5 Team accumulator drop in , together with a treble score and win - Accum was Bristol City , Fulham , Brentford , Notts Forest and Swansea which was nice for £202 and the treble score and win being Bristol City , Fulham and Portsmouth for £109 so never been as happy to see a 3-2 win for Bristol City and see Forest hang on v Reading .... :)

See you next season and enjoy the summer 

Mortis

Just do us one more favour mate and take points off the Geordies tomorrow could you? Be nice if Brighton had the title before we play them Saturday.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just do us one more favour mate and take points off the Geordies tomorrow could you? Be nice if Brighton had the title before we play them Saturday.

Hi pal , unfortunately with our injuries and nothing to play for I fear a similar result to the League Cup fixture earlier in the season ( we lost 6-0 ) but I live in hope :) 

The nightmare scenario still exists.

Villa don't turn up on Saturday (now why might that happen?) and Blackburn win by two goals; Brum beat Huddersfield, who are having a torrid time at the moment, by the same margin.  We go to Brighton and get turned over like we turned Walsall over in the final match of the season just two years ago.  Say we lose by five goals, as we did at Preston; with one game to go the situation is:

• City pts 51 GD -11
  • Brum pts 50 GD -20
  • Blackburn pts 48 GD -13

In that scenario Brum beating us on the final day with Blackburn winning by any bigger margin (as they're unlikely to have more goals for) would send us down.

The plus is that we will know the Birmingham and Blackburn results before the Brighton game on Saturday, so if they have both won I hope we will be sufficiently motivated to produce a performance at Brighton which, at the very least, limits any deficit to two goals at the most.  The critical thing now is not to get walloped at Brighton.

Yes, QPR, Burton and Forest are still in the mix and would need to get past 51 points and yes all of this is very unlikely, but there have been some pretty unlikely scenarios in the past.  I'm not taking anything for granted until we're mathematically safe. 

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The nightmare scenario still exists.

Villa don't turn up on Saturday (now why might that happen?) and Blackburn win by two goals; Brum beat Huddersfield, who are having a torrid time at the moment, by the same margin.  We go to Brighton and get turned over like we turned Walsall over in the final match of the season just two years ago.  Say we lose by five goals, as we did at Preston; with one game to go the situation is:

• City pts 51 GD -11
  • Brum pts 50 GD -20
  • Blackburn pts 48 GD -13

In that scenario Brum beating us on the final day with Blackburn winning by any bigger margin (as they're unlikely to have more goals for) would send us down.

The plus is that we will know the Birmingham and Blackburn results before the Brighton game on Saturday, so if they have both won I hope we will be sufficiently motivated to produce a performance at Brighton which, at the very least, limits any deficit to two goals at the most.  The critical thing now is not to get walloped at Brighton.

Yes, QPR, Burton and Forest are still in the mix and would need to get past 51 points and yes all of this is very unlikely, but there have been some pretty unlikely scenarios in the past.  I'm not taking anything for granted until we're mathematically safe. 

Completley agree, I don't think it is over yet. Think there will be some odd results before the season is out. 

Could villa be on the beach when their away to Blackburn? They've just won the local derby and I'm sure they would love to see the blue noses get relegated. We need one point and I think we'll get it. Plus Huddersfield still need points to be sure of a play off place. I think we're safe to be honest but then this is bristol City!

Archived